News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Again only speculation, but I read somewhere that they are giving DVC members and their guests first dibs on park reservations. Of course, nothing has been officially released to that effect by Disney. It's a mess regardless. Where did you end up booking?
Yea people have been “reading” everything about all things. Tired of it honestly.

All-Star Music is what we picked. Hopefully it opens!

jaxonp

I have a reservation in August at Bay Lake Tower. Everyone in our group is AP.. are we guaranteed access into the parks during our stay? Has this info been released somewhere?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have a reservation in August at Bay Lake Tower. Everyone in our group is AP.. are we guaranteed access into the parks during our stay? Has this info been released somewhere?
We do not know all the details of how the reservation model will work yet other than statements that reservations will be required. Those details are likely to come out in the upcoming weeks.

mickeymiss

Well I sure Am happy I purchased The deposit for my reservation literally RIGHT after they announced the plans. Because now they’ve put a hold on new tickets!

We paid in full an hour or so after the announcement. It wasn't due until 7/6. I will be crushed if they void my reservation because we didn't fully pay before the announcement. Most people use that pay later option and I was using it strictly to avoid being 5k in the hole for a park that wasn't sure to open yet. Boy oh boy.

bdearl41

Hello guys,

The reopening plan I honestly do not see logical, too preventive.

1.- Elimination of parades.
2.- Elimination of fireworks.
3.- Elimination of characters meet and greet.
4.- Elimination of park hopper with park reservations.
5.- Elimination of number of buses, monorail, etc.
6.- Fewer opening hours of each park. three hours less in magic kingdom, two hours less in Animal, two and a half in total in Hollywood and two in EPCOT.
7.- Changes in health insurance included in our reservations excluding COVID 19
8.- Reduction of the Halloween party predictably to its minimum expression.
9.- Elimination of the buffet of characters.
10.- Exaggerated loss of freedom of movement.
11.- Resort pools closed.

They are making a mistake, if they keep that will be the ruin of disneyworld, it is not sustainable to travel to Disneyworld like this.

What do You think?

Thanks
I think too it’s improved remember this is initial. I believe Disney probably has plans and the incentive to get a lot of these aspect back as quickly as possible. Most of these rules probably won’t last into September. They certainly seem to be planning cautiously to start with goals of getting back or close to back to normal operations as soon as they can without bad press

jt04

A huge change in policy is inevitable despite not being mentioned in their reopening presentation or blog posts (after being floated by Disney weeks ago in the CMO press release)? I doubt it...and I certainly hope not, since there's no evidence Disney could successfully roll virtual queues out in a month.

They're making enough changes to park operations. Throwing virtual queues on top would be nuts.

Agreed in the short term.

jt04

A huge change in policy is inevitable despite not being mentioned in their reopening presentation or blog posts (after being floated by Disney weeks ago in the CMO press release)? I doubt it...and I certainly hope not, since there's no evidence Disney could successfully roll virtual queues out in a month.

They're making enough changes to park operations. Throwing virtual queues on top would be nuts.

I took from the comments that reservations may be here to stay. With VQs to follow. IMO.

Miss Bella

Again only speculation, but I read somewhere that they are giving DVC members and their guests first dibs on park reservations. Of course, nothing has been officially released to that effect by Disney. It's a mess regardless. Where did you end up booking?
I would think they would give DVC and resort reservations priority at 60 days just like they do with fast pass system. Then it would go to the thirty days first come first serve.

wdw71fan

Pretty sure the quick service will be opening at all of the DVC resorts will be interesting to say the least.

The good news is as things go they can go and adjust further openings later this summer.

I was speaking on the grander scale.. not just the DVC resorts..

Make no mistake about it, the DVC resorts opening are a 'stop the bleeding' measure for DVC.. Has only a moderate influence over the parks. This isn't about 'lets get our beloved DVC members into their 'homes'' ... It's 'lets get the DVC resorts open before someone files a class action lawsuit.'

On the subject of transportation again, wait til you see the ferries :)

Miss Bella

What's included in what phase is a little fuzzy at times and they are adjusting as they go based on available data but this is the official site with all the latest details on the plan and where we currently are.

It looks like what you posted is phase1? Have they not decided what phase two is? I'm just wondering in what phase is social distancing no longer needed.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Reservations are short term until they see if they’re needed. VQ in the short term are undecided.

Like the boarding groups to enter SWGE that were never needed.

We will see June 5 what the demand for this is. My gut tells me that it's going to be a ghost town the rest of the year. Unfortunately Disney has painted themselves into a corner with the massive amounts of preplanning for Disney trips, thus making it impossible to do last minute and spontaneous trips.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yup, and as long as they aren’t forcing people to keep their reservations during these couple of weeks I’m fine with that. If someone wants to just come and chill at a quiet DVC resort with nothing open around them, more power to them. If, on the other hand, they force people to keep their reservations when all the parks and other resorts are closed, well that’s just pathetic.
They aren’t forcing people to keep their reservation but if you cancel now and are within 30 days your points go into a holding account. That means you need to use them before your use year is up. Not a big deal if you want to reschedule in July or August. But if you have kids in school and wanted to wait until next June to rebook you are out of luck. During the period of time they were closed the rules for banking and borrowing were suspended and the points could easily role forward to next summer. So by opening in June without the parks you force anyone who has a reservation to rebook quickly or lose the points.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It looks like what you posted is phase1? Have they not decided what phase two is? I'm just wondering in what phase is social distancing no longer needed.
There is not a concrete schedule or finite details on exactly what will happen and when. He (Governor DeSantis) has said repeatedly they are following the federal framework guidelines but they are making adjustments each and every week based on the available data and how the previous phase goes. That is the official state website for the return.

If you are looking for a date that social distancing will not be required by the state you are not going to find it any time soon. The state is taking a very conservative approach to returning and have said the timeline will evolve based on then available data

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom