Disney stock...

Joeamc

I bought a bunch of disney stock, unfortunately I bought it before CV hit . Now, I'm am buying more. Its gonna bounce back. It's a waiting game . Once the parks open , and people need a break from self imprisonment, that's where I'm gonna go !! See ya there
I think that if we get a park to open the stock will bounce. I am watching for news on Shanghai Disneyland for I think that will be the first to open back up.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So you're about $50 per share in the hole... ouch.

My buy signal was $100 per share, but it dropped thru that like a hot rock thru ice, so I'm now looking at $75 per share...

Pepper's Ghost

My buy signal was $100 per share, but it dropped thru that like a hot rock thru ice, so I'm now looking at $75 per share...

Yeah, I don't think the markets haven't found bottom yet. The economic and financial impact of this thing haven't been fully felt yet. It will get worse before it gets better IMO. Not a bad time to buy stock right now if you can, but I'm guessing as things progress the price will drop further as you've suggested. It's probably near bottom though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah, I don't think the markets haven't found bottom yet. The economic and financial impact of this thing haven't been fully felt yet. It will get worse before it gets better IMO. Not a bad time to buy stock right now if you can, but I'm guessing as things progress the price will drop further as you've suggested. It's probably near bottom though.
I bought 100 shares back when it was in the $30 range, and failed to by 1000 shares when it hit $15. So I can't bring myself to pay much more than $60 (which is where I sold it over philosophical differences).

Pepper's Ghost

I bought 100 shares back when it was in the $30 range, and failed to by 1000 shares when it hit $15. So I can't bring myself to pay much more than $60 (which is where I sold it over philosophical differences).

I wish I had your wisdom! I'm gonna watch what it plummets to and then evaluate. ;)

Darth Figment

Original Poster
I am by no means an Edward Jones , or any type of stock experience. But, I've always heard buy low , sell high. I'm taking a big risk, but I BELIVE the market will always bounce back . I am willing to risk it. Fingers crossed , big money , big money, no Whammys!!!!!.. 😁

Pepper's Ghost

I congratulate you on your success in the past, but I do not see the Disney stock price getting down to even $60.00 a share
unless there is a stock split in the future.

I think you quoted the wrong person. I didn't claim any past success with Disney stock. In fact I've never owned Disney stock. I think you meant to quote @larryz. In a previous post I even said that I thought it might be near bottom for this crisis. From my previous post...

...It's probably near bottom though.

The Colonel

On March 16 I had a hunch the market bottomed out and I bought Disney, and a few airline and cruiseline stocks. My Covid portfolio is up 110%+ in total Disney +68%, Norwegian +167% United Air +99% Carnival +104% Avis +204% Royal Carib +88%

maybe the only time I've ever timed the market correctly

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
All you Disney stock buyers had a big jump yesterday. Too bad the employees had to be laid off though.
You seriously wrote this? You do understand that the stock price has absolutely zero to do with the company making money to pay the CMs?

OG Runner

I think you would be hard pressed to find a stock that did not go up yesterday. Though I did hear that Peleton stock did go down. Go figure.

The Colonel

I think you would be hard pressed to find a stock that did not go up yesterday. Though I did hear that Peleton stock did go down. Go figure.
with a vaccine people won't be stuck in their swanky singles apartments working on their bodies like spinning imbeciles while staring at the guy/gal across the way-

Darth Figment

Original Poster
Don't hate , we took a chance bought some stock and its gonna take off sooner or later . Disney and lots of other companies laid people off . But there is a chance disney will hire them back

zeedan

You seriously wrote this? You do understand that the stock price has absolutely zero to do with the company making money to pay the CMs?
Oh I know. I was just comparing good news with not-so-good news. I didn't mean to imply that the stock went up because they laid off employees.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Does anyone know why Disney stock is up today? Is it just a reaction to the Moderna vaccine news?
Yep its the vaccine, investors hope this will lead to a quicker turnaround in the economy and consumer spending on things like Disney vacations. A lot of the market was up today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom