What will Disney do with FPs made during the times the parks close earlier now?

durangojim

Original Poster
So I see that park hours will be limited in July, mostly closing earlier. For those of us who made FPs, especially the harder to find ones, will Disney just give us a use anytime FP for the ride you had originally reserved?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So I see that park hours will be limited in July, mostly closing earlier. For those of us who made FPs, especially the harder to find ones, will Disney just give us a use anytime FP for the ride you had originally reserved?
I expect as they cancel enough guests to get down to 15,000 per park per day (or whatever the number is), there will be plenty of FP+ availability for those still looking to go.

crawale

What if you have a dining reservation at one park and fast passes at another? Will reservations only be for one park or what?

RaveOnEd

I don’t see the question answered in that blog post, but I had the same question. I’ll check in with WDW soon to find out anyway.

peter11435

I don’t see the question answered in that blog post, but I had the same question. I’ll check in with WDW soon to find out anyway.
The key is this paragraph.

“As we continue to follow guidance from government and health care officials regarding how we’ll be able to reopen our parks and resorts in a responsible way, we may also need to make real-time adjustments to booked experiences, park tickets and park passes. “

In other words even once the parks are open and operating your existing reservations (tickets, fastpasses, dining, etc...) may not be honored.

RaveOnEd

The key is this paragraph.

“As we continue to follow guidance from government and health care officials regarding how we’ll be able to reopen our parks and resorts in a responsible way, we may also need to make real-time adjustments to booked experiences, park tickets and park passes. “

In other words even once the parks are open and operating your existing reservations (tickets, fastpasses, dining, etc...) may not be honored.
I was taking that more to mean if you had park hoppers, they may not be honored, or some of the extra tours you would normally book.

They also said that now those who have reservations booked will have a chance to reserve their park days and all.

I guess we’ll not really know until this all rolls out in the next bit of time.

peter11435

I was taking that more to mean if you had park hoppers, they may not be honored, or some of the extra tours you would normally book.

They also said that now those who have reservations booked will have a chance to reserve their park days and all.

I guess we’ll not really know until this all rolls out in the next bit of time.
It means more than that. Just look at dining. Not every location people have dining reservations for will be reopening right away and even those that do will have to severely limit capacity below booked levels.

wdwfan22

If you travel to Disney during the months of July August and September you should be prepared to just wing it. FastPass may or may not be offered. Restaurants won't all be operating and those that are will be at reduced capacity. You may not even be able to visit the park you were hoping to due to capacity restrictions. I think some guests are going to be in for a rude awakening when they return.

thomas998

If you travel to Disney during the months of July August and September you should be prepared to just wing it. FastPass may or may not be offered. Restaurants won't all be operating and those that are will be at reduced capacity. You may not even be able to visit the park you were hoping to due to capacity restrictions. I think some guests are going to be in for a rude awakening when they return.
Fastpass+ along with all dining reservations are being cancelled and will not return for the foreseeable future. Also no new ticket sales will be made as they will focus only on providing space for existing reservation and ticket holders and existing AP holders. Don't expect anything to be even marginally back to normal until 2021. Also note that the dining reservation will open with a 60 day window instead of the previous 180 when they do start reservations again. Frankly it has been enough to convince me not to go this year, even though I've noticed the plane tickets would have been at a low I haven't seen in more than a decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom