Trip Report Completed: March 5-14, 2020: Our Return to WDW and the "Hips and Elbows People, Hips and Elbows!" edition

Hello everyone! It has been one month since we made our return to Walt Disney World, it was 593 days since we had been there. We hadn't been without Disney trips, we were annual passholders of Disneyland during that time. More info in my pre-trip report. Needless to say we were were excited to return. I was a little apprehensive for a few reasons: 1. what if I didn't like WDW as much any more after being away so long and maybe I had fallen too much in love with Disneyland. 2. I was slightly worried about this corona virus thing (maybe I should have been more worried), but I was hopeful we would get through the trip without having to think about it.

In case you don't want to go back to my pre-trip report let me give you a few more details:

Who: Amy and Brad (my husband)
Resort: Pop Century

Let's begin:

March 5, 2020

We had an early morning flight, it is a pain getting up at 3 am but we do like getting to our destination early and being able to spend a lot of our day at our vacation destination. Plus we were early birds so it wasn't too bad. Luckily there wasn't a snow storm and our flight out of Minneapolis was on schedule!

Not much was open so early but Caribou coffee!
1586132137822.png

Coming up more of our journey and lots of fun, food and beer!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday March 11, 2020

Time for Oga’s cantina! We had been to the Cantina quite a few times in Disneyland and we were looking forward to it again.

5C4347D9-EF5F-4A2D-A86F-4774973F715D.jpeg

Talked to Vi while waiting.
82BEDFB5-B097-44E4-B6E1-C4442DE9B3FB.jpeg

We had a great table in front of R3X!
E6362EDD-BC56-4094-97D7-23E105DF8F6B.jpeg

509AFCAD-B6BD-4AE4-974F-F68BB1319576.jpeg

DD09C73F-2CEB-41DA-880E-1C7B22BBE80C.jpeg

B0766F34-C452-488A-994F-A70C2DCF402A.jpeg

Brad got the Yub Nub (didn't take home the glass because he already has one) and I got the White Wampa (I think). We were hungry so we shared the cookie that comes with the non-alcoholic blue milk drink. The cookie was okay a little dry.
70C282E0-F5E6-44AF-A3F2-DF991CEE197A.jpeg

And we got the meat tray. It was on a very large plate and took up most of the table space. I felt bad for the couple across from us and apologized for taking up their space. They were cool about it. Again we were hungry so this hit the spot, not necessarily fill us up though. We probably wouldn't get it again. At one point B bit into something and he said that kind of tastes like Spam, well that's because it was.
05312718-1BAB-4A25-B2ED-4FFBA53E736C.jpeg

B did a change of shirts before Oga's, I had gotten him this shirt for Christmas and it was perfect for the occasion.
A1190BBD-09AC-4E8E-98F6-D5971D850996.jpeg

Party on DJ R3X!
F043586A-7651-4634-9417-5FC6973B5538.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday March 11, 2020

We headed over to Smuggler's Run and used the single rider line. We ended up in the same pod together!
ADB80E4A-FAD2-4837-A346-034CB540A4F5.jpeg

49377829-B7DF-456B-812C-655A0AA71C64.jpeg

0039D084-35AD-4415-B1D1-19F6DD8ED0E5.jpeg

3B489B4E-BDA1-4439-B880-013E6924D884.jpeg

0B520B3D-5A2C-49FF-B02B-7B396E222E5C.jpeg

B14375E6-A13D-4BCC-8565-420F3011F232.jpeg

Engineers for us!
AC7FA60C-8ED8-4B7D-B51E-4671C98B1C25.jpeg

6F4695AD-5C5E-429F-8017-32FD842764BB.jpeg

23B3CE9F-2BAF-49A0-B972-9C42102BFC83.jpeg

After Smugglers we had some Muppet fun. And still no boarding group although it was moving through groups quickly today. We had hope we would get called before the dessert party!
B77C4282-A6E4-43BB-BE67-3CFB83E4290E.jpeg

Songbird76

No the mustard sauce isn't on the meat. The sauces are all separate. The mustard sauce doesn't really taste that mustard-like but maybe you'll have to give it a pass. The zebra domes didn't taste like coffee, there is some sort of liqueur in it. I guess I can't really describe the taste but not one that I particularly like, it isn't horrid but there is other stuff I'd rather eat.
Oh, that's good to know, thanks! I'm not one for sauces for the most part anyway, so I'd just give the mustard sauce a pass.

I thought I had read somewhere that zebra domes were coffee flavored, so I wouldn't have tried them. But I looked it up, and apparently it's amarula, which I have never heard of, but I guess it's a kind of fruity cream liqueur, similar to Baileys, but more sweet and fruity. I might give them a try next time I'm at Disney, but I remember that bread pudding was amazing and I think I may be hard pressed to waste stomach space on an unknown when I could stuff my face with that bread pudding.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Of all of the foods God should never have created...my husband loves spam! 🤢
Is it really spam?! He will be in pig heaven (pun intended)!

There is Spam (or some version of it), it is in the area by the cheese strands (lower right). We actually like Spam too but it has to be fried or grilled and it seemed like this had a light fry to it. I occasionally will cube it up, fry it until crispy and put it in homemade mac and cheese. I once tried to eat it without cooking it and ugh it was nasty.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, that's good to know, thanks! I'm not one for sauces for the most part anyway, so I'd just give the mustard sauce a pass.

I thought I had read somewhere that zebra domes were coffee flavored, so I wouldn't have tried them. But I looked it up, and apparently it's amarula, which I have never heard of, but I guess it's a kind of fruity cream liqueur, similar to Baileys, but more sweet and fruity. I might give them a try next time I'm at Disney, but I remember that bread pudding was amazing and I think I may be hard pressed to waste stomach space on an unknown when I could stuff my face with that bread pudding.

Yeah, that description of the amarula is pretty good. There was a fruity note to it. Bailey's is would make them taste better, at least to me. But there is also that icky white chocolate too; I don't like white chocolate much. I think they are worth trying though if you are at Boma. Doesn't some bread pudding sound good now though? 🙂

Songbird76

Yeah, that description of the amarula is pretty good. There was a fruity note to it. Bailey's is would make them taste better, at least to me. But there is also that icky white chocolate too; I don't like white chocolate much. I think they are worth trying though if you are at Boma. Doesn't some bread pudding sound good now though? 🙂
Yeah, I'm not a fan of white chocolate either, though the kids both like it. But if I'm at Boma already, I might as well try one and see what the fuss is. I've never had a fruity cream liqueur...I like Baileys, and there's this chocolate cream liqueur in Germany that I LOVE...it tastes like liquid tootsie rolls. But I've never had a fruity one, though I haven't liked any of the fruity cocktails I've had, so I guess I will just have to see. Though it will probably be a long time before I get back to Disneyworld.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not a fan of white chocolate either, though the kids both like it. But if I'm at Boma already, I might as well try one and see what the fuss is. I've never had a fruity cream liqueur...I like Baileys, and there's this chocolate cream liqueur in Germany that I LOVE...it tastes like liquid tootsie rolls. But I've never had a fruity one, though I haven't liked any of the fruity cocktails I've had, so I guess I will just have to see. Though it will probably be a long time before I get back to Disneyworld.

Oh yummy - liquid tootsie rolls sounds tasty 😋

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You might be able to get it where you are....Mozart liqueur? They have Milk, dark, and white chocolate varieties, but I prefer the Milk. Sooooo good, though I don't drink much so a bottle lasts me a REALLY long time.

I’ve never seen it, but must admit I don’t usually go to the liquor store and am satisfied with whatever beer, wine or gin I can get in the grocery store down the street. But is it German or Austrian?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I 😍 your light saber! I would totally be on board to make one like that!

I was going to give the Cinderella coach to a little kid before we left but with the parks shutting down I wasn't sure a parent would want their kid to get something from a stranger. I did bring it home though.

That chocolate liqueur sounds tasty. Next time I go to a liquor store maybe I'll have to browse and see if we have anything like that here.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, looks like WDW has announced it's reopening dates. Getting some dates is a relief and it puts an official closure on our end of June/early July trip. I was 99.99999% sure we weren't going but it is still a little sad. We have had an alternate booked for awhile in August so hopefully we will be good to go for that.

riverside

Premium Member
he said that kind of tastes like Spam, well that's because it was.
Of all of the foods God should never have created...my husband loves spam! 🤢
🤮🤮🤮
Well, looks like WDW has announced it's reopening dates. Getting some dates is a relief and it puts an official closure on our end of June/early July trip. I was 99.99999% sure we weren't going but it is still a little sad. We have had an alternate booked for awhile in August so hopefully we will be good to go for that.
So, I read that they are going to be notifying people with existing reservations & those with AP's & do it in phases. We were planning on August. I wonder if R would be able to go b/c he doesn't have an AP??

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
🤮🤮🤮

So, I read that they are going to be notifying people with existing reservations & those with AP's & do it in phases. We were planning on August. I wonder if R would be able to go b/c he doesn't have an AP??

Not to thrilled at those faces you made at Spam! 😁😅

Good question about R and the ability to go if he doesn't have an AP. Were you planning on buying tickets or did he have a ticket just not an AP. If he had a ticket he'd probably be okay, but maybe if he is listed on the reservation they would still sell him a ticket. Maybe you'll have to call about that.

MickeyCB

There is Spam (or some version of it), it is in the area by the cheese strands (lower right). We actually like Spam too but it has to be fried or grilled and it seemed like this had a light fry to it. I occasionally will cube it up, fry it until crispy and put it in homemade mac and cheese. I once tried to eat it without cooking it and ugh it was nasty.
Oh he fries it, and I have learned when he makes meatloaf and looks at me funny and asks "how do you like it" to be very suspicious. He has hidden spam in the meatloaf in the past and one time put potato chips in there!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh he fries it, and I have learned when he makes meatloaf and looks at me funny and asks "how do you like it" to be very suspicious. He has hidden spam in the meatloaf in the past and one time put potato chips in there!

Hmm, spam in meatloaf and potato chips? That sounds creative., not for sure how I feel about that. I would probably eat it though. Was it good?

riverside

Premium Member
Good question about R and the ability to go if he doesn't have an AP. Were you planning on buying tickets or did he have a ticket just not an AP. If he had a ticket he'd probably be okay, but maybe if he is listed on the reservation they would still sell him a ticket. Maybe you'll have to call about that.
I would have bought tickets for him. I was thinking that if I have the AP & the reservation is in my name why wouldn't they allow him but who knows. He actually told me he would be content with not going to the parks & just hanging out at the resort also.
Not to thrilled at those faces you made at Spam! 😁😅
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I actually cringe when I'm making our orders at work & I have to order that stuff!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom