Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Welp he likely does. You can defend her and pretend she didn’t intentionally lie to him. But its on video. She lied right to his face. Turned around and did the opposite. BTW Weinstein was popular in HWood to. Think about it
I think Kennedy was being used as a tactic by both Iger and Lucas in 2012...

The end result is neither seem to be really in sync with her other at all...not ever where.

ppete1975

I am not defending her, as I personally do not like the job she has done and think Dave Filoni should take over Lucasfilm. I am simply analyzing the situation given the known facts. I am not sure how Weinstein is relevant at all...
i dont think he wants the job.. but that's my opinion. I think he likes his spot. He can do whatever he wants and basically be an 8 year old star wars fan with the money to make it happen (a compliment not an insult) if he had her job there is a lot more stress, pressure, and scrutiny.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i dont think he wants the job.. but that's my opinion. I think he likes his spot. He can do whatever he wants and basically be an 8 year old star wars fan with the money to make it happen (a compliment not an insult) if he had her job there is a lot more stress, pressure, and scrutiny.
I think he would want the job...I don’t think Disney believes he has the chops for that kinda job. Maybe Favreau?

And filoni is too loyal to Lucas...he’s his biggest fan...which would be a problem for Disney.

Imagineer45

I think he would want the job...I don’t think Disney believes he has the chops for that kinda job. Maybe Favreau?

And filoni is too loyal to Lucas...he’s his biggest fan...which would be a problem for Disney.

I know Favreau's name gets tossed around a lot, but would he even want the job? He seems to like jumping around, directing a random assortment of projects ranging from Chef to Iron Man to Jungle Book. Obviously, he is at the helm of the Mandalorian and seemingly liking the role, but taking KK's job would basically require a full-time commitment to Lucasfilm, and I am not sure if he wants that for the long haul. Filoni loves Lucasfilm and does not seem to have an interest in leaving, so he would definitely be okay with the long commitment. He is personally a huge Star Wars fan and really understands the fanbase. The Clone Wars was his brainchild and very well received by fans, especially impressive given he had to work with Cartoon Network, then Netflix, before concluding on D+. He is also very involved with the Mandalorian, which is obviously seeing much success. The only drawback I see is that he comes from animation and Lucasfilm's biggest projects are live-action, although he does have extensive writing experience and is gaining live action credibility through the Mandalorian.

Mouse Trap

Is five a lot?...there are dozens with each avenger every time a movie comes close to release...

Have a hard time finding Feige?
How about Favreau?
Dave filoni?

We’re not gonna change each other’s mind...trench warfare. Good day.

Five is certainly a lot for an entertainment executive who 90% of moviegoers have no idea exists and frankly don’t care about.

Comparing to Favreau or Filoni makes no sense as they are actors/writers/producers/directors and not leaders of a business unit. Regardless Filoni has probably as many interviews as KK.
Feige does more interviews because he has triple the pressers required to do because of the volume of films on Marvels slate.

Again, why in the world anyone thinks media availability is indicative of job security is beyond me and a desperate grasp to prove a point.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Lol yeah he’s there because Iger insisted. He doesn’t love the woman who destroyed his vision. Just stop. You see him at the TROS premier? No. Why? He was involved with TROS. JJ showed the execs the rough footage... completely different film than the sewage we got. Execs (Horn pushes by Kennedy) took the movie away from JJ. Again too deep in lore for these ignorant fools. George was ****ed. And from what Pablo tweeted the Reylos would have been more angry. Which suits me just fine. Kennedy has to go. Iger needs to Louis B Mayer up and fire her. Or push her out.

I don't understand why any Star Wars fan would be defending JJ Abrams. He's the reason the sequel trilogy wasn't any good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Five is certainly a lot for an entertainment executive who 90% of moviegoers have no idea exists and frankly don’t care about.

Comparing to Favreau or Filoni makes no sense as they are actors/writers/producers/directors and not leaders of a business unit.

Feige does more interviews because he has triple the pressers to do because of the volume of films.
They’re producers and show runners now...so comparing them to an executive is more apropos than an actor:

Anyway...we aren’t going to agree...no need to waste the time in vain

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know Favreau's name gets tossed around a lot, but would he even want the job? He seems to like jumping around, directing a random assortment of projects ranging from Chef to Iron Man to Jungle Book. Obviously, he is at the helm of the Mandalorian and seemingly liking the role, but taking KK's job would basically require a full-time commitment to Lucasfilm, and I am not sure if he wants that for the long haul. Filoni loves Lucasfilm and does not seem to have an interest in leaving, so he would definitely be okay with the long commitment. He is personally a huge Star Wars fan and really understands the fanbase. The Clone Wars was his brainchild and very well received by fans, especially impressive given he had to work with Cartoon Network, then Netflix, before concluding on D+. He is also very involved with the Mandalorian, which is obviously seeing much success. The only drawback I see is that he comes from animation and Lucasfilm's biggest projects are live-action, although he does have extensive writing experience and is gaining live action credibility through the Mandalorian.
That’s a good point...and I can’t disagree

There has been a theory for along time that people in Hollywood don’t want Star Wars...

It was a minefield for Lucas 20 years ago and it’s probably worst for Disney now.

It’s thankless on so many levels...but bad material wrote that script...not vise versa

Mouse Trap

They’re producers and show runners now...so comparing them to an executive is more apropos than an actor:

Anyway...we aren’t going to agree...no need to waste the time in vain

Again, why in the world anyone thinks media availability is indicative of job security is beyond me and a desperate grasp to prove a point.

Alan Horn should’ve been fired ten times over if there was any sort of logic to this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ooohhh what pages? Are they available without buying it?
He talked about the contentious Lucas buy and how there was a lot of turmoil....

It was publicized...George wanted full creative controls without the business entanglements...

Disney knew that too from what their lawyers have said.

So what was Kennedy then? The theory is a figurehead for Lucas to maintain his control...who then perhaps went into igers side to consolidate her position and lock Lucas out.

Seems fairly clear to me.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Alan Horn should’ve been fired ten times over if there was any sort of logic to this.
I think you’re underestimating the drop Star Wars has endured rather quickly for Disney...instead of constant bank...large parts of it are shelved.

But again...you’ve predetermined what you think and that’s ok. I’ve watched what happened 2015-19 and made my judgements as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You don’t like Alan horn

You seem to like Kathy Kennedy...who has a Star Wars flop on the resume, an awful declining revenue series that was a reboot and didn’t qualify as a continuation of the story at all, and now no movies anywhere close to being made...

I got it...let’s move on

doctornick

I know Favreau's name gets tossed around a lot, but would he even want the job? He seems to like jumping around, directing a random assortment of projects ranging from Chef to Iron Man to Jungle Book. Obviously, he is at the helm of the Mandalorian and seemingly liking the role, but taking KK's job would basically require a full-time commitment to Lucasfilm, and I am not sure if he wants that for the long haul.

I'm not sure I understand the Favreau suggestions either. I would think a studio head would have a background more of a producer. Favreau has moreso been an actor and director (his only non executive producer credits are for movies he has directed). The role of being a studio head is quite different from being a director. Not saying that one cannot be good at both, but it's a different kind of role.

Also, I agree that is there any evidence that Favreau would even be interested?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand the Favreau suggestions either. I would think a studio head would have a background more of a producer. Favreau has moreso been an actor and director (his only non executive producer credits are for movies he has directed). The role of being a studio head is quite different from being a director. Not saying that one cannot be good at both, but it's a different kind of role.

Also, I agree that is there any evidence that Favreau would even be interested?
Favreau wa a B actor that has become a pretty big director and producer...I don’t think he would be “unqualified”...

But they’d probably look with someone in more of a money/administrative history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom