Harold Reid of the Statler Brothers dead at the age of 80

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster

He was a member of my favorite country music band when I was growing up. The Statler Brothers were very talented as a group with excellent singing voices. A lot of their well known songs were songs they wrote. Harold wrote some of those songs also.

I grew up listening Statler Brothers cassette tape albums back in the 1980s. I went to a couple of their concerts back in the 1980s in Wisconsin. I also watched the Statler Brothers TV show on the old Tennessee Nashville Network.

Harold was a natural entertainer even without singing besides his excellent voice. RIP to a great talent.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Harold is the singer you usually see on the far left when the Statler Brothers sing.

Here is some the songs I remembered him performing with his band members:

Amazing Grace

How Great Thou Art

I'll go to my grave loving you:

Thank You World

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Jimmy Fortune was great addition to the group and his voice blended so well with the other 3. Their music will live on forever. can you guess I am a big fan
I agree that Jimmy was a great addition to to the group.

I grew up seeing Jimmy Fortune with the other 3 in Concert twice. The first time was in 1983 or 1984 and the 2nd time was in 1989. I have no memory of Lew Dewitt singing in person with the Statler Brothers at all. I always liked Jimmy's voice.

Lew was still with the band when I was born, but his medical problem caused him to leave the Statlers when I was little.

The thing with me is I grew listening to cassette tapes that had songs with Lew Dewitt and Jimmy fortune depending on the album.

When I think of the Jimmy Fortune era of the Statlers, Songs like "Elizabeth", "My Only Love", "More Than a Name on a Wall" come to my mind right away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom