World Showcase to be staffed by American CMs

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
As reported elsewhere, according to a union agreement, roles typically held by Cultural Represenraices will be filled by cast members from other areas of WDW until a time when staffing returns to normal and they are needed at their original locations. No timeframe has been given. It also appears that these redeployed cast will be wearing the pavilions national costume that are only supposed to be worn by hosts from that country. Each pavilion has a small amount of full time cast that originate from the host country and are expected to remain in their locations.

“The Parties recognize and agree for the purposes of a reopening and until such time that the Company is able to resume normal staffing, employees who do not meet the culturally authentic theming at EPCOT may be temporarily assigned to work in positions that are otherwise reserved for Cultural Representatives.”

muddyrivers

43ora0.jpg

JRMFL

As reported elsewhere, according to a union agreement, roles typically held by Cultural Represenraices will be filled by cast members from other areas of WDW until a time when staffing returns to normal and they are needed at their original locations. No timeframe has been given. It also appears that these redeployed cast will be wearing the pavilions national costume that are only supposed to be worn by hosts from that country. Each pavilion has a small amount of full time cast that originate from the host country and are expected to remain in their locations.

“The Parties recognize and agree for the purposes of a reopening and until such time that the Company is able to resume normal staffing, employees who do not meet the culturally authentic theming at EPCOT may be temporarily assigned to work in positions that are otherwise reserved for Cultural Representatives.”
When I searched for the source of this, it leads to a blogger site, and endless copy and pastes from that initial one. Twitter has one image of the paragraph. No union sites I can find are linking to it. I don't doubt it, I just can't find the context from the initial source. Does any one have a union source for this?

jt04

When I searched for the source of this, it leads to a blogger site, and endless copy and pastes from that initial one. Twitter has one image of the paragraph. No union sites I can find are linking to it. I don't doubt it, I just can't find the context from the initial source. Does any one have a union source for this?

You're cynicism for anonymously sourced rumors is justified. In my opinion.

jt04

Please explain 😊

Probably wants to convince you that WS provides a deep cultural exchange experience while being fully aware it doesn't. Pure posturing which diminishes the real deal.

Looking to the day when Disney promotes 'Adventures by Disney' over make believe World Showcase cultural exchange tropes. That would be real progress. IMO.

It helps that Disney IP is taking over Epcot. Not a popular opinion now but it will prove popular and successful in the long term.

HauntedMansionFLA

Probably wants to convince you that WS provides a deep cultural exchange experience while being fully aware it doesn't. Pure posturing which diminishes the real deal.

Looking to the day when Disney promotes 'Adventures by Disney' over make believe World Showcase cultural exchange tropes. That would be real progress. IMO.

It helps that Disney IP is taking over Epcot. Not a popular opinion now but it will prove popular and successful in the long term.
You are looking at the big picture and long term gains!!

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

It was from a union call, I don’t know if there is a transcript of it, but I’ll look

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom