Trip Report ***COMPLETED*** Girls Just Wanna Have Sun ☀️

Hello friends, and welcome to my second trip report! I enjoyed writing my Disneyland TR so much that I’m back again to report on my next adventure! Let’s hop right into it!

What: A Disney CRUISE! 🙌🏼 I haven’t been on a cruise since 2004 (I was 13!), and I haven’t been on a Disney Cruise since my family cruised on the Wonder wayyyy back in 2002 (the Wonder was the newest ship back then!). Followed by one night at WDW.

When: Leaving GA the afternoon of 2/13, boarding the Dream for 3 nights on 2/14, in WDW 2/17-2/18.

Where: Nassau, Castaway Cay, and Port Orleans French Quarter (my favorite Moderate and one of my very favorite resorts!)

Who: You may already know me - Katie. I’m a Georgia Peach, WDW AP, and wife to my best friend and Disney adventure partner, Jason.

4FDE11AB-9972-4E5D-B02B-99E7F7CD3F55.jpeg

Joining me are my mom (we’ll call her...Mom), baby sister A, and sister-in-law M (married to my brother D). I couldn’t find a pic of all four of us together, so here are a few pics with a mix of us in them.

A, M, and I on Thanksgiving a couple years ago
F7AE8B25-99CD-4C03-88E0-DDA9E534F888.jpeg

A, Mom, and I at the Biltmore Estate this past summer...we’re definitely related 😂
46FF0625-9DFD-44AD-9319-C3CD64AA8248.jpeg

My brother D, M, J, and I on our way to MNSSHP 2018...J doesn’t do costumes 🙄
ECAD7633-517C-452D-9E72-88F31C4D9D69.jpeg

Mom and I in Central Park this past April
B61A6E8B-35AE-41B3-8BB2-8CDB42D185A9.jpeg

Fun fact: M and I are sorority sisters (for those of you who are familiarized with the whole sorority family tree thing...she is my Grand-Little). She and I met at a sorority event a couple years after I had graduated, when she was a freshman and my brother D was a sophomore. We figured out that she and D were in the same Lit class, and she said she was going to introduce herself to him the next class...3 years later, they got married. You’re welcome, D!

This will be my second Disney Cruise, Mom’s fourth, and M and A’s first. A was a baby when we went on our first Disney Cruise back in 2002, so she stayed with our grandparents.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I want to say they were both pretty new, I hadn't seen either of them before, online or in person. I never buy the Dooney bags (although I have one that I purchased for 40% off when we visited with a CM friend, and one that J gave me as a Christmas gift a few years ago), but I love admiring them!

I really like the photo of the Dooney bag, too! (Dooney's are out of my price range, but I do like seeing their unique Disney designs, particularly this Fantasia themed one.)

k8einwdw

Original Poster
February 17th - WDW Day - Part Two

When I last left off, we were leaving Disney Springs, and were headed for a dining reservation. We hopped on a bus to Grand Floridian, where we would be having tea at the Garden View Lounge! We had all been looking forward to our afternoon tea for months. Afternoon Tea is a special tradition among the women of my family. There is a cute little tea room near us that we have been visiting since I was a child. We have celebrated many a birthday and graduation there. And last year (one year ago this week, actually), Mom and I traveled to NYC together, and I surprised her with afternoon tea at Bergdorf Goodman.
A5D54AB2-9E0F-4EE8-B7EE-4B2B29EC37F9.jpeg

So, needless to say, it was a no brainer to celebrate our girls trip with afternoon tea. I had been wanting to do this for years, but it isn’t really J’s cup of tea (see what I did there?). I was so excited to finally experience this! The rest of the group had never visited Grand Flo, so I was excited to see their reactions to the resort. We hopped off the bus, and I grabbed a picture of the old car on the way in (sorry, not a car person so I have no idea what this is).
887E83C3-8232-4304-ACE4-FB36879A8CFC.jpeg

When we entered the resort, I was pleased to see that the rest of the group appreciated the beauty of GF just as much as I do. J and I have never stayed here, but it’s one of our favorite resorts to visit. We love to find a spot on one of the couches in the lobby and just relax, especially if the pianist or orchestra are playing. Everyone snapped pics of the lobby, and then we found a spot to relax until it was time to check in for our reservation.
84A73F59-A54A-404C-83C9-1D45FB5C901A.jpeg

We sat for about 15 minutes before I went up to the podium to check us in for our reservation. They took my contact info, and texted me about 5 minutes later saying that our table was ready. Outside of the Garden View Lounge, there is a little tribute to Mrs. Potts and Chip. It would be easy to miss if you didn’t know it was there!
A0C3991F-5876-44A8-B4AA-082D9DD57202.jpeg

We were seated, and given our beautiful menu to look through our choices. There are a few different tea experiences to choose from. We all got the Bedfordshire Tea, which comes with finger sandwiches, a scone with lemon curd, clotted cream, and jam, and your choice of dessert, as well as a pot of tea for $35/person. For desserts, you can choose between a selection of pastries, a seasonal trifle, or strawberries with fresh cream The other tea experiences are an add-on to the Bedfordshire. You can get the Cheshire Tea, which also includes fruits and cheeses for $50/person, or the Berkshire Tea, which also includes caviar, for $150/two people. Each person gets to choose their own tea, and there are a ton of choices.
211B785E-7552-4977-845E-5856D49A5B68.jpeg

Our teas arrived in these cute little teapot cozies, which kept the tea hot throughout the entire meal. For tea, I got the Nutty Chocolate, Mom got the Mango Ginger, A got the Enchanting Forest Fruits, and M got a chai tea.
DA831944-CE06-487B-B9AF-70EC862B3127.jpeg

Four teapots took up a good bit of room on the table, but it was nice to have four different teas to sample. We all tried some of each, but I think that my Nutty Chocolate tea was the best one!
BA43370B-E049-4EC4-BCAD-BB72E683AC08.jpeg

We sipped our teas for a while, and then our food came out! They bring everything out on these little multi-tier trays, like any proper tea room. Each tray holds two people’s food.
F4B2B6CB-B44C-4E3C-A55B-BC2DA45FB7C0.jpeg

Now, let’s dig in! We were all ravenous, so it was hard not to inhale everything, but we tried to take it slow and really enjoy everything. We all started out with our finger sandwiches- there was a cucumber cream cheese, curry chicken salad, egg salad, poached pear and Gorgonzola, fire roasted tomato and goat cheese, and an onion tart. They were all good, but I think that the chicken salad and onion tart were my favorites!

Next, we moved on to the scone and jam tart. The place back home where we normally have afternoon tea serves multiple mini scones per person, so it was different to have one big scone. The scone was flaky and delicious, and it was fun to mix the lemon curd, cream, and jam. The strawberry jam tart was also good, topped with lemon curd and cream!
9B2A4ECE-C6B7-43DF-8432-46884505503D.jpeg

Lastly, we enjoyed our desserts. All four of us got the selection of pastries. I was intrigued by the seasonal trifle, but the current flavor was bananas foster, and we would be having another banana dessert later that night. 😉 The desserts included a white chocolate mousse-filled swan, some macarons, and a chocolate-covered strawberry. We all agreed that the swan was our favorite! It reminded me of a cream puff.

Overall, everything was fantastic, and we were all so glad that we booked this experience! It is a wonderful and delicious way to spend a relaxing afternoon. We all wore casual dresses, but you are not *required* to dress up. I would highly recommend this experience for a girls trip, mother-daughter trip, or anyone who enjoys a good afternoon tea.

After we paid our bill, we went our separate ways again. The rest of the group was headed back to POFQ to swim and relax, and I was headed to Epcot!

Up next: Walls...walls, everywhere.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
February 17th - WDW Day- Part Three

After we paid our bill at Grand Flo, the group spilt up for a bit. We all hopped on the monorail together, but Mom, A, and M got off at Magic Kingdom, and I continued on to the TTA. The rest of the girls were going to hop a bus from MK back to the resort to swim and relax. At this point, it was around 3:30, and we still hadn’t gotten our room ready text. I checked the app and saw our room number, so I texted it to them, and they were able to get in just fine. At the TTA, I transferred monorails to head to...
E16DA7E0-7989-4F06-87DA-D3D30219C6C1.jpeg

Wallcot! I arrived around 3:45, and it was CROWDED. It was Presidents Day, so I was not shocked by that, as a lot of schools were out. Nevertheless, I was pumped to be in my first WDW park in over 5 months, even if it would only be for a couple hours.

Now about those walls...I know it’s been said a hundred times, but they make it so confusing to navigate the park! My first order of business was to visit the ladies room, and J and I always visit the same restroom to the left of SSE when you’re entering the park. Well I headed over there, and the restroom was behind walls! I headed to the next closest one and the line was out the door, so I decided to head to my next destination to see if the restroom situation was any better there.
83781E5C-C3AE-4396-8790-09C924EE1B21.jpeg

After visiting the ladies room, it was time to visit my old pal, Patrick. I had a FP for Soarin for 3:30-4:30, so it was already available for me to use. When I arrived, there was a group standing directly in front of the FP entrance. Turns out, they were 15 minutes early. Seriously people, if it’s not your turn yet, mooooooooooove!!! ANYWAY, once I finally got in, I was met with the longest FP wait I’ve ever experienced for Soarin. I ended up waiting about 20 minutes total, from tapping in to boarding. Thankfully I did get the middle section, but on the bottom row. So the Eiffel Tower wasn’t too bendy, but lots of feet in my view.

F3940145-AB91-4503-AF34-80BDE2245D02.jpeg

After my flight around the world, I headed next door to the Imagination Pavilion. I had a very important purchase to make...which you’ll see later. 😉 After my first shopping task was done, I found the paint-some-squares wall that they had out for Festival of the Arts. J and I hadn’t gotten to do this in 2019, so I wasn’t missing my chance! Sadly this mural was mostly painted already, so almost everyone was given white paint. I painted my four squares and grabbed my postcard on the way out.
EDD27DA5-758C-4384-9F27-90F530C524CC.jpeg

After painting my masterpiece of four white squares, I grabbed some pics of the Flower and Garden preparation. I’m glad I did, because it seems like Flower and Garden might be out the window this year. 😭 F&G is my favorite Epcot Festival, so I was so excited to see that they had already started to put some of the flowers out.
A3BD32A1-3872-4E69-B677-BD7C7F2EC591.jpeg

EF6AFF0E-9A97-4094-9D3E-2FF0907DBB26.jpeg

I also had to commemorate the Festival that I was actually attending...I love those rainbows, I’m glad they kept them this year despite all of the construction.

86BFB736-3249-4351-A0D7-138FCC3E197B.jpeg

Next, I was on a mission to get a treat for J. He had requested the new(ish) boozy caramel flight from the Germany pavilion. I headed for the boat launch first, but it was closed. 😫 So, I made the long walk through Mexico, Norway, China, and Africa before I made it to Germany. As we all know, World Showcase can get quite crowded, so I thought I’d share some tips for everyone for their next trip around the world. 1) Please walk as slowly as possible at all times. 2) If you have multiple strollers, make sure to push them side by side, rather than one behind the other. No need for anyone else to have room to walk. 3) If you are traveling with a large group, make sure that everyone walks side by side so that you take up as much space as possible on the walkway. 4) And lastly, make sure you come to a sudden, complete stop in the middle of the walkway at least ten times a day.

If you can’t tell, I was just a little annoyed by the sea of oblivious people between Future World and Germany. I eventually made it to Karamell Kuche, and I got the boozy caramel flight for J, a chocolate caramel Mickey Rice Krispie treat for myself, and a large bag of caramel corn for the road trip home. Treats acquired, I headed back through Africa, China, Norway, and Mexico to get to my last stop at Epcot...
6707F4AC-F7C2-4356-9931-F98A72B17C33.jpeg

Mouse Gears? Is that you? The temporary location leaves a lot to be desired, to say the least. Mouse Gears was my favorite park shop, so I’m really hoping that the refurbishment doesn’t take away too much of the magic...I’m looking at you, World of Disney. I was here to grab J’s big (read: $$$) gift. I had been in the park for nearly two hours at this point, and we had plans this evening, so I didn’t spend too much time browsing. We’d have plenty of time for that in April...oh wait...

When I went to check out, my cashier was a very eager College Program girl who kept calling me Princess...it was a little awkward. I’m no stranger to being called Princess by cast members, but it’s a little weird coming from someone nearly ten years my junior. Once I had escaped that awkward encounter, I had one last stop to make before I could leave the park.

1B6ADAFD-4B32-4AA9-99A9-DF5FAE157727.jpeg

Target acquired! This magnet was the whole reason I decided to make a trip to Epcot - it is so cute!

Up next: Gonna take you all the way down...to Port Orleans

Last edited:

k8einwdw

Original Poster
February 17th - WDW Day - Part Four

After roughly two hours in the park, it was time for me to bid adieu to EPCOT. It was unseasonably warm for February, and I wasn’t wearing the best shoes, so I wasn’t too heartbroken about leaving. As I was walking to the buses, I saw a bus in the POFQ stall, so I picked up the pace. Unfortunately I wasn’t quick enough, as the bus pulled away before I could make it on. Not wanting to wait another 20+ minutes, I got in the POR bus line. A bus pulled up within just a few minutes, and we were on our way. Seated across from me on the bus, there was a family (Mom, Dad, and teenage daughter) arguing very loudly about Disney+. The argument lasted the entire ride back to the resort, and the daughter kept moving seats, further and further away from the parents. So that was a fun ride. Soon enough, the bus pulled up to Riverside, and I had peace at last.
99899D86-1802-4C2D-A49C-810B01D7EF29.jpeg

I enjoyed the walk over to French Quarter. It was the first time I had been completely alone in four days, and as an introvert, I value my alone time. I enjoyed the quiet, and took some pics on the walk over. The Port Orleans resorts are both beautiful. I prefer the small size and secluded atmosphere of French Quarter, but it looks like we may be staying at Riverside in June (🤞🏼), which I’m not mad about. Anyway, here are some pics of beautiful Port Orleans.
1060A5ED-3870-47D3-97D6-BAA08E9E6155.jpeg

0BB9F54D-2639-4801-B1EC-DA1F1E46EF83.jpeg

D12587A5-F6CF-47CA-B8C4-D6BD3116DFAD.jpeg

7A94C980-DD0B-4A53-B599-05B60FBEDFE4.jpeg

I also saw a couple horses pulling carriages along the way. J and I got to go on a carriage ride with my Disney Aunt and Uncle back in 2018, and it was a really special experience. In the elevator, I saw an advertisement for these beignets. I’m thinking they were new/seasonal? I honestly don’t get the hype of the beignets at POFQ. To me, they’re more like a powdered donut than a beignet. Not bad, just not the real deal.
BC509F1D-AD2E-45C6-ACB3-2FC9BE6E2D28.jpeg

When I arrived in the room, I had about half an hour to rest before we needed to head out for dinner. I got there to find everyone laying in bed, watching a movie. Turns out, they had never made it to the pool. I rested for a few minutes before doing a quick change before dinner, and took an Aleve for my splitting headache. Soon enough, it was time to head out for our evening plans.

Up next: Dinner, drinks, and fireworks

Sillysidewalker

Following along. Really enjoying your report my sister and I are two years apart and we both have three daughters within 6 months of each other. I hope we can take a girls trip together like yours someday. That tea looks amazing!! My sister and I took a trip to London before kids. We had tea at Kensington palace and ever since I have been obsessed. Glad you had some alone time in Epcot. That seems like a perfect way to spend an afternoon,

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Following along. Really enjoying your report my sister and I are two years apart and we both have three daughters within 6 months of each other. I hope we can take a girls trip together like yours someday. That tea looks amazing!! My sister and I took a trip to London before kids. We had tea at Kensington palace and ever since I have been obsessed. Glad you had some alone time in Epcot. That seems like a perfect way to spend an afternoon,
Thank you for reading! A girls' trip is definitely fun, although it was a little stressful for the four of us to share one bathroom for five nights. If we do it again, I think we'll get multiple rooms. I highly recommend the Afternoon Tea, it was such a special and unique experience, definitely a relaxing way to spend an afternoon!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
February 17th- WDW Day - Part Five

When I last left off, I had returned from some solo park time at Epcot, and a peaceful walk along the Sassagoula River. Around 7:00 pm, we headed up to the front of the resort to catch a Minnie Van to the Poly. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes for our ride. Around the 15-minute mark, Mom asked, “Could we have just driven my car to the Polynesian?” Well...yes...but it’s already paid for now, might as well utilize the Minnie Van. Plus J and I have had issues finding parking at the Poly before, and I didn’t want to risk not finding a spot, since it was a busy holiday weekend.

Eventually our Minnie Van arrived, and we were on our way. I wish I could remember our driver’s name, but he was a younger guy (I’m thinking around 23-24), so I was pretty impressed that he got a Minnie Van position, since those jobs are pretty coveted. He told us that he had done the Disney College Program back in 2017 or 2018, and that he was one of the poor clipboard-wielding souls that has to man the resort bus stations in the morning. I told him I always felt sorry for those cast members, since I’ve seen my fair share of angry guests harassing them about bus wait times. After a quick ride, we said our goodbyes and he dropped us off at the Poly.

Our first destination was Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace. J and I love it there, especially when they have a live musician playing ukulele, and you can watch the Electric Water Pageant from the seating area. A got the Polynesian Punch, Mom and M each got the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum, and I got my usual Pearl...a white one...again. I have like 6 white pearls sitting in my office, so I left this one on the table. I’m determined to get a black one someday!
DF62FD39-E393-4CCB-8B23-08311A65944B.jpeg

Around 8:30 I believe, it was time for Happily Ever After. We had a goal to watch it from the Tiki Terrace, since none of the other girls had seen it. Our view was not great, since all of the umbrellas were up, but we were able to see it somewhat. The table next to us had some young kids that kept running up and standing directly in front of us, and then running back to their table. I may have shot the parents a look after the third or fourth time. 1) Why do you have your kids at a bar at 8:30 pm, and 2) if you insist on bringing your kids TO A BAR, could you at least keep them from running all over the place? This isn’t Chef Mickey’s. I could have sworn Trader Sam’s (inside and outside) was 18+ only after 8pm, but I guess that is no longer the case.

ANYWAY, after we had paid our bill, we headed back in to check in for our very late ‘Ohana dinner reservation. Mom waited in the very long line with me, while M and A browsed in the gift shops. The ladies in front of us were talking about their kids meeting Lilo and Stitch, and I piped up and told them that dinner wasn’t a character meal. They didn’t believe me when I said that the characters were only at breakfast. I told them that I’d eaten dinner at ‘Ohana at least once a year for the last six years...no characters at dinner. They were flabbergasted - one of them said that it didn’t say on the website that there were no characters at dinner. I told them that if there were characters, it would say something about it in the title of their meal, i.e. Lilo and Stitch’s Best Friends Breakfast. I felt bad for them, but at the same time, stuff like that is why it’s so important to book at least your first trip with a Disney-accredited travel agent. Any travel agent worth their salt would know that there are not characters at ‘Ohana dinner. I did think that it was kind of ironic that they ended up accidentally getting one of the harder-to-get dining reservations, and I hoped that they were able to get their reservation changed over to breakfast.

F0E9D375-491F-450F-939E-73EFB44E97EA.jpeg

Once we were checked in, Mom and I went to find M and A, and prepared them that it could be a long time before we were seated. In all the times J and I have dined here, we’ve waited anywhere between 5 and 40 minutes after checking in before we were called up. This time, it was only about 15 minutes. We were seated at a table with a great view of Cinderella Castle...too bad the fireworks had already gone off! Nevertheless, it was nice to see it. Little did I know, it would be a while before I laid eyes on the castle again...😢

We met our server, placed our drink orders, inhaled most of the bread, and soon enough, the salad came. Now, I remember being disappointed in the salad the last time J and I ate at ‘Ohana...May 2019 I think? I was hoping that it was just a fluke, but nope. The same disappointing salad as last time. I remember the salad in years past being really flavorful and delicious, but this was just a sad pile of kale and spinach with a half a teaspoon of vinaigrette dumped on top. Why mess with a good thing, ‘Ohana? Thankfully, the sides were still as good as ever.
5447C539-EDB3-4FE3-966D-483A4D04E45D.jpeg

We devoured the dumplings, wings, and noodles, and eventually asked for a second helping. I could easily go to ‘Ohana just for the dumplings, noodles, and bread pudding! Sides delivered, it was time for the meats. I don’t eat shrimp, so I didn’t partake, but everyone else enjoyed it. The sweet and sour chicken was delicious as always, but the steak was a little over-cooked and tough. We were thinking maybe it had just been on the fire for too long since it was the end of the night? It wasn’t *bad* just a little too chewy. Our server was a little off-putting though, as he insisted that we take more meat than we wanted. We would ask for just a couple pieces, and he would give us six or seven. I know that it was the end of the night and they were probably trying to get rid of everything, but don’t force us to waste food. Eventually, dessert arrived, and all was well in the world.
555C9CB3-2CEF-4B23-8BE7-A288FBB5ABFB.jpeg

I don’t have anything revolutionary to say about ‘Ohana bread pudding. It’s delicious. It’s the stuff dreams are made of. It’s one of the things that keeps us coming back to ‘Ohana. Like many others, we’ve had inconsistent service over the years. Some great servers, some that took ten years to bring our food, and some that shoved all the food at us at once. The food has been mostly consistent, aside from the salad. The steak this night was tough, but other times, it has been great. We’ll continue going back probably once a year, but hopefully we don’t get this particular server again.

Bill paid, it was getting pretty late, and we were ready to head back to POFQ. We walked out to the front of the resort and requested a Minnie Van, and wouldn’t you know it...we got the same driver as last time! We spent the ride back to the resort debating over Toy Story 4 (I fall squarely in the Hate It Camp), and talking about the California Redwoods (the driver was from Northern California). We enjoyed our ride, and I took some pictures on the way back to the room.
3495F2CF-6EC3-4496-829B-A130BF42F11F.jpeg

312B2A12-1236-41EF-AE28-E981303B7908.jpeg

I just adore French Quarter, especially at night. And that lobby! 😍 Once we got back to the room, we all changed into pjs and collapsed in bed. We had an early morning ahead of us.

Up next: Traveling home and final thoughts

muddyrivers

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report! I read you may be staying at POR in June (hopefully your trip won't be cancelled) and I think that's a great choice. Our family loves POR and it's the only one we stay at. Make sure to see Bob Jackson while you're there one night :D

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report! I read you may be staying at POR in June (hopefully your trip won't be cancelled) and I think that's a great choice. Our family loves POR and it's the only one we stay at. Make sure to see Bob Jackson while you're there one night :D
Thank you for reading! We've only ever stayed at POR for one night back in 2017, but we've stayed at POFQ a couple times and enjoyed some of the offerings at POR, including Yehaa Bob! I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for our June trip!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
February 18th - Travel Home Day

We awoke around 7:00 am this morning, and all got ready and packed in a flash. I was ready to go first, so I walked up to the food court to grab some Powerade for the ride home. On my way back to the room, I took some more photos of beautiful French Quarter.

Does anyone else secretly miss the old theming of Sassagoula Floatworks Factory? I know it was busy, but the new theming is almost a little too understated for me.
5B950DA0-D28E-425A-94F0-4CF759EAC16F.jpeg

D5F95D4C-89CB-46C6-8DB9-C0CF054D31B3.jpeg

C5821C4D-B293-4FA8-9DA3-CB458F3F2434.jpeg

D01D73DA-BCB2-4C54-8E6A-D78928CFA2C9.jpeg

When I got back to the room, I made up the beds so I could take some room photos...because everyone takes their room photos on their check-out day, right?!? This is the second trip in a row I’ve done this... 😂
24208874-A5EE-4649-B57E-29958498069E.jpeg

65E799E6-EE14-420B-A93E-8037FF74AE0A.jpeg

I like the Mardis Gras bead detailing on the curtain, but I do prefer the sliding doors that a lot of the resorts have in the bathrooms now.
AD43BA40-B523-477D-8DAB-D75D8127ECBE.jpeg

The view from our room
1202B520-1171-47FB-AB0C-037F5BA4183A.jpeg

Around 7:30-7:40, we were headed home. We always try to leave pretty early to beat the Atlanta traffic. My Karamell Kuche popcorn came in handy on the ride home...
C7D2728D-6357-48C8-A410-86204BDEE801.jpeg

And I enjoyed my other edible souvenir later that night...I think Max thought I brought this home for him!
719B9E39-876B-4331-B5F2-7EA896E2D5D2.jpeg

We ended up having to drive through some pretty hard rain on the way home, which made for an interesting ride and a slow roll getting through Atlanta. And unloading Mom’s car was definitely fun in the rain. It was a sweet reunion when J got home from work - this trip (5 nights) is the longest we’d been apart since we got married in 2013, and I’m not eager to do it again soon!

Up next: Final thoughts and souvenirs!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Final Thoughts and Souvenirs

I have already written out my final thoughts on the cruise here, so I’ll keep this portion pretty short. I really did enjoy the cruise, and I can’t wait to book another one. I think I finally have J convinced, so maybe you’ll see another cruise report from us in the next couple years.

For the WDW part of the trip, even though we were there for a whopping 21-22 hours, I’m glad we got to have some time there, especially with the way things are now. I forgot to mention earlier, I had a FP for Spaceship Earth when I was at Epcot, and when I saw the looooong FP line, I bailed, thinking I’d have a chance to say “see ya real soon” in April. Now of course I’m kicking myself for not waiting out the line. I vaguely remember the Jeremy Irons version of SSE from when I was a kid, but the current version is the one I have the most memories of, and I know it will be so different after the refurb. I will say, my two hours in Epcot solidified why J and I prefer to do WDW when kids are in school. Presidents Day weekend is CRAZY.

Overall, it was a really wonderful trip, and I’m glad we got to do a trip all together before A starts college in the fall. BUT I found myself missing J a lot. I know it sounds silly to say since we’ve been together for nearly a decade and married for almost seven years, but he and I get along really well 99% of the time. We like a lot of the same things and we’ve developed a good rhythm on our Disney trips, so doing Disney without him just felt wrong. I look forward to the day - hopefully in June 🤞🏼 - that we’ll be back in “The World” together.

Now, onto the souvenirs!

Starting with the cruise portion of the trip, I got J this hat so he can finally have another one to wear besides the black Mickey Nike hat that he wears all. the. time. in the parks.
E7E575CC-E02B-4C0D-B3D6-A02BCA8AD88A.jpeg

I also got this cute ornament to go on our Disney Christmas tree. It’s currently sitting in the box in the basement with the other ornaments, so enjoy this picture that I pulled from online.
54C50DCC-C618-419D-8ED0-2D1366872248.jpeg

For myself, I got this cute t-shirt. I have the matching WDW version and wear it all the time, so this was a no-brainer purchase. I’ve already worn it a couple times since we got back from the trip.
37FBF1E6-91C2-489B-A509-67A97ECC9C8D.jpeg

I also got this adorable mug. It pairs perfectly with a good book and my beloved Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon tea, my favorite way to wind down the day.
44285B6B-EDB3-4B63-9167-A9588E6B363F.jpeg

For the WDW portion of the trip, I bought myself the cute Spaceship Earth Wishable which you’ve already seen, as well as Sleepy Figment! I noticed on the car ride home that his fur (?) perfectly matched my nails for the cruise.
7306DC4C-17BA-48D5-8FC6-452F8D342159.jpeg

CC04DD49-6D6A-4B04-A813-266536224C6B.jpeg

J’s big gift was this button-up shirt. He really wanted it, and I love the color. He wears shirts like these all time time in the summer, so I know he’ll get a lot of use out of it.
356CB751-EA4C-4DE2-BEDB-27050C87A204.jpeg

And that’s it! When I set out to write this trip report, I had wanted it to last me until our April trip, and it would have. We were supposed to leave today. The April trip was pushed to May, and now to June. If June doesn’t happen, I don’t know if we’ll reschedule for a third time, or just wait until our planned September trip. I don’t have the heart to start a Pre-Trip report right now, since things are still up in the air. I know WDW will open soon enough. Florida’s economy depends on the theme parks.

I’ve seen a lot of people say that anyone who goes to WDW this year is crazy. I have to disagree. I feel safer at WDW than I do at my local Walmart. The Disney parks are some of the cleanest places in the world, and I know they will be smart about re-opening. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the long run. Will it be like the last recession, when they had to offer tons of discounts to fill their rooms? Or will they raise prices on everything to compensate for the money they’ve lost? I don’t think I could take another 25% increase on our APs.

J and I are very fortunate and blessed to be able to say that we have not been impacted financially in the slightest by COVID. He is still going in to work every day, and I am working from home full time. I know not everyone can say that, and we are so thankful that we can. If you are out of work due to COVID, please know that our hearts go out to you. I hope that everyone will be back to work, safely, soon. If you are a healthcare worker on the front lines of this battle, know that you are my and so many others’ hero. I pray that rest will come soon. And if you or any of your loved ones are sick, please know that I pray for you every day.

I hope and pray that this is all just a bad memory soon. In the meantime, I am distracting myself by sewing masks in my “free time” (54 donated so far), and reading everyone’s trip reports. I’m caught up on everything current, so if you see me creeping on your super old trip reports, don’t mind me! 😂 In all sincerity, thank you to everyone that has read through my report. I hope that I have been able to return some of the joy that so many of you have given to me. I hope to be seeing you for another trip report real soon!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Really enjoyed your cruise TR! You had some great photos, and I liked following along with your commentary. :happy: Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Hope that you go on a cruise again, when the medical safety conditions are cleared for the passengers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom