Port Orleans: French Quarter or Riverside?

CaptainessJack

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello everyone. I’m looking to book a stay at Port Orleans for my 10 year anniversary with my fiancé this September. We are getting married next year, and our theme is Princess and the Frog. I would like to do some engagement photo shoots at Port Orleans. What does everyone suggest to pay the perfect homage to our theme?

Last edited:

belledream

This is one of the cutest things I've ever heard... I'd also say go for both! There's just a short walk in between them, and some pictures along the way by the river are basically required. Maybe consider multiple sets of outfits for different settings? Riverside: casual, French Quarter: fun, Both: fancy by the mansions (R) and fountains (FQ).

cat hem

I've enjoyed staying at both, but for an anniversary I'd give the nod to Riverside. The mansions are romantic as well as the grounds. Love the Princess and Frog!!!!

CaptainessJack

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is one of the cutest things I've ever heard... I'd also say go for both! There's just a short walk in between them, and some pictures along the way by the river are basically required. Maybe consider multiple sets of outfits for different settings? Riverside: casual, French Quarter: fun, Both: fancy by the mansions (R) and fountains (FQ).

Awesome! Thank you. We were looking to do a couple of outfits as well, so this really helps!

Disney Kween

I have stayed at both and both are wonderful resorts. I just love the layout of the French Quarters and also the pool. The French Quarters is actually my favorite WDW resort.

mf1972

we’ve stayed at FQ 3 years straight, & plan on another stay this October 🤞. we’ve taken walks to riverside. it’s a nice looking resort with good theming, but just too sprawled out for us. we chose FQ mostly for its size, & it’s become a favorite of ours

JIMINYCR

Keeping somewhat with your theme.... POFQ has the frog fountain that is outside around the corner of building #4 in the back by the parking lot. We usually get a room just opposite it.

100_1085-2-639x800.jpg
POFQ_frogs.jpg

Ah... But POR has Princess and the Frog themed rooms. I'd give the nod to that one, with a Princess and the Frog themed wedding.

They are both wonderful. French Quarter is going to give you more of the "city" vibe- like Tiana's restaurant with the beignets. Port Orleans Riverside is going to give you more of the countryside vibe- like "Goin' Down the Bayou." It is a little quieter and more relaxed.

POR may require more walking, and it has multiple bus stops. That was our least favorite thing about it. Where we stayed, we had to wait a long time for buses. We were on the third stop or so, and the buses would fill up on stops 1 and 2, so they didn't stop for us. Everything else about POR is magical.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I have stayed at both resorts and they are both great. With the theme of your wedding being The Princess and the Frog, I don't think you can pass up on Port Orleans Riverside and that theme. I mean it will just flow with the whole wedding.

Port Orleans French Quarters is my favorite resort and it and has some great perks to it like the Scat Cat Club, but honestly your theme is set perfect for the Riverside resort which is also a fantastic resort and the food court is wonderful. I would choose Riverside.

Raxel7851

Not to be a party popper, but those 2 hotels aren’t open as of now and seems like they won’t be open at all in 2020. We have reservations for this September and fully expect to be moved to another resort.

Dayma

We love Riverside. I love how it feels more secluded.

Unfortunately I am not sure that the bus stops are all that convenient. Nothing horrible but sometimes it can be a hike to the main bus stop.

Ariel_x33

I have stayed at both and personally prefer French Quarter, to me it has more of that Princess and the Frog, classic New Orleans vibe! Riverside is definitely beautiful but for the theme you're looking for I would definitely recommend French Quarter!

Scott10

Royal Room at Riverside! My family stayed in one a few years ago and my girls (wife and 2 daughters) loved it! We have also stayed in Alligator Bayou, but the Royal Room was a family favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom