News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Lilofan

I don’t think it should be a custodial workers job to enforce mask wearing. They don’t get paid enough to have to deal with that bs. Security should be on these people. It’s obvious Disney isn’t serious about enforcing the mask rule which doesn’t bode well for the reopening of WDW at all IMO.
It will be challenging. I just hope it doesn't escalate in some incidents like guests vs. guests arguing to put your mask on. I already have been yelled at by a customer when I was standing in line at CVS when I wasn't exactly six feet away. Guests are on edge.

disneygeek90

Memorial Day report at Disney springs: incredibly dead. Not the best of weather (cloudy and rain sprinkles here and there) but it’s obvious that locals and nearby residents are all that’s here. I did grab a beer at the polite pig and am sitting at a table near rainforest enjoying the springs music. Overall mask rule is being followed better than what I saw on Wednesday (maybe because it’s not as hot).

Last edited:
Remember the Orlando shooter's initial target was Disney Springs but he saw too many security so he went elsewhere.

Wasn't it reported that Disney's facial recognition system noted the shooter's scoping-out of the venue and they reported him to the FBI even before the shooting?

I wonder what the whole required-mask thing is doing to their security plan. I would imagine it is posing lots of challenges they would prefer not to have.

TrainsOfDisney

Wasn't it reported that Disney's facial recognition system noted the shooter's scoping-out of the venue and they reported him to the FBI even before the shooting?

I wonder what the whole required-mask thing is doing to their security plan. I would imagine it is posing lots of challenges they would prefer not to have.

It’s interesting how many companies are having to do a complete 180. Going from no masks strictly enforced to wearing masks strictly enforced is quite the change.

But that’s why they get paid the big money.. to figure out how to make it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom