3D Shows?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So are there any 3D/4D shows anyone is afraid of Disney cutting due to 1). Enclosed spaces 2). 3D Glasses 3). Other reasons???

I'd personally be very upset if Philharmagic, Muppets, and Bugs closed. One of my absolute favorite hobbies at AK is to watch Bugs repeatedly. Not the show, but to watch all the big dads scream like little pansies and hear all the children cry due to parents not reading warning signs.

But back on topic... Would you be upset if any of these had to be axed upon reopening?

celluloid

I could see reduced row seating for Bugs and the other shows if they care ro rig it that way. Like every other row or if attendance is very low, every two rows and family seating with gaps.(but doubtful)
I think there is a chance of no fog or air effects in the shows. If they are really going to be science safety and not show safety, they would be taking the extreme to keep air from circulating anymore than the basic force of AC. (not that I think they will)

surfsupdon

I saw articles explaining no glasses or goggles for 3D rides/shows bc of sanitation. But what I don’t understand is this: aren’t the glasses only used once per day and sanitized overnight? I wouldn’t see that as a concern, especially if someone handed you the glasses.

drizgirl

I saw articles explaining no glasses or goggles for 3D rides/shows bc of sanitation. But what I don’t understand is this: aren’t the glasses only used once per day and sanitized overnight? I wouldn’t see that as a concern, especially if someone handed you the glasses.
I'm wondering the same thing. If they were handled safely before, I'd think they would be safe now. Sort of makes me wonder now.

celluloid

I'm wondering the same thing. If they were handled safely before, I'd think they would be safe now. Sort of makes me wonder now.

It is more about theater of safety if it gets that extreme. Maybe one could argue for the Cast Member Safety afterwards (which hopefully brings attention to their handling in general)

The lapbars and guns on rides like Toy Story Mania or Buzz would be far worse in spreading than sanatized and barely touched clean glasses.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Shows are a people eater.
I can see them cutting capacity and spreading out guests but not getting rid of them completely.
I can also see them potentially handing out throw away glasses or having an onsite disinfectant.
I could potentially see them shutting off the 3D aspect because even without it the shows have entertainment value.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Shows are a people eater.
I can see them cutting capacity and spreading out guests but not getting rid of them completely.
I can also see them potentially handing out throw away glasses or having an onsite disinfectant.
I could potentially see them shutting off the 3D aspect because even without it the shows have entertainment value.
Shutting off the 3D aspect wouldn't work for Muppets.

lazyboy97o

Have you ever looked at the screen without the glasses on? You pretty much can't tell what you're looking at.
That is because 3D movies project two images at the same time using filters. You can turn off one of the projectors and remove the filter to get a normal 2D movie. This was done temporarily last year with Ratatouille and permanently with Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.

It will be interesting to see if the concerns about the virus impact Mario Kart at Universal Studios Japan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom