Epcot Drinking Around the World.... AT HOME!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I want to plan an at home Epcot drinking and eating around the world night.
My husband‘s birthday Is June 1st and we will still be in quarantine.
I would like to do a small appetizer from a handful of countries along with a drink.

Please share your ideas! I appreciate your help and look forward to reading your responses.

I hope you and your families are well and staying safe 💕

BASS

As one dish, I'd do either Mexico and Japan, both of which are quite simple. For Mexico, you can do a ceviche. Similarly, for Japan, you can do a crudo. If you are attempting to do multiple dishes, raw fish is a plus because it's light. And ceviche you can do ahead of time (although it can change the texture if you leave it for too long).

adimond

My favorite, a must on every Epcot day. I've left my credit card behind on the bar at Cava del Tequila (and remembered it an hour later) on like three different occasions. That's how excited I am every time they hand me an avocado margarita.

adimond

Another great choice would be a Warsteiner dunkel and a warm pretzel: yum. I can almost hear a tuba playing, and a distant "zicke zacke, zicke zacke..."

Last edited:

adimond

That's right! Let's see, what else would I have, if we're going clockwise around the lagoon? If it's a summer afternoon, always good to stop in the Italian wine cellar for a pinot grigio and a caprese salad. Or if it's chilly out (rare in Orlando), there's hot sake in Japan and a bowl of noodles (the beef udon is a hidden treasure). And you can't beat a champagne toast in France, with a crepe or a ham and cheese croissant.

Epcotfan21

Is this Germany?
It is!

You could also pick up the Grapefruit beer (served in Germany) and Moosehead beer (served in Canada) from your local Total Wine. Same could be said for many of the beers served at Rose & Crown too.

My sister and her husband put on a POV video found on youtube of walking around world showcase when the park. I suggest doing this too so you can hear some of the music and feel like you're at the park!

JIMINYCR

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT

Serves 10

Ingredients:

1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish

Directions:

1. In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  2. Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
  5. Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
  6. Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
It is!

You could also pick up the Grapefruit beer (served in Germany) and Moosehead beer (served in Canada) from your local Total Wine. Same could be said for many of the beers served at Rose & Crown too.

My sister and her husband put on a POV video found on youtube of walking around world showcase when the park. I suggest doing this too so you can hear some of the music and feel like you're at the park!
Such a great idea! Thanks!

NiarrNDisney

You could do a Margarita flight by picking a couple recipes offered in Future World and World Showcase for instance:

Seas - Coral-Rita (Coral Reef)
China - Mango Gingerita (Joy of Tea)
Italy - Italian Margarita (Tutto Gusto)
Mexico - Spicy Blackberry (Choza de Margarita)
La Cava Avocado Margarita (La Cava del Tequila)
Morocco - Moroccarita (Juice Bar)

Nottamus

.....oh, and Bud Light in a plastic cup is everywhere in WS. You’re welcome

just don’t forget to downsize from a 12 to 10oz....and only 2 at a time .

Phonedave

You should be able to get either Einstock or Carlsberg beer for Norway at any larger liquor store.

Neither of them are Norwegian, but we are talking authentic to Epcot here, not authentic to the real country of Norway

Now Aquavit is Norwegian, but depending on your area of the country may be a bit hard to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom