3D Shows?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the theater spacing is more of an issue than the 3D glasses...possibly.

As mentioned, the glasses are sanitized, though I expect what we might see, if needed, they would change their sanitization routine but I have no idea if that would be needed.

I'd also expect that glasses would be handed out by gloved CM's vs people just picking up the glasses on their own, since they could touch a number of other glasses when picking up theirs

ToTBellHop

Glasses are not the problem - they are already cleaned as part of the regular process. Social distancing would be a problem. At AK the long queue line that snakes around the Tree of Life would be almost impossible to set up alternate spacing, not to mention the lobby where everyone is encouraged to get close before the doors to the theater open. Muppets is similar. While there is space in the courtyard for a queue, the interior lobby would only work with reduced seating.

My personal opinion is that WDW will not implement social distancing for shows or queues. Others have very different opinions.
You are basing this upon days when parks have 30,000 guests. If you go to DAK on a quiet day in August, you walk right into ITTBAB. Think those crowd levels.

FutureWorld1982

I saw articles explaining no glasses or goggles for 3D rides/shows bc of sanitation. But what I don’t understand is this: aren’t the glasses only used once per day and sanitized overnight? I wouldn’t see that as a concern, especially if someone handed you the glasses.

For those curious, most (not all) of Walt Disney World's 3D glasses are cleaned during the day by Cast Members working at the Imagination! pavilion at EPCOT. A very large (and not extremely reliable) machine cleans and sanitize them, and Cast Members never handle the actual glasses by hand (they only handle the trays). There's usually only a couple of deliveries per day, as it takes quite a long time to gather the glasses from all around property.

Fun fact: Star Tours' glasses are THE WORST to clean, as they get stuck in the machine every so often.

peter11435

At AK the long queue line that snakes around the Tree of Life would be almost impossible to set up alternate spacing,
Not sure why you feel this way. The queue is almost entirely linear without swithbacks except in some small areas that can be closed off. It’s long enough to easily accommodate a lengthy queue with guest distancing. Much better suited for this than most other queues

Marc Davis Fan

Attractions are reopening in China with 3D glasses. It can be done. How would Universal function without glasses?!

Do you know if they are considering changes to pre-shows (besides just having fewer people at a time), such as to the HM stretching rooms, the ToT libraries, and the RotR "transport ship"? Doing something like having people walk through or skip pre-shows would be seriously damaging to show quality... more than anything else I've heard about them considering. Most worrisomely, it's the kind of thing I could see them not switching back to normal afterwards (especially in the case of RotR).

Giss Neric

I would imagine all shows indoor will be two seats apart. That will include movie theaters. No problem with it that as I don't like people on my left or right unless it's family.

wdwfan22

You are basing this upon days when parks have 30,000 guests. If you go to DAK on a quiet day in August, you walk right into ITTBAB. Think those crowd levels.
You can never walk into philharmonic without the crowd gathering by the doors. And everybody wants to sit in the middle of the theaters so i don’t see guests listening to social distancing. guests won’t move to the end of the row you think they are going to listen to social distancing spacing.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Do you know if they are considering changes to pre-shows (besides just having fewer people at a time), such as to the HM stretching rooms, the ToT libraries, and the RotR "transport ship"? Doing something like having people walk through or skip pre-shows would be seriously damaging to show quality... more than anything else I've heard about them considering. Most worrisomely, it's the kind of thing I could see them not switching back to normal afterwards (especially in the case of RotR).
I mean... they sometimes just let people walk right on through Dinosaur’s pre-show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom