What a difference a day makes. cancelled last trip. Waaaaaa!!

eliza61nyc

What a difference a day makes, In January I was looking forward to 3 trips to the world. One was for a family wedding (on Mother's day weekend) and today I just canceled our family trip for August 23rd.
Very bittersweet, I know in the real world with all that's going on, this is a first world problem but no matter what others say Disney is still my family's happy place.
I don't think Disney is going to be operating at full steam this summer and I can't see paying full ticket price for a watered down experience. lol no fireworks!!:arghh:

I can't see how they are going to go from this to social distancing.
20170520_205227_001.jpg

So if you've canceled a trip or had Disney cancel it, have you rebooked? I may try for next May.

20170516_162621.jpg
20170517_105304.jpg

seriously missing my happy place

Last edited:

ELG13

We were due to go mother's day week as well. First trip as annual passholders. It's our family's happy place as well. We booked this trip as something to look forward to after our son passed away shortly after he was born in June. I'm having a hard time with it all. I had been looking forward to getting out and getting away. We all had. I'm pregnant again so this was sour last chance to go. We are planning on next May with the new little addition but I feel like until he gets here and gives me something to keep busy with, I'm gonna be really down about our trip. I watched this virus when it was in China, affecting my students families. I knew once it was over here that our trip would be canceled. My husband thought I was overreacting. But I knew how it was going to spread and I knew that we, as a country, unfortunately have a lot of people that only think in terms of money and "I". So while so many of us are trying to do our part to slow the spread, so many are acting like it's no big deal. It's sad to watch.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Not WDW, but we're hoping to make a Disneyland trip (my bf's first visit, my third) in early December. Hoping that a lot of things will at least have evened out to a "new normal" by then with fewer questions on what operations will look like.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

We haven’t canceled our July trip yet, but we have one booked for February 2021 and are looking at a maybe December 2020 trip. If (when) the July trip gets canceled we’ll probably try to plan for July 2021.

Upvote 0

KikoKea

We cancelled a trip in Mar, cancelled the rescheduled trip for April (supposed to be down there now, collecting our Orange Bird magnet!😞), and are trying for 22 June for a week. We also made Shades of Green reservations for Sept and Nov. I'm doubtful for June, but hopeful for the other 2 trips.

Upvote 0

KellBelle

We have a Shades of Green reservation booked for the 1st week of December, but you make a great point about paying full price for a watered down experience. We are keeping booked for now and will see when the time gets closer.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Today would have been our 10 days til Disney countdown day. :arghh::arghh::arghh: We had waited 2 years to get back. We havent rebooked yet because it depends on how much longer this carries on and the affect it will have ultimately on our business. I'm now thinking to delay another year at least to let Disney return to a normal level where it will be enjoyable. Every day thinking about this missed trip is excruciating. I guess I can be thankful it didnt close up right after or soon after we arrived.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I rescheduled last week in March to last week in May. The consensus is that WDW probably won't open until June. But I'm holding on to the reservation just in case. Otherwise, I'll have to reschedule to the fall. As a Silver AP holder, I'm blocked out over Summer.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I still have my room reservation for late June/July but no flights yet and tomorrow is fast pass day. I'm still making my fast passes but I doubt I will be using them. We have trips books for August and November, I'm starting to doubt August now too but very hopeful for November.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We didn't have a concrete trip to WDW booked, but we've put ALL family trip plans (which would have included trips to New York City, Washington, D.C. and Scandinavia, plus WDW in February 2022) on hold for at least the next 12-18 months. DH is a severe asthmatic (with the ability to do his job from home) so we're committed to self-isolating for as long as we possibly can, ideally until an effective treatment or vaccine is developed, although I'm not sure how we'll approach things if and when school opens up for the kids again in the fall.

I know that sounds extreme, but a friend of ours is currently suffering with COVID-19 -- and suffering badly, even though he is a very healthy 44-year-old with no underlying conditions -- and it's really emphasized the risks for us.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We didn't have a concrete trip to WDW booked, but we've put ALL family trip plans (which would have included trips to New York City, Washington, D.C. and Scandinavia, plus WDW in February 2022) on hold for at least the next 12-18 months. DH is a severe asthmatic (with the ability to do his job from home) so we're committed to self-isolating for as long as we possibly can, ideally until an effective treatment or vaccine is developed, although I'm not sure how we'll approach things if and when school opens up for the kids again in the fall.

I know that sounds extreme, but a friend of ours is currently suffering with COVID-19 -- and suffering badly, even though he is a very healthy 44-year-old with no underlying conditions -- and it's really emphasized the risks for us.
That's the thing that is so strange about this disease. They just haven't figured out the rhyme or reason why 80% of the people that get it don't even know they have it, while it hits otherwise healthy individuals this hard. Hopefully, one day they will get it figured out.

Upvote 0

Shouldigo12

That's the thing that is so strange about this disease. They just haven't figured out the rhyme or reason why 80% of the people that get it don't even know they have it, while it hits otherwise healthy individuals this hard. Hopefully, one day they will get it figured out.
It's hard to tell why any disease affects an individual the way it does. I've had a perfectly healthy friend be hospitalized because of pneumonia, while I (an asthmatic) got it and wasn't diagnosed until three weeks because I thought I had slightly worse than usual allergies. I only went in to the doctor because it stuck around so long and I thought maybe it could be a cold. Some may have a higher risk than others, but at the of the day how hard a disease hits you is just a roll of the dice.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We canceled our May trip in March and rescheduled for July, but I canceled that today. Still have the late August trip, but will probably cancel that as well. Our AP's are now due to expire end of October, but I don't imagine we will end up going, so will probably just let them run out. Don't want to lose the airfare, but I don't really want to be packed on a plane with whatever....ARGHHHH. :arghh:

Upvote 0

D1SN3YGAL

We still have our late August trip booked. I just don't have the heart to cancel. :( I got amazing airfare and we are going for my daughter's 21st birthday. I also don't want to spend a lot of money for a WDW vacation that just won't be the same as before. Disney certainly would be a different kind of trip now and I don't know if we want to go and not be able to see/do everything. Such a dilemma! I'll probably sit tight and see what the summer brings. Hopefully warmer weather brings good news about this virus.

Upvote 0

ELG13

My husband sees how bummed I am every day. We were supposed to leave this coming Saturday. The plan is for next may but now he's saying maybe we can go sooner. We just bought APs so we were so excited to use them! I am glad we didn't activate them right before all this happened. I know they are adding days on passes or letting people cancel them but dang.....this really sucks. I know in the grand scheme of things it's small potatoes but it still sucks not to be smelling that Disney water. Heck, even the smell of the cabin when we first walk in is awesome. Just driving anywhere besides the grocery store and bank would be a treat at this point 😭

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

We all wonder what WDW will be like post COVID. Two years from now, for us lucky enough to have not been tragically affected by COVID, will this be a faded memory and the parks will be as modded as ever, or are we entering a new normal with a new, yet unknown, WDW?

It will be interesting to watch.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Our April trip was cancelled and I rescheduled for the first week in August to take advantage of the free dining offer just in case we were able to go. I rebooked flights bc we could get the money put into JetBlue travel bank with no cancellation or change fees and points are good for 2 years. I had nothing to lose by scheduling it and I'm being cautiously optimistic. If we can't go because I'm high risk and don't feel comfortable with the situation in July, then I'll just reschedule for next year when we had plans to go back. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to WDW in the fall with all this talk of a second wave and uncertainty of knowing if heat/humidity affects the virus. I would feel somewhat safer in the heat of August but then my asthmatic self probably couldn't breath using a face mask 🤣.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

We're scheduled for October with fingers crossed, for sure.
It's interesting @eliza61nyc, as you mentioned a watered down experience. I got to thinking, I am always scolded by my family for rushing here and there at Disney and never relaxing. I love Disney attractions with a passion, I could ride 7DMT 7 times in a row. But, I also love the dining, shopping and strolling that goes with a Disney trip. And I wonder if the expected changes will result in a more mellow experience, with maybe a little more time to enjoy things? I don't know, but if they're open and it feels safe, I'm willing to give it a try!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom