WDW Haunted Mansion Graveyard Ghosts Getting New Paint Jobs

yensidtlaw1969

Oh, don't even get me started on the refurb. I already subjected the forum to my assessment in that thread when the low light videos came out.
The Phantom Manor Refurb, in my opinion, is a serious case of "The Question is more interesting than the Answer".

There's some cool new tech, and for sure the ride needed a deep (deep!) cleaning, but the mystery of the original was FAR more intriguing than the retcon "reveals" of the new one. It plays like a sequel that got a bigger budget but a lousier screenplay.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Oh, don't even get me started on the refurb. I already subjected the forum to my assessment in that thread when the low light videos came out.
The refreshed and new illusions are good (the portraiture leaves something to be desired), but they really messed up the storyline. It's as if they went into this refurbishment without doing proper story research and knowing the original intentions of the original designers.

The Phantom Manor Refurb, in my opinion, is a serious case of "The Question is more interesting than the Answer".

There's some cool new tech, and for sure the ride needed a deep (deep!) cleaning, but the mystery of the original was FAR more intriguing than the retcon "reveals" of the new one. It plays like a sequel that got a bigger budget but a lousier screenplay.
I'm fine with them confirming the identity of the Phantom (I mean all of us had a hunch who it is prior to the refurbishment), but the new ending (the Bride suddenly turning on the guests as potential "grooms") is so abrupt. It literally comes out of nowhere with no build-up and blatantly disregards established facts and the original good-vs.-evil argument in the original storyline.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm fine with them confirming the identity of the Phantom (I mean all of us had a hunch who it is prior to the refurbishment), but the new ending (the Bride suddenly turning on the guests as potential "grooms") is so abrupt. It literally comes out of nowhere with no build-up and blatantly disregards established facts and the original good-vs.-evil argument in the original storyline.
Fair point.

I also miss the score from the pointing bride.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Fair point.

I also miss the score from the pointing bride.

Same here, Martin. Katherine Meyering-Lench's vocal performance for that scene is so beautiful (and dare I say, iconic). The replacement scene (the crypt of the first four fiances) doesn't even make sense given funeral customs of the time period: dead bodies could be in the house for the viewing, but to the graveyard they must eventually go!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Same here, Martin. Katherine Meyering-Lench's vocal performance for that scene is so beautiful (and dare I say, iconic). The replacement scene (the crypt of the first four fiances) doesn't even make sense given funeral customs of the time period: dead bodies could be in the house for the viewing, but to the graveyard they must eventually go!
Plus you go past so quick you don’t get time make sense of the new screen apart from “grave”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom