Augh.. I feel like the Harbinger of Doom recently with my posts.. Tom Sawyer's Island will not be opening up again...

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Too many concerns with cramming people on the skiffs to take them over there, and once they get there wandering free. The manpower required for cast members to enforce "social distancing" on that island isn't worth the return.

Old school MK is dying. It's a shame, but it is happening.

ImperfectPixie

Too many concerns with cramming people on the skiffs to take them over there, and once they get there wandering free. The manpower required for cast members to enforce "social distancing" on that island isn't worth the return.

Old school MK is dying. It's a shame, but it is happening.
That doesn't necessarily mean permanent closure though...does it? I mean, they could just keep it closed until social distancing isn't required anymore.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
That doesn't necessarily mean permanent closure though...does it? I mean, they could just keep it closed until social distancing isn't required anymore.

I would suspect temporary

I have not heard anything indicating temporary or permanent. Just that it will not open with the rest of MK. Too much of a liability. Imagine someone infected coughing in one of the caves. Everyone that goes in for the next few hours is infected.

disney4life2008

I have not heard anything indicating temporary or permanent. Just that it will not open with the rest of MK. Too much of a liability. Imagine someone infected coughing in one of the caves. Everyone that goes in for the next few hours is infected.

But is there any difference between someone coughing in the que of splash mountain?

ImperfectPixie

Oh, it absolutely makes sense...I just hope it's temporary because it would be a terrible shame to lose one of the few areas in which kids are so free to just explore to their hearts' content. :)

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
But is there any difference between someone coughing in the que of splash mountain?

Yes! A cast member will quickly run over and spray them in the face with bleach.. :D

But no, there isn't. Most of Splash's queue is outdoors, it more about enclosed spaces. I am not making these determinations, just saying what I have heard from three different people since around noon today.

disney4life2008

Yes! A cast member will quickly run over and spray them in the face with bleach.. :D

But no, there isn't. Most of Splash's queue is outdoors, it more about enclosed spaces. I am not making these determinations, just saying what I have heard from three different people since around noon today.

I believe you. It's just interesting how theme parks will handle this

TrainsOfDisney

It has been said quite a few times but none of the parks are going to be operating all of their attractions at first, so this wouldn’t be a surprise. I’m sure the list will continue to grow.

Agreed. Just thinking how weird it will be to see “interactive” elements roped off or covered up. “Sorry kids... can’t play with anything. What do you think this is... Disney world!?”

Dumbo play area, Winnie the Pooh play area, splash mountain, 7 dwarves mine, big thunder, haunted mansion...

I suppose the sorcerers game can still be played, you don’t touch anything there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom