News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

No Name

How does a ride about a magical music box that brings inanimate objects to life fit in DAK?

Because it has a similar muted color scheme! And it fits under the vague catchword banner of adventure and exploration. And do you not see it stars a monkey, which is an animal? Now, if only it had faux weathering, then it would be a perfect thematic fit! Almost as fitting as Indiana Jones! 😉

That's most guests, but it's still an off-stage moment.

That’s a poor point of view in my opinion. From the second you step onto WDW property everything is on stage.

Rich Brownn

Going by a Google search, it seems the phrase "gravity building" was coined for RnRC.

And as you point out, RnRC has a launch into a separate building in which any forward motion is a result of gravity (and momentum). Thus, a "gravity building".

The Guardians coaster (if it ever is completed) has a similar set-up, and so its giant blue box is also called a gravity building.

I would consider it a misnomer to call the building in which a lift or launcher is including with the rest of the coaster a "gravity building." But in light of most people's unawareness of the etymology of "gravity building," it's understandable they would abstract it to mean any building which encloses a coaster.
Weird, since RnRC was hardly the first to launch into another building (I think Flight of Fear was)

EricsBiscuit

How about Animal Kingdom gets its own unique dark ride, and Hong Kong retains its one truly great attraction as an exclusive?
Dont forget Grizzly Gulch.
It isn’t. That’s why it stood in isolation for 45 years. The new development will spoil the forced perspective and make the actual size more obvious.

The gravity building roof is only 145 ft above ground level.
TL Power & Light ruined SM’s forced perspective a long time ago.

Giss Neric

Does anyone else wish they had put Tron in Epcot and Guardians in Tomorrowland? It just seems like a better fit that way.
Marvel in Magic Kingdom? not really. Tron's gravity building is already ruining sight lines. If they put that giant gravity building of Cosmic Rewind at Magic Kingdom, it will definitely be seen everywhere in the park.

Imagineer45

Does anyone else wish they had put Tron in Epcot and Guardians in Tomorrowland? It just seems like a better fit that way.

I actually really like Tron in Tomorrowland. Guardians in Tomorrowland would have reminded me of Buzz in Tomorrowland, not an ideal fit. I am also on board with their proposed World Celebration, Discovery, and Nature split of Future World, and I do think Guardians seem to fit in Discovery.

rreading

Guardians in DHS and a Tron thrill dark ride in Tomorrowland. Something not nearly as obtrusive nor short sighted.

But the damage is done.

Tron into Future World still would have been too much of a stretch for you? Clearly it's been mentioned but a VR/grid aspect to Epcot with the Tron ride anchoring could have preferable to GoTG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tron into Future World still would have been too much of a stretch for you? Clearly it's been mentioned but a VR/grid aspect to Epcot with the Tron ride anchoring could have preferable to GoTG
As a new build? I could’ve gone with that for what it’s worth. But I’d have preferred an inventive dark ride as opposed to the cloned coaster.
But that’s just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom