News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

KeithVH

It’s a safety issue. Kids under 3 may not be able to tell an adult they can’t breathe and they will pass out. The airlines and other places are following the same rule. It comes from the CDC recommendation
Totally get it. Even semi-intelligent individuals will takeaway from this that YOU DON"T TAKE SMALL CHILDREN OUT. At least for a while yet.

However. We all know that ain't happenin' with the target audience. As was said in another thread - try to reason with a 4-year old why the other kid doesn't have a mask but they have to suffer with it. Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Regardless of the good intentions (we know where that road leads), science, and reason behind the limit, it basically leaves the most vulnerable segment of the population at the mercy of, well, pretty much everything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The 2018 prices came from here: https://blog.fidelityresales.com/long-term-value-of-disney-vacation-club-ownership
There is no lag - I looked at DVCStore and DVCResaleMarket to get the current selling prices, and figured the approx. average from today.
Those are asking prices...not sale prices. And the asking prices for some contracts have dipped. That chart doesn’t take into account the variation in pricing between small (high price) and bloat (cheap) prices either.

And the contracts don’t close in 3 days...there’s going to be a lag.

But I see your thing...you’re looking at it as an “investment” when I see “timeshare” in the legalize I signed long ago.

Stay tuned...i May be right...and I may be wrong. It’s all instinct.

But consider this: right now people are asking for “more” for their real estate to get ahead of the drop scenario that happened 2007-2011.

Are not dvc owners doing the same? I think they would be trying to...that’s what happens when the wave crashes and people try to hurry up and get out before anyone notices.

corsairk09

No way man. Texas is booming !! Restaurants crowded. People are ready!! Isn’t that exciting?!
I think it is going to come down to how Disney reopens closed attractions like the boutique, theaters, Meet and Greets, food carts etc. As of right now, the Disney experience sounds ok if you are a teen or adult, but if you have a 3 y/o that only wants to meet Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck then the experience isn't all that appealing. Especially if this is a once or twice a decade trip. We were thinking about going late July..... but now we are going to have to request refunds or another solution. Just not worth the limited experience for us since we rarely go. :(

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Those are asked prices...not sale prices. And the asking prices for some contracts have dipped. That chart doesn’t take into account the variation in pricing between small (high price) and bloat (cheap) prices either.

And the contracts don’t close in 3 days...there’s going to be a lag.

But I see your thing...you’re looking at it as an “investment” when I see “timeshare” in the legalize I signed long ago.

Stay tuned...i May be right...and I may be wrong. It’s all instinct.

But consider this: right now people are asking for “more” for their real estate to get ahead of the drop scenario that happened 2007-2011.

Are not dvc owners doing the same? I think they would be trying to...that’s what happens when the wave crashes and people try to hurry up and get out before anyone notices.
So just so you know - practically every figure I put into the average was for a contract that has already had the offer accepted by a buyer. Just so you know.

ELG13

I saw somewhere else about different tiers of APs getting access at different times. Is this accurate? We are going to get until next year, just curious.

Ben_since_1971

The problem with the "if you don't want to wear a mask" attitude is fine if it was to prevent yourself from getting sick, but it isn't. The reason to wear a mask to protect others from you in case you're infected and don't know it. Since the virus is more infectious before showing symptoms -- and it only works if everyone is wearing a mask. If the number of new cases skyrocket and especially if its traced back to theme parks, they will be closed again. And probably until there's a vaccine.

Wear the mask. or stay home.
I very much agree with your sentiment, and I apologize if I came across any other way. I would love to see people follow the rules, but I also know people are going to do whatever they want to do. I can control my behavior though so that is why I wear the mask, and will avoid anyone who wants to flaunt the rules and not wear them.

Ben_since_1971

Btw I had a friend leave NY a few weeks ago and flew down to Ft. Lauderdale. No prob getting in and no prob getting back home. At all. Was only there for a few days. So even with the travel restrictions in place for the tri state, they are not being enforced.
I don't know that it could be legally enforced. Rhode Island caught the same flack early on, stopping cars from NY and NJ to tell them to quarantine. There were a lot of legal questions (hello US Constitution), and they changed their policy to anyone from any state. Even at that, how do you enforce it, and do you even have legal standing to enforce it, physically (detainment) or financially (fines). If anything, it's a deterrent measure if anything.

Seanual757

I saw somewhere else about different tiers of APs getting access at different times. Is this accurate? We are going to get until next year, just curious.

I have not seen anything posted about passholder levels but stuff is coming out it seems by the hour. I can see the blackout dates being enforced as a way to help with capacity.

The last post on the Disney Blog site was the Water Parks will not be opening at this time. The pools at the resorts opening on 6/22 will be open. It will be interesting to see what the resorts look like when they open (capacity levels).

schuelma

We are renting points at Polynesian Nov 15-21. As of now we're a go, will be fascinating watching this play out in the next few months. Even though its 5 months away I would be surprised if much changes as far as masks, etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Mask will be issue with Excess CO2 building as you wear a mask as will Hypercapnia!! Face Coverings in the FLORIDA SUN with HEAT and HUMIDITY will be Sweat Rags that Breed Infections and Skin Issues!! Masks will be ovens!! Relief areas will not cut it!! When people start passing out due to the increase of CO2 Disney will have problems with people passing out, headaches and more!! The body expels CO2 when Exhaling and any Mask or Covering limits the release and the CO2 returns into Body as it builds over an 6 to 8 to more Hour Day in the FLORIDA SUN and HEAT it will not be pretty! Disney Springs is not MK or EPCOT!! Masks should be optional because COVID is basically killed in the Sun in about 60 secs...The PARTICLES people speak of when in HIGH HUMIDITY are ABSORBED and weighed down which makes COVID in the FLORIDA SUN and HUMIDITY extremely difficult to pass and survive!! Universal Volcano Bay will not require MASKS I think because of the IN and OUT of WATER!! Volcano Bay will do extremely well!! Disney will have to look to Open Blizzard Bleach and Typhoon Lagoon ASAP!! The Resorts should open!! Hotels are OPEN ALL OVER FLORIDA and there is no reason Disney cannot Manage!! Universal will be out shortly with HOTEL PLANS as well!

"Masks should be optional because COVID is basically killed in the Sun in about 60 secs.. "

Source for this claim?

Mainahman

I think it is going to come down to how Disney reopens closed attractions like the boutique, theaters, Meet and Greets, food carts etc. As of right now, the Disney experience sounds ok if you are a teen or adult, but if you have a 3 y/o that only wants to meet Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck then the experience isn't all that appealing. Especially if this is a once or twice a decade trip. We were thinking about going late July..... but now we are going to have to request refunds or another solution. Just not worth the limited experience for us since we rarely go. :(
If the parks are at limited capacity, i can see them doing every other row in the big theaters like american adventure etc. For us going still is worth it, as we dont do meet and greets, we dodge parades to ride attractions, and sometimes catch fireworks. But your right, if you have a child that will want to do those things, no reason to drag them and get a sub par time.

csmat99

Apologize if this was shared but got e-mail from DVC. Not sure how to interpret this.

"As we prepare to welcome you home, we have assessed every aspect of the resort experience – from pre-arrival to housekeeping to recreation – with your safety and that of our Cast Members as our top priority. A summary of what you can expect during your next visit is posted on the Disney Parks Blog. Some of the operational adjustments include:

Enhanced cleaning of all rooms prior to arrival, including additional measures for dishware and appliances for Disney Vacation Club units, along with the standard Disney Vacation Club housekeeping services during your stay"

I wonder when this happened if they would go back to daily housekeeping but this message saying "standard" leads me to believe it will be the normal only once if you are staying certain amount of days (forgot how may). Opinions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom