Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Two: The Golf War

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
1590984070056.png

Project Two: The Golf War
maxresdefault.jpg

Mini golf is always a good entry level Armchair Imagineering project that by its nature makes it easy to divide up bite-sized parts of the overall assignment to different team members. That's exactly why it's what you'll be working with for the first project in the season's official teams. For this project, teams will be assigned 30 acres to design an 18 hole miniature golf course. The catch is, all three of the courses the teams design must reside within the same miniature golf complex. This essentially acts as the game's first ever CROSSOVER PROJECT! This is NOT a big group project, and there will not be a centralized hub for collaborating the ideas. Instead, teams must rely on checking in on what the other teams are doing to make sure their concepts sync up to form the one unified whole of "DISNEY'S GOLFLAND".
This should be a really interesting experiment in the brainstorming of each individual team impacting the other two on some level.

Here's where things get interesting. Teams must assign a project leader within the first 24 hours of a project. It is the project leader's responsibility to guide the brainstorming, but they don't necessarily have to post the finished product if scheduling is an issue. Most importantly, each round the project leader will nominate two people for elimination and one person for PoMVP. If the team looses, the judges will deliberate between which of the two nominees to eliminate from the game based on performance within the project. If the team wins, the PoMVP nominee will be safe from being nominated for elimination the following round. Once you've been project leader once, you're not allowed to do it again until everyone on your team has done so.

It's worth noting that were all well aware that real life stuff is going to come up and are willing to be flexible during this time. If you're going to be inactive for a round, all we ask is that you notify your team. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone using this as a free pass and am trusting an honor system by putting this into place. I'm willing to be flexible, but this is still a game with 18 in the cast and only three people ultimately making the finals,, so eliminations WILL happen most every round barring really outstanding outside the game circumstances, including multiple DOUBLE ELIMINATION rounds we have strategically planned out throughout the next ten rounds. The game is a'foot!

Good luck teams. This project is due Friday, June 5th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.

Sharon&Susan

I think the world of Mickey Mouse as a whole could be a good theme. There could be a hole themed to Scrooge’s Money Bin or the Rescue Rangers. Maybe one that takes place in Donald’s boat? Just a concept.
It sounds like it could be pretty cohesive, but I kinda want hole 13 to be themed to Frankenweenie:
1590984965957.png

That might just be me though.

Outbound

Because we're supposed to collaborate on the overall project, I'm posting this here in addition to my own team's brainstorming.

I think if "Disney's Golfland" is to have three primary mini-golf courses, we will need an overall theme. Let's just think it: it'd be a bit weird if a Disney Golfing Resort had an Emperor's New Groove Course, Star Wars Course, and Jules Verne inspired course.

My suggestion is for the first day, we all think in three's. What is a general concept that can be broken up into three equal elements?

My initial thought is Land, Sea, and Air (or Space). That would mean one team makes a mini-golf course all set on the land, another team makes one set under the sea, and a third sets one up in the air (or maybe in outer space). That would tie our projects together and give Disney's Golfland an identity, while we can still compete with relatively even themes and the ability to do whatever we'd like in the 18 holes.

Another possibility is to steal from SA6 and go with Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy (or Present). That would be mean one team gets a past-themed course (there's a lot of options there, no idea which time period you'd go for), one team gets a fantasy setting (or modern-day) and the last team gets a future setting.

Of course, these are only the two ideas I happened to come up in 15 minutes. I'm sure there's plenty of other groups of three's we can draw from.

Sharon&Susan

Because we're supposed to collaborate on the overall project, I'm posting this here in addition to my own team's brainstorming.

I think if "Disney's Golfland" is to have three primary mini-golf courses, we will need an overall theme. Let's just think it: it'd be a bit weird if a Disney Golfing Resort had an Emperor's New Groove Course, Star Wars Course, and Jules Verne inspired course.

My suggestion is for the first day, we all think in three's. What is a general concept that can be broken up into three equal elements?

My initial thought is Land, Sea, and Air (or Space). That would mean one team makes a mini-golf course all set on the land, another team makes one set under the sea, and a third sets one up in the air (or maybe in outer space). That would tie our projects together and give Disney's Golfland an identity, while we can still compete with relatively even themes and the ability to do whatever we'd like in the 18 holes.

Another possibility is to steal from SA6 and go with Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy (or Present). That would be mean one team gets a past-themed course (there's a lot of options there, no idea which time period you'd go for), one team gets a fantasy setting (or modern-day) and the last team gets a future setting.

Of course, these are only the two ideas I happened to come up in 15 minutes. I'm sure there's plenty of other groups of three's we can draw from.
Both are great options IMO, but I'd go with suggestion number 2 especially if we're keeping the Disney's Golfland name. My personal choice would be working on a set of future themed holes (Always love me some Sci-Fi and a healthy amount of futuristic optimism).
Yes, but make sure they're all within your own individual course.
Thanks.

JokersWild

I've successfully returned with ideas in tow!

Firstly, I personally wouldn't suggest basing this off of a specific character, especially Goofy (there is already a Goofy-themed course on Disney Cruise Lines.). IPs as a whole are whatever. Personally I'd rather do something mostly original, but if the team has their heart set on a specific IP, that's a-ok with me.

I came up with three rough outline while at work:
1. Music themed - highly interactive. Each course has some sort of musical element (physical or digital) which can be set off by the golf balls. Possibly physical guest interaction in some holes as well. I'd love to have the 18th hole be this sort of Rube Goldberg automaton-type thing where golfers work together to hit different parts of the machine at the same time to set up an automated orchestra. Super whimsical, super elevated.

2. Georges Melies sci-fi/fantasy themed course - Partially indoors. Loosely follows the films and aesthetics of Georges Melies. Partially indoors for a group of lunar-themed holes. I'd love to have physical "magic" effects. His films were super effective in their use of stage magic. This leads me to my final idea:

3. Generic Magic - Just as the title says: generic magic-themed course. Could have some super cool effects for the holes, but I don't think that it would be as interesting aesthetically as my other two pitches.

We also have to start thinking about a team leader. I think tiki gave us 24 hours to figure that out.

EmFromPlanetEarth

I've successfully returned with ideas in tow!

Firstly, I personally wouldn't suggest basing this off of a specific character, especially Goofy (there is already a Goofy-themed course on Disney Cruise Lines.). IPs as a whole are whatever. Personally I'd rather do something mostly original, but if the team has their heart set on a specific IP, that's a-ok with me.

I came up with three rough outline while at work:
1. Music themed - highly interactive. Each course has some sort of musical element (physical or digital) which can be set off by the golf balls. Possibly physical guest interaction in some holes as well. I'd love to have the 18th hole be this sort of Rube Goldberg automaton-type thing where golfers work together to hit different parts of the machine at the same time to set up an automated orchestra. Super whimsical, super elevated.

2. Georges Melies sci-fi/fantasy themed course - Partially indoors. Loosely follows the films and aesthetics of Georges Melies. Partially indoors for a group of lunar-themed holes. I'd love to have physical "magic" effects. His films were super effective in their use of stage magic. This leads me to my final idea:

3. Generic Magic - Just as the title says: generic magic-themed course. Could have some super cool effects for the holes, but I don't think that it would be as interesting aesthetically as my other two pitches.

We also have to start thinking about a team leader. I think tiki gave us 24 hours to figure that out.
Back on team durango, i suggested golf courses about movies books and cartoons. either have each hole represent a different franchise, or have each course focus on a single franchise, or have multiple holes themed to a set number of franchises, such as 3 franchises per course. One idea was a phineas and ferb golf course, based of the mini golf episode. and gravity falls could be cool too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom