Best Hollywood Studios Attraction added to the park

What is the Best Hollywood Studios Attraction that has been just added to the park.

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 52 17.5%
  • Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 210 70.7%

• Total voters

ryguy

Well it would be great to try these rides but every time I have been there we couldn't get on. You can throw in any of the newer rides throughout the parks as well. Can't get fastpasses and the lines are hours long. I live in Florida so I really don't give a hoot, but I feel bad for those who travel a long way and can't experience the rides they came down to experience.

Markiewong

Good to know they know this is an issue. DHS rides are incredibly top heavy. No debate E-tickets in RotR and ToT. Debatable E/D tickets in ST, SWSR, SDD, TSMM, MMRR, and RnRC. The only thing that no one would consider a big ride is Alien.
Universal has the same problem, where studios is mostly big attractions except the kids area. Which is kind off ironic looking at this park...

Kate F

Alien Swirling Saucers is the exact type of ride HS needs right now... the biggest issue is they only added 1 of these types of rides. Imagine a world in which they added alien swirling Saucers. As well as...
View attachment 469926
and a toy themed skin of:
View attachment 469924
View attachment 469925
I don’t disagree with adding more simple flat rides, but I also know that a lot of people would complain about an expansion that consisted of off-the-shelf rides like that. A lot of people already give Saucers flak for being a basic carnival ride with little Disney spark.

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t disagree with adding more simple flat rides, but I also know that a lot of people would complain about an expansion that consisted of off-the-shelf rides like that. A lot of people already give Saucers flak for being a basic carnival ride with little Disney spark.
Besides Dumbo and Teacups, I’m struggling to think of any Disney flat rides that have had a generally good fan reception. Definitely a “be careful what you wish for” situation.

surfsupdon

Rise of the Resistance was a great ride; one of the best experiences! I still prefer Tower of Terror tho. It could have been with how annoying and stressful it was to get a boarding group....that part of the experience definitely hindered the overall enjoyment. Even after riding Rise, I had 4 days left....and I never went back for a boarding group. But I did return to HS and ride the Tower a few more times.

Haven’t been on MMRR yet.

Purduevian

I don't want an expansion with 100% flat rides, I'm saying toy story should have put in Slinky dog along with like 3-4 other smaller rides to round it out. Aliens is great at this, but is shouldering too much burden because others weren't put in. To me part of the reason people love MK so much is the balance of smaller rides/shows in each land that help balance things out such as Aladdin and Tiki room in AL, Tom Sawyer and Country bear in Frontierland, carousel, tea cups, dumbo, barnstormer in Fantasyland, TTA, Astro orbitors, and COP in TL.

Besides Dumbo and Teacups, I’m struggling to think of any Disney flat rides that have had a generally good fan reception. Definitely a “be careful what you wish for” situation.

They don't all need to be flat rides, just smaller rides/ attractions. Casey Jr. Train, TTA, Luigi's and Story Book canals are great examples of cheaper rides.

Disney Crazed

Can't really say anything about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Haven't road it yet. Galaxy Edge is stunning but for me and the type of rides I like I love Toy Story Land. The Slinky Dog Dash is so great and there are lots of chances to meet Toy Story characters.

djkidkaz

To me part of the reason people love MK so much is the balance of smaller rides/shows in each land that help balance things out such as Aladdin and Tiki room in AL, Tom Sawyer and Country bear in Frontierland, carousel, tea cups, dumbo, barnstormer in Fantasyland, TTA, Astro orbitors, and COP in TL.

That is definitely a big part of it, it is the mixture of attractions. Hollywood Studios is pretty close to being a second MK but it needs a few more family attractions. The park has some good shows, plenty of great E-tickets, a handful of unique and fun places to eat, lots of popular characters to meet and even two nighttime spectaculars with one being fireworks and the other a show in Fantasmic. It truly just needs more family rides. There are 0 attractions down Sunset that a child can do, no rides in Animation Courtyard, so the first thing you have is MMRR, then Alien and TSMM. Other than that, it starts to get a little more questionable with rides like Millennium and Star Tours depending on the childs age. I think they should demo the parking garage next to TSL and you could make a small Bugs Life area back there with flat rides. It would flow great thematically as we are already in Andys backyard so just continue with the backyard theme and add the bugs.

RSoxNo1

If they close Dinoland in AK, they could move Triceratops spin to Toy Story Land, give it a more blue-ish coat of paint so it resembles the character and re-name it "Trixieceratops Spin"....
I'm absolutely on board with this. The best bet location wise would be to the left of the new restaurant. You'd have to move a backstage road but that's not a huge deal.

jaxonp

Rise scale, length, initial wow factor is unmatched and that part isn't close. Some other attractions have better pacing and level of thrill that this could have used. The actually trackless portion is the weakest part for me. So many good things happening but other parts not so good. This is Star Wars... give me a bit more thrill!

MMRR was a complete hit and that is probably helped by the lack of hype it had.

rreading

Alien Swirling Saucers is the exact type of ride HS needs right now

I enjoy the Alien's cousin in Radiator Springs, and since it's a tractor the ride being rough makes enough sense that I never noticed. If the Swirling Saucers could glide like alien saucers, it would be more fun, but spacecraft shouldn't ride rough like tractors. Maybe larger wheels would have given them a smoother glide but not only is is lame, but it's also poorly engineered

Bocabear

They already have several smaller rides that have been used in the other TSL sections around the world... They could bring in the paratrooper ride and the Hot Wheels half-pipe ride, but I don't think in the long run these are quality experiences...
They really need to lay off the Toy Story IP and do a complete Toontown beginning with the Animation courtyard... Put in the Roger Rabbit ride from Disneyland (which is amazing) and build it out with a few smaller rides. The source material is a lot more interesting than Toy Story, and the theme better fits Hollywood Studios.... Plus now they need to have another big hitter ride on the other side of the park from the Baatu

denyuntilcaught

They really need to lay off the Toy Story IP and do a complete Toontown beginning with the Animation courtyard... Put in the Roger Rabbit ride from Disneyland (which is amazing) and build it out with a few smaller rides. The source material is a lot more interesting than Toy Story, and the theme better fits Hollywood Studios.... Plus now they need to have another big hitter ride on the other side of the park from the Baatu
Agreed. Toy Story is honestly their most over-used and forced IP across the entire Parks division, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom