Fireworks? Yep, it's happening, but not how you think.

mergatroid

I have a lot of inside info from my last 10+ years as a CM but I don't have the desire to share it or even act like a know it all... by doing so you're spoiling the magic and everything behind WDW.

To be fair I'm guessing that 95% of people on this forum want to know as much as they can about Disney World and the things behind it. I'm not quite sure how somebody talking about fitting speakers in a hotel that's being built 'spoils the magic' or how Disney donating fireworks to a school can be seen in a negative light.

I do however respect your own values of not wanting to talk about what you know, that's something to be admired.

lumberguy5

First I'm amazed at your knowledge of the fireworks.

It's kind of like Tiger King...there are some parallels. For the record I'm team WDW PRO-his insight about the garbage Disney Star Wars and KK is amazing. It's what brought me here.

I work it as a hobby, I am apprenticing to get a professional license in California. Unlike Disney, I only get to work on a show once a month typically (Tho it doesn't look I will be doing a July 4th show this year).

1.3 is the larger variety. 1.4 is the "smaller" pyro.

1.3g is the restricted kind, the first restriction is on net explosive content, but there are a bunch of other restrictions that will place items into 1.3 rather than 1.4. Namely chemicals used, effects generated, and transport/storage requirements. I was pointing out that Disney could just take some of those castle effects out, because most of those mines/comets are just $2-$10 dollar effects. For a high school or college event, the shows are typically based around ground items with a few 3"/4" inch shells. Most of which typically exists in 1.4g consumer, its just that the 1.3g version come setup for electronic firing and are bought in bulk boxes (100-200 mines a box).

JoeCamel

I work it as a hobby, I am apprenticing to get a professional license in California. Unlike Disney, I only get to work on a show once a month typically (Tho it doesn't look I will be doing a July 4th show this year).

1.3g is the restricted kind, the first restriction is on net explosive content, but there are a bunch of other restrictions that will place items into 1.3 rather than 1.4. Namely chemicals used, effects generated, and transport/storage requirements. I was pointing out that Disney could just take some of those castle effects out, because most of those mines/comets are just $2-$10 dollar effects. For a high school or college event, the shows are typically based around ground items with a few 3"/4" inch shells. Most of which typically exists in 1.4g consumer, its just that the 1.3g version come setup for electronic firing and are bought in bulk boxes (100-200 mines a box).
Impressed with your knowledge, a question? Do you think the cancellation of 4th celebrations has caused a surplus of firework supplies or are they able to cut back on manufacturing enough to limit supply?

lumberguy5

Impressed with your knowledge, a question? Do you think the cancellation of 4th celebrations has caused a surplus of firework supplies or are they able to cut back on manufacturing enough to limit supply?

Supply is a hot mess right now. The Chinese factories went down in winter after having some issues with major explosions before COVID forced long term closures. The pandemic shipping issues are causing alot of problems with product just sitting in shipping containers not moving through toward the US. Local supply is good if a company has a stockpile to run shows (as no shows have been run since Feb), but the wholesalers are having issues keeping stocked. July 4th for consumers isn't going to be like 2019, supply is significantly worse as China usually makes those TNT/Phantom/etc items at the start of the year.

Most of the larger display groups can run shows right now, but I don't think that they could do more than a few without restocks. Also it is becoming rather difficult to locate specific fireworks, its kind of a buy whatever you can find market moment. A Disney pyromusical would have to start changing cues out as specialty effects are hard to find.

Thelazer

So @WDW Pro can choose to believe me or not. But I just heard that Disney is working with local schools in the area to provide fireworks for virtual graduation celebrations. Meaning people will be able to stay in their car, near the school they are graduating from, and watch a fireworks display.

So.. Was that Disney? = No that was not Disney product, nor sponsored by Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom