The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

80's , the best decade ever!!! 90's sucked, especially when grunge took over.
I recall the crazy 80s barely. It was a totally bodacious time and girls I hung out with were all fly. The grunge scene in the 90s was terrible. The music, the fans trying to mimic the lifestyle with unkempt smelly hair and bodies, unshaven and ripped up clothing bordering on disgusting.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yep! That is my My Mom. I have to set aside my frustrations with her being so reckless and just hope for the best.
Just a thought here, and I don't in anyway think that this is the case with your Mom, but sometimes we get to a point when we no longer have a purpose or anything important to identify with and what appears reckless really is expressing that we no longer care. Life is a lot of pain, loneliness and everything requires so much energy to do, that we just say to hell with it. What happens, happens! We are not suicidal, but we don't really care if we are alive or not. It probably isn't the wisest way to think, but it does enter the old brain box.

21stamps

Tallulah Gorge was INCREDIBLE!!!

thanks to @epcotisbest for the recommendation!! I have no idea how I’m going to choose my favorite photos. I took way too many today.

Stopped at a restaurant in a different town on the way back. Dined IN.
They took our temperatures before entering, plastic ware, paper plates, sanitizer on the table (we had brought our own anyway, but good to see), also, each table had a brown paper covering, all staff was wearing masks ( I only saw 2 staff members)

The food was DELICIOUS and the restaurant was ADORABLE, only annoying thing was that fries were a la carte in addition to a $13 hamburger, but, T said they were the best sweet potato fries that he’s ever had, I tried 1 ( meaning 4), and I agree. He said the burger was delicious too, qs was my food.
Oh, how I’ve missed eating inside a restaurant.
Here’s a few pics..

AE136DFE-868E-45DE-808E-2B0E3F04E3AF.jpegF541E904-F105-4399-8F37-08D0734477C3.jpeg

Sanitizer at our table..
E07D97BB-D7A9-4321-9E77-ACA90EE0556F.jpeg

Mozzarella sticks and fried green tomatoes..
A7D414AA-2CFD-4DD4-99AE-1571E7F7C954.jpegB09C17F7-1D65-4672-9FB4-F00C4669B410.jpeg

My portobello burger,
BF04AC97-A1E9-4DF4-AA17-E9B713D12A33.jpeg

T’s hamburger..
E851EADC-39D1-4254-9B16-C6BD915F5272.jpeg

Loved the decor!

0660B8B6-0C04-495C-97EF-0877AC59596E.jpeg

F474D76F-2082-4D69-94B5-2AA25A72B081.jpeg
Unsurprisingly, T didn’t finish his massive hamburger. Lol
D3BEABBA-C0F1-43A4-9578-5BF1DCF8FD74.jpeg

21stamps

I don’t think I’ve posted any hiking pics,. I will when I get home tomorrow night, this place is too beautiful not to!! I just have too many photos to sift thru.

Plan is to do one last hike early morning, go into Helen for an outdoor seating breakfast if any are open at that time.. then head home.

This quick getaway has been such a breath of fresh air. I can’t even put it into words. I don’t want to go back.

epcotisbest

Tallulah Gorge was INCREDIBLE!!!

thanks to @epcotisbest for the recommendation!! I have no idea how I’m going to choose my favorite photos. I took way too many today.

Stopped at a restaurant in a different town on the way back. Dined IN.
They took our temperatures before entering, plastic ware, paper plates, sanitizer on the table (we had brought our own anyway, but good to see), also, each table had a brown paper covering, all staff was wearing masks ( I only saw 2 staff members)

The food was DELICIOUS and the restaurant was ADORABLE, only annoying thing was that fries were a la carte in addition to a $13 hamburger, but, T said they were the best sweet potato fries that he’s ever had, I tried 1 ( meaning 4), and I agree. He said the burger was delicious too, qs was my food.
Oh, how I’ve missed eating inside a restaurant.
Here’s a few pics..

View attachment 470126View attachment 470127

Sanitizer at our table..
View attachment 470121

Mozzarella sticks and fried green tomatoes..
View attachment 470120View attachment 470119

My portobello burger,
View attachment 470124

T’s hamburger..
View attachment 470125

Loved the decor!

View attachment 470123

View attachment 470122
Unsurprisingly, T didn’t finish his massive hamburger. Lol
View attachment 470128

The Attic is in Clarkesville, about 10 miles from our house. Pretty tasty place.

epcotisbest

I don’t think I’ve posted any hiking pics,. I will when I get home tomorrow night, this place is too beautiful not to!! I just have too many photos to sift thru.

Plan is to do one last hike early morning, go into Helen for an outdoor seating breakfast if any are open at that time.. then head home.

This quick getaway has been such a breath of fresh air. I can’t even put it into words. I don’t want to go back.

I recommend Cimmi's Courtyard for breakfast. It is just up the road from the parking lot at Betty's. But, they used to only be open on weekends in the off season. If they are not open, Hofer's across the road if it has reopened. You might just have to get breakfast at Betty's, I don't know. If so, they have pretty good biscuits.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Nice!

Trying to research phones for B. He keeps saying that he wants a phone more like mine (I have a Samsung Galaxy). But he's had iPod touches for years, so I think he might do better with an iPhone. But then again, the lack of a headphone jack might be annoying for him. I keep going back and forth.

Poor kid's iPod only lasts 20 minutes before running out of battery, though.

I considered the iphone SE because it was more what I'm used to with the home button, and it had a faster processor, but ultimately I wanted to try moving forward with one of the newer iphones without the bezels. Couldn't stomach the price on the iPhone 11, and above.

So... have you considered getting him wireless headphones so he doesn't have to deal with the cord at all?

donaldtoo

Day 2 of back at the firm fun...
The first dozen (again, the other 11 employees return next Monday) of us back are gettin’ used to the “new normal”...masks, distancing, wiping things down, just not touching things if we don’t have to (i.e. I can send to the plotter without ever touching anything but my copy - copies - that it spits out, the main office door is stopped open all day, etc.).
Plenty of work to do and projects still piling up, and productivity is improving. Just a career where personal collaboration is essential to best productivity.
New tech is also being researched for obvious reasons.
If there’s a resurgence, and unfortunately, and sadly, I’m betting there will, we’ll be better prepared to drag all our stuff back home, yet again.
On another bright note, my dear DWifey started a new job at a title company today. Higher pay than her last gig at the engineering firm by a good bit, and she said they were very welcoming and she had a great first day. They are Covid practicing like we are at our firm.
Again, this **** ain’t over by a long shot, but, another pretty good day...!!! :)

StarWarsGirl

So... have you considered getting him wireless headphones so he doesn't have deal with the cord at all?
He's got autism. He's very picky about certain things, and his earbuds are one of them. I tried to let him use my wireless ones to try them out. That took all of five seconds. He was like, nope.

I let him play with my Galaxy a while back, and he said he likes my phone better, but I can't get out of him precisely what about it he likes better.

And then there's the price issue. We have to pay out of pocket for our devices because we're on prepaid. My company has a relationship with Samsung, so I get a discount on their products. I got a really good price on my phone, and then I get cases from my company cheap (the case I currently have on it is an OtterBox...I paid $5 for it). But I can't find my phone for what I paid for it at the moment, and the Galaxy series ones are more than we'd be looking to pay. Their more budget-friendly phones (along the lines of the SE) aren't water resistant, which worries me a bit with him. I'd put a good OtterBox case from work on it, but still. But then they're more within what we'd be willing to pay than the iPhone SE.

My other thought has been looking into older model unlocked iPhones. No luck there so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom