Pin Trading Suspended at Disney?

Disneyfanman

My wife, who cannot physically do many attractions, spends her time pin-trading while we are whooshing down splash mountain. This change makes perfect sense but it's another reason for us not to go back until this is all over. Sigh.

Jon81uk

Of course, Disney could go to silver, which has natural antiseptic qualities, as the base metal for the pins... but I doubt anybody would want to pay that much for them.

I don't think touching the pin is a huge concern, its the close contact between people. Every item you purchase will be touched by a CM and then yourself. But most registers are likely going to have a perspex screen to seperate you somewhat from the CM.
So trading with someone during a transaction might work, but if people are then going to demand staff get closer to you so you can see the pins, its not good and leads to the 6ft distancing being broken.

asianway

My wife, who cannot physically do many attractions, spends her time pin-trading while we are whooshing down splash mountain. This change makes perfect sense but it's another reason for us not to go back until this is all over. Sigh.
There’s several online outlets to do trading does she know about them?

Katelynbird

I know a lot of people are really into this, but it is the correct thing to do. There will come a time when Pin Trading will be back and who knows maybe some of these Pin collectors might find the Pressed Penny machines in the mean time. :)

Ldno

Did you guys know that disney moved their pin trading exclusives to their shopdisney website? Hahaha please tell me i am no the only one buying the park exclusive pins there? I must have gotten Some pretty sweet ones recently, YES they took like two-three weeks and came in an oversized box but worth the wait, I basically got disneyland pins from home. I went to Disney world the last week before the parks closed so i had a fresh memory on what pins were sold there and lo and behold they have been slowly but surely uploading all of them... Even galaxy’s edge limited edition pins!!!

ever since covid, starting april Disney has been uploading their park merchandise to their online website for a limited amount of time, pins are one of them, since we can’t trade pins, they have been selling them there.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Aren’t they already trying to phase out pin trading? It makes sense though, even if they’re not trying to.
IDK, they still seem really popular to me. Pins and Pin Trading have been around longer than I have been around. That is crazy. Disney has also tried other things like Vinylmations and they were popular for sometime, but the Pins keep rolling along. I don't see them going away.

Red Wench

I am someone who enjoys Pin Trading, but I do understand this policy. If I have to slow down my pin trading for a trip or even maybe two I will be fine with that to keep the CM's safe. I have seen traders get really close up to the CM's face to check out their lanyards so I can see why Disney is putting this policy in place. If the boards are still up as well pin trading can still go on at least that way.

Letteyeti

Disney Pin Trading is NOT going away for good. Like someone said Disney Pin Trading has been going on for 21 years. That is older than me. These pins sell from anywhere between $8-$17. With the amount of pins Disney sells everyday can you imagine how much money they make just on selling pins? They aren't getting rid of pins it is a huge money maker.

As for the Pin Trading with the Cast Members it will be gone for the time being until this who virus thingy gets settles and that makes sense, but there will be other ways to trade for those who want to trade in the parks. Pin Trading is fun. Disney will find other safe ways to make it happen for those who do it.

Giss Neric

I am not a pin trader or collector but I do buy pins for remembrance once in a blue moon like for an opening land or attraction. I also attended a pin trading convention and was blown away by the collection of a lot of people and they were serious as hell with their pin hobby.

Dutch Inn '76

Of course, Disney could go to silver, which has natural antiseptic qualities, as the base metal for the pins... but I doubt anybody would want to pay that much for them.

They could switch to sterling for the base metal, charge the same prices, and still make a profit. I love my pins, but crikey are they overpriced!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom