Take a Chance

graphite1326

I can't stand it. I need to go this year. What does everyone think about late September? Will it be open? If it is, will it be too crowded? I was going to get my airline tickets now and if Disney doesn't work out we can still go to Orlando and do day trips of the area.

What do you think? Take a chance?

MickeyLuv'r

I think, more or less there are already multiple threads on - more or less this same topic. On those threads, posters have mostly already made their opinions well known on how they feel about returning to the parks this year, especially if you read how they feel about masks and other new rules being in place.

My only direct suggestion to you is to suggest you choose options (flights, hotels) that allow cancelation refunds, which is the same advice I've always given to someone thinking about a September visit. September is peak hurricane season, and storms can make getting in and out of the state a hassle, if nothing else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It will almost certainly be open.
It almost certainly won't be overly crowded as long as they hold back some capacity.
I myself was supposed to go late August and bought my plane tickets already.
We've ditched that idea because its also almost certain masks would still be required at that time.
We've decided to go in November or December and POSSIBLY late September IF we still have left over airfare credit.
Flights come out on Thursday for November/December so we'll know then what we are doing.
If we do go in September it would be a very short trip so if masks are still required we can probably handle it a bit easier than the slightly longer trip we initially planned for August.
By November/December we are really hoping masks are no longer required but at least it will be cooler if they are.
Anyways my overall opinion is yes sure take a chance as long as you feel comfortable going.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

All of the above plus.
Change your expectations. remember it's not going to be like trips in the past. restaurants, parades, fireworks will all be either canceled or significantly change.

I would go but I have gone to wdw and just "chilled"

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
All of the above plus.
Change your expectations. remember it's not going to be like trips in the past. restaurants, parades, fireworks will all be either canceled or significantly change.

I would go but I have gone to wdw and just "chilled"
Since I don't care for parades and missing the fireworks I could live with I should be fine. However, it is tradition that we do at least one sit down meal at a nice restaurant.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
So I tried to get reservations at FQ. The standard rooms (cheaper) are not available, only garden view. You think this is because of limited bookings allowed or are the rooms already filled?

Upvote 0

goofy5380

I can't stand it. I need to go this year. What does everyone think about late September? Will it be open? If it is, will it be too crowded? I was going to get my airline tickets now and if Disney doesn't work out we can still go to Orlando and do day trips of the area.

What do you think? Take a chance?
yes take a chance...
I have a trip planned for Sept 8 and planning to go unless cancelled by Disney

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Since I don't care for parades and missing the fireworks I could live with I should be fine. However, it is tradition that we do at least one sit down meal at a nice restaurant.
I've booked a number of ADR's. You should book them now to secure them so then if Disney does still have limited capacity you're in.

So I tried to get reservations at FQ. The standard rooms (cheaper) are not available, only garden view. You think this is because of limited bookings allowed or are the rooms already filled?

Probably a combo of both.
I've been keeping an eye on several dates and have noticed that the more expensive rooms have actually been the first to go oddly enough.
I'm hoping to book tomorrow. I'll let you know what I dend up with.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Quite a number of people whose reservations were cancelled earlier on in March, April, May, then rebooked in the hopes of a followup trip in September and took advantage of Disneys offer of free dining. Hoping that Sept might not be overly buzy and the chancy weather might hold back the tropical storms. So a combo of those increased bookings and Disneys unsureness of working the numbers of how they will manage park crowds in the new situation. .

Upvote 0

MissViv

Yes I would go. I have a trip planned for end of October and I plan on going and hoping they are still having some type of limited attendance. Less people in the park would be better.

At least we have the guinea pigs starting to go in July so we can see how everything goes via youtube.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Original Poster
Yes I would go. I have a trip planned for end of October and I plan on going and hoping they are still having some type of limited attendance. Less people in the park would be better.

At least we have the guinea pigs starting to go in July so we can see how everything goes via youtube.
Disney's system is shut down maybe due to overload. Can't book today.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

I see this as a silver lining. We plan on still going in August. Hoping fireworks and halloween party will still be a thing, if not no biggie. Hey even if i cant park hop, were ok with that. If im restricted to one park a day, i will take that day to look for all the special things the imagineers left us in each park and attraction, get lost in world showcase, enjoy drinks in AK etc. Theres silver linings here.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Now that they have suspended new bookings, canceled all dining and FP's, I am glad that I booked late August and November a couple weeks ago after seeing how far my AP will most likely be extended. Hoping it's like the old Disney. 🥳

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Posted this on another thread, but it applies here. Things ive been thinking about as they make all of these announcements.

You can chastise me now, but ill be there August 9th as long as all goes well.

Here are my intentions and thoughts.

Sure, the parks will not " be the same" but will they ever really be the same? Maybe I have to wear a mask, maybe i wont by then. But ask yourself this. will it change the wonder in a child's eyes the first time they see Pirates, or the first time you bite into that Churro. Do these memories change? No!

Sure there's no fast pass, something our family has hated, as we want to experience as we feel, not as we planned 6 months ago. Lets throw the clipboard of fun into the lagoon! The teary eyes when i drive under the welcome sign wont change.

There's silver linings in it all. Sure the park hours will be less, but if lines are shorter, and there's less guests, does one really need a 14 hour park day to " be on vacation"?

For us i say no. We are multi timers, and are lucky enough to live around 9 to 10 hours from the parks. We drive. We can be there tomorrow if we needed to be. We go about once a year.

For us Meet and Greets aren't something on our radar, neither is the 3 pm parade, but i will gladly point you there and tell you the time if you ask ;) we dodge parades to ride our favorite attractions. Most of the time we try to dodge fireworks to grab an illusive ride on Peter Pans flight as we didn't get up early enough to get a fastpass.

We will relish these memories that this trip presents. Sure it wont be"The same" but for my niece and nephew that have never been, its more than a trip to Disney, Its one on one time with their Aunt and Uncle that moved away 6 years ago, and they never get to see. Its their first dolewhip, its their first Mickey pretzel. Its their first Safari. They are teenagers. Seeing the characters from the bridge and saying thats Mickey Mouse, is good enough for them.
Sure i want them to experience the fireworks, and no one does them better, and maybe by august they will, but if not, its more time to spend with them. Maybe we go to the springs, maybe we have a movie night in our room with our Disney Plus. Maybe we get up early and make a special pre day breakfast ( we have a suite this trip kind of exctited) to get charged for what park we have a reservation that day. Lots of personal magic can be made.

Sure the parks "Wont be the same" but they are different every single day. There will still be magic, some you may have to invent yourself, but, that is what Walt intended all those years ago. Its much more than the attractions, or the meet and greets, its the time spent with family that you will remember for ever and ever.

Upvote 0
My mom, sister and I have reservations to go Oct 26- Nov 2 and I'm really hoping things are mostly back to normal, but who knows? There might be a 2nd wave of Corona shutting everything down again. I still need to renew my annual pass which expires at the end of May, but I need to call and see when exactly it will expire now. I'm really itching to get down to Disney, even though we went in March right before closing!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom