The Great Movie Ride what would have you changed?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Whoa... geez. Talk about peeing on the proverbial Main Street Electrical Parade. :rolleyes:🤪

All fantastic points. If we have to be realistic about owned movies and such, allow me to revise your list a tad. Some of those movies don't translate to great Movie Ride scenes IMO. :)
  1. The Sound of Music
  2. Star Wars (original trilogy)
  3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  4. Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier Mrs Doubtfire
  5. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  6. Planet of the Apes (original version) Independence Day
  7. Titanic
  8. Nightmare Before Christmas (God no, I hate the HM overlay in DL at Christmas) Night at the Museum
You could have lots of fun with Night at the Museum if you ask me. There's so much going on in that movie. I4 would be cool for the Freak Show scene with the alien breaking out of containment. Actually, Planet of the Apes would probably work well on the ride. I'm just not a fan. 🤪
Night at the museum would have been amazing! I'm still hoping the new show for it on Disney+ will be successful so it could get a dark ride in one of the parks. Preferably Disney Hollywood Studios.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Night at the museum would have been amazing! I'm still hoping the new show for it on Disney+ will be successful so it could get a dark ride in one of the parks. Preferably Disney Hollywood Studios.

I feel like that's "a been there done that" property. How could one expand on it?
I'd much rather watch an S.E.A. Disney+ adaptation on the adventures of Lord Mystic, Albert and other S.E.A. characters.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I feel like that's "a been there done that" property. How could one expand on it?
I'd much rather watch an S.E.A. Disney+ adaptation on the adventures of Lord Mystic, Albert and other S.E.A. characters.
That would be very cool. If Disney in any even gets the rights or buys MGM I would love to see a Wizard of Oz dark ride or miniland.

Robbiem

night at the museum would make a great addition or an even Better stand alone dark ride. It would be a good way to bring a mystic manor type ride to the studios and help round things out

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
night at the museum would make a great addition or an even Better stand alone dark ride. It would be a good way to bring a mystic manor type ride to the studios and help round things out
I agree it would be an amazing addition. It would really help out Hollywood Studios. That park needs a lot more rides.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
1587661774560.png

Imagine if this was one of the scenes during the Great Movie Ride. You would basically enter Stark Tower with all of the Avengers staring down Loki with the Avengers theme playing. I would have had this scene replace Tarzan or Casablanca.

PiratesMansion

I would have kept it.

Not that it was ever my favorite ride; far from it. But removing a ride in a park that has around 9 is just a deeply unfortunate decision.

I wonder if they regret not building MMRR somewhere else now that everyone and their brother wants to camp out at DHS on a daily basis.

Giss Neric

The only movie that I could relate to in GMR was Aliens and Wizard of Oz cause my dad let me watch those even though it was old.

I remember going on a school trip. I was the only one in a group of 20 who has ridden it before. After the ride, all 19 of my school mates said they were bored to death. We went on Tower of Terror and Aerosmith after and they all had fun.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The only movie that I could relate to in GMR was Aliens and Wizard of Oz cause my dad let me watch those even though it was old.

I remember going on a school trip. I was the only one in a group of 20 who has ridden it before. After the ride, all 19 of my school mates said they were bored to death. We went on Tower of Terror and Aerosmith after and they all had fun.
I agree as a kid those were the only movies I recognized besides Indiana Jones and Fantasia and Mary Poppins.

PiratesMansion

Disney: Removes existing ride featuring the movie Alien

Also Disney: Buys rights to and adds Alien franchise to their streaming service

View attachment 534801
That's a bit jarring, even if it does fit the discussions that have been happening here about D+'s evolution.

That said, we are at least a few years away from that in the US, whether on D+ or Hulu. HBO Max has the rights to the Alien films here for the time being.

Club Cooloholic

It's funny, you sometimes don't appreciate a ride enough till it's gone.
My problem with the new ride is it just lacks soul. When you rode the Great Movie Ride, you in the story, going on an adventure with all the people in the tram and the cast member leading us on. Now we watch a bunch of screens and get thrown around in an attempt to make us think we are part of the story, but we always know we aren't.

Goofyernmost

Although I loved this ride it physically and directionally got very long in the tooth. I would have cleaned it all our and put in some sort of new and innovative ride the starred someone like, oh, I don't know, Mickey Mouse maybe. As much as I like GMR, it was time for something new in that place. At least two generations have come into existence since GMR started hurrahing for Hollywood.

macefamily

My 22 yr old son is joining us on our 3/9 trip for the first time in almost four years. Last night he made the comment, "I can't wait to do my favorite ride in Hollywood Studios, The Great Movie Ride." Well, we had to break it to him. He was upset. There have been alot of changes in the parks in four years....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom