Opening WDW with Social Distancing

Jrb1979

OK, how 'bout this... if you want to go skiing, you have to wear the boots and skis. No boots and skis, no skiing.

No mask, no WDW. Your choice. You don't want to wear a mask, go to Sicks Flags instead.
From what the CEO put out Thursday, masks will probably be in place at Six Flags too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
From what the CEO put out Thursday, masks will probably be in place at Six Flags too.
That's interesting, since the Safety Gestapo wouldn't let us ride Goliath with glasses, even tho' we had safety straps on them.

robhedin

OK, how 'bout this... if you want to go skiing, you have to wear the boots and skis. No boots and skis, no skiing.

No mask, no WDW. Your choice. You don't want to wear a mask, go to Sicks Flags instead.
Your argument is still not great.... it is not physically possible to ”ski” without a device called “skis” that fit on your feet. On the other hand, it is physically possible to get on a ferry boat, or watch a parade, or sing along to “It’s a Small World” from a boat with or without a mask.

A better metaphor might be: if a business requires an NDA in order to have a job with them, either you accept the NDA and take the job or you decline the NDA and don’t take the job. If you take the job and break the NDA there are consequences.

All of us are playing the guessing game here. I’m not sure Disney knows if masks will be required of guests or not. My guess is really simple: if the state/government mandates everyone (ie: guests) wear masks, then Disney will require it; if the state/government does not require masks or only “suggests” or “recommends” their use for everyone (ie: guests), then Disney will follow suit (assuming they say anything about masks).

Florida is entering Phase 1 but Theme Parks can not open in that Phase. The recommendation for Phase 2, when Theme Parks may be able to start opening does not call out a mask requirement for everyone (yet). That may change when we actually enter Phase 2.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Your argument is still not great.... it is not physically possible to ”ski” without a device called “skis” that fit on your feet. On the other hand, it is physically possible to get on a ferry boat, or watch a parade, or sing along to “It’s a Small World” from a boat with or without a mask.

A better metaphor might be: if a business requires an NDA in order to have a job with them, either you accept the NDA and take the job or you decline the NDA and don’t take the job. If you take the job and break the NDA there are consequences.
I've never had to wear an NDA, but your point is taken.

Bottom line, if Disney says "Thou shalt wear a mask," thou shalt, or thou shalt not partake of Disney.

Smooth

IMG_0300.JPG

How about if we wore these?

ZoneOfTheEnder

I've never had to wear an NDA, but your point is taken.

Bottom line, if Disney says "Thou shalt wear a mask," thou shalt, or thou shalt not partake of Disney.
We choose not to go and participate in this foolishness.
View attachment 468008
How about if we wore these?
Perfect. .. we be bubble people and we can recharge at Tesla Power Portals.
Is there a hole so I can sip dole whips?

MickeyLuv'r

When this thread was started, I'd have said WDW might require masks, but the way current events are playing out in multiple states/cities, I'm thinking we won't see required masks at WDW.

The whole idea of (requiring) masks has taken a very divisive turn in the past few days, and Disney theme parks have always tried to steer clear of divisive issues.

I am starting to think WDW won't reopen until the debate over masks has abated.

Jrb1979

When this thread was started, I'd have said WDW might require masks, but the way current events are playing out in multiple states/cities, I'm thinking we won't see required masks at WDW.

The whole idea of (requiring) masks has taken a very divisive turn in the past few days, and Disney theme parks have always tried to steer clear of divisive issues.

That's going to be awhile then. Other parks are making masks mandatory. It feels like a lot of Disney fans don't go to other parks much. For some reason they think Disney isn't the same so they can do what they want.

jaklgreen

I'm surprised no one is talking about what the San Diego parks have planned to put in place upon opening.

They are just trying to throw out the most "secure" plans to try to get the governor to rethink his opening plans. The governor does not want any of the parks, or large gatherings until they have a vaccine. Keeping these places closed for a year or more can very well bankrupt them.

ZoneOfTheEnder

Let’s get our critical thinking caps on. Here is a FDA website talking about face masks https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks
Please read the entire page and look for the section about who will have issues with face masks.
Then think about what they say about fit and efficacy of face masks both N95 and home made.
Next look for what they say how and when to dispose of them.
There is one more research topic that you should search for and it is based on something I read that a person who might have a virus who sneezes or coughs inside of mask the virus goes to the outside of the mask. Doesn’t sound like a safe thing for everyone not healthcare workers should wear.

robhedin

That's going to be awhile then. Other parks are making masks mandatory. It feels like a lot of Disney fans don't go to other parks much. For some reason they think Disney isn't the same so they can do what they want.
The other parks that are currently requiring masks (i.e. most recently those in San Diego) are following the county protocol which calls out the requirement.

My belief is that this is the way it will go everywhere- if the government's rule in that area (municipal, county, state, federal) requires masks, then the park will require them; if it does not, then to me it's unlikely that the parks will either.

Orange County (where the parks are) does not require masks. Osceola county (where All Star resorts and Wide World of Sports complex are located) pseudo does require them. (I say pseudo, because while the county did put the requirement on the books, days later it then stated they wouldn't be enforcing which pretty much renders it moot).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom