Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My opinion, ESPN would make the move first if they decided to go that route. I still think it doesn't make sense. Beyond having the Rate R content in the same platform (And Hulu does a bad enough job separating them), and the fact that I don't really see the need to do so, my guess is there are enough people who only have one or the other. nd they dont want to risk moving people on. Disney+ is doing so well, I don't think it makes a ton of sense to redesign and incorporate all new sections for a while.
Its just my personal prediction on where I see Disney Streaming division going long term. And so far what I've predicted has come true. I do see the other side of the coin and do see it making some sense to keep them separate based on the discussions here. However given all the moves Disney has made with Hulu since acquiring controlling stake in it. I just see it no longer being a separate service long term. Once Disney finally gets 100% ownership of Hulu when it buys the remaining shares from Comcast in 2024 (or earlier). I just see there being a merging of the streaming services. We'll see what happens.

Again this is just my personal prediction, it may never come true. And again I see the other side of this where people argue against it. But one thing is clear Disney is blurring the lines more and more between brands.

sedati

What about the original cut of Rogue One?
This was well worth watching or at least listening to:

Seems most of the changes revolved around one issue. Originally the data tape library was in one building and the transmission dish in another. That explained all the cut trailer scenes with Krennic and Jyn on the beach. It was too much busywork and they simplified it by putting everything in one tower. The awesome Tie showdown with Jyn has been confirmed as an effects test never meant to be in the film. I'd still love to see all those scenes, however, and am disappointed in how little deleted material has been released for all the new films (none at all with IX.)

Tony Perkis

"We will eventually release some cut of the movie in some form. Sign up now!"

It was a very click-bait announcement from WB.
Definitely.

I don’t think the Snyder cut Justice League much, if at all. It’s not like Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice are beloved films, let alone even slightly regarded.

Animaniac93-98

Definitely.

I don’t think the Snyder cut Justice League much, if at all. It’s not like Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice are beloved films, let alone even slightly regarded.

It sounds like the true Snyder Cut will never exist because the rewriting/retooling began even before Josh Whedon was brought on. The originally planned Justice League parts 1 and 2 were never filmed.

It's yet another executive attempt to fix what Justice League material was made and it will likely be a net gain of zero in the end IMO. Neither better or worse than what we got back in 2017. Trying to recut a movie as a miniseries also sounds like a bad idea for several reasons.

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

It sounds like the true Snyder Cut will never exist because the rewriting/retooling began even before Josh Whedon was brought on. The originally planned Justice League parts 1 and 2 were never filmed.

It's yet another executive attempt to fix what Justice League material was made and it will likely be a net gain of zero in the end IMO. Neither better or worse than what we got back in 2017.
I think we can still call it the "Snyder Cut" even if a significant amount of additional money will be spent completing it, as long as it's based on his original story, script, and storyboards.

That's not necessarily a good thing. The more control Zack Snyder from a story point-of-view, the worse his movies tend to be. I don't think people give Sucker Punch enough credit for being one of the more unwatchable films ever made.

Last edited:

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
The Sherman Brothers documentary from 2009 is now available on Disney+!
Watched this last evening and it was extremely good. I had no idea that their relationship was pretty non existent other than the working relationship they had. It is definitely worth watching.

Captain Barbossa

Welp, it looks like they either forgot or decided not to release Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair onto Disney+ on Friday. Maybe it got swapped out with Zenimation?

Hopefully it does end up on there at some point.
Yep, was trying to find it on D+ but wasn't having any luck. Hope they still plan on putting it on there. Was really looking forward to it.

matt78

If other sources surface this will be great news.

It amazes me that this hasn't happened yet. The toy line for it would be crazy since you could make toys for virtually any Disney property and make it fit. Add in Final Fantasy along with some of Square Enix's other properties and you are looking at a potential goldmine if marketed properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom