News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Giss Neric

It looks like they also went to Universal to grill.

EYlqdWwXgAcKE0j.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is there an updated list of restaurants and shops opening in the coming week? I looked through the Springs articles but can't find it.

Pizza Ponte, Morimoto Asia and Morimoto Asia Street Food open today. Vivoli il Gelato was supposed to open today, but it has been delayed.

World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op open on the 27th.

disneygeek90

I went to City Walk on Tuesday and Springs on Wednesday. City Walk was definitely more empty which is expected due to being smaller but I felt City Walk had a better vibe overall. Drummers at the top when you walk in, as well as two team members up at the top near the outdoor seating of Moe's welcoming guests back and going over rules.

It was nice to be there even if it's a bit weird.

Kman101

If a people are on private property and the owner mandates that they wear a mask, then they either wear said mask, or they leave immediately. That is the reality of it.

If the property owner does not mandate wearing masks, then people are free to do what they wish.

I really don't think that Disney want any press about an outbreak at their resort. That type of news goes directly against the brand. As such, I think Disney will require all guests to wear masks everywhere except inside resort rooms. I also think that they will take it very seriously through the summer. I expect guests to rat on each other all the time (videos as well as altercations).

Bingo!

What part of "Disney is private property and REQUIRES MASKS" is too hard for some to understand? LOL

I'm using your post as a jumping off point ...

They did indeed turn folks away for refusing to wear a mask. Once someone is walking around there's only so much a castmember can do and they can't be everywhere (I mean, they were a little busy corralling the family who decided to roast hot dogs on an open flame on a plastic table). I also think they had a lack of staffing later in the evening ... but I wasn't there so I can't speak to that for sure.

Whether anyone of us thinks masks work or do not work doesn't matter. They require them. Period. If you want to be there, comply with the rules. And for me, the temp screenings are simply so they can enforce the mask rule.

Funny how Universal guests are all "ok no problem I'll wear a mask" but Disney guests are "magic ruined I won't wear a mask!!!" ... lol. It's not about us. It's about those around us. I have a lot of feelings on masks but I will say those of you who don't wear one where it's required are selfish and entitled. Pure and simple. This isn't "forever" (*crossing my fingers*). Just wear the mask ya'll.

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

After watching the walk through video @wdwmagic posted I have to say I'm pretty shocked just about everyone was wearing a mask. While social distancing was spotty I don't feel it was unacceptable.

My only concern was the lack of hand sanitizer locations, I just didn't feel there were enough compared to say my local supermarket where there is one it seems every 20 feet and one always in vision.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Question, has the crowds pretty much stayed the same since the opening or have they already thinned somewhat since day one?

Rider

I went to both CityWalk and Disney Springs today. Overall CityWalk was a lot less crowded and the guests all seemed to be following the rules. I could count on one hand the number of guests I saw holding a drink while walking around without a mask. Most guests ate and drank at tables or chairs. A much more common sight was guests finding an out of the way spot to sit and take it off for a break... with or without food.

In contrast Disney Springs was much busier and you couldn't go a couple minutes without guests not wearing masks. Many were nursing drinks (to various levels of believability) but there were also a number of guests who had no masks at all just walking around. And of the few times I saw cast members (there were very few walking around) they didn't say anything to guests with no mask.

Finally I saw Josh D'Amaro walking around too. He seemed nice and would stop for guests who recognized him and wanted to talk. However, I also saw him walk past and ignore guests who were not wearing masks on multiple occasions. It's easy to see why the cast don't want to enforce the rules if their leadership doesn't wan't to do it either.

Last edited:

phillip9698

I went to both CityWalk and Disney Springs today. Overall CityWalk was a lot less crowded and the guests all seemed to be following the rules. I could count on one hand the number of guests I saw holding a drink while walking around without a mask. Most guests ate and drank at tables or chairs. A much more common sight was guests finding an out of the way spot to sit and take it off for a break... with or without food.

In contrast Disney Springs was much busier and you couldn't go a couple minutes without guests not wearing masks. Many were nursing drinks (to various levels of believability) but there were also a number of guests who had no masks at all just walking around. And of the few times I saw cast members (there were very few walking around) they didn't say anything to guests with no mask.

Finally I saw Josh D'Amaro walking around too. He seemed nice and would stop for guests who recognized him and wanted to talk. However, I also saw him walk past and ignore guests who were not wearing masks on multiple occasions. It's easy to see why the cast don't want to enforce the rules if their leadership doesn't wan't to do it either.

There really isnt anything you can do here in America other than lay out the guidelines and hope people respond. There are going to be so many people not wearing masks that you couldnt possibly enforce the requirement. The amount of people that would respond with hostility would require a massive police force to drag people out of there, and you would need police because asking CMs to deal with that is just asking for legal trouble. Then are you going to ban all these people from the parks for the duration of their stay? But before we even get to that point, when guests start carrying around water bottles in 90 degree florida weather, how do you determine who is using the water bottle as a crutch to skirt wearing the mask and who legit needs it?

BaconPancakes

I don’t think it should be a custodial workers job to enforce mask wearing. They don’t get paid enough to have to deal with that bs. Security should be on these people. It’s obvious Disney isn’t serious about enforcing the mask rule which doesn’t bode well for the reopening of WDW at all IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom