runDisney Virtual Running Events

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hey all,

We has been planning to do the summer 5k virtual series with our soon to be 8 year old. Possibly as prep for a 5k at Disney next February.

I had on my calendar that registration would open tomorrow (3/24/20). But now the runDisney site says, “On-sale dates for future runDisney races will be adjusted, and we will have more information to share soon.”

I assume this is because they canceled the April race and they’re making adjustments. But the virtual races probably can happen as planned, right? There are no crowds.

Has anyone done these before? Is the registration crazy like for the real races? We thought about the November races but were way too slow to get a spot.
Stay healthy!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've done them. Decide if you want to do the entire series or just a month or two. They may go fast as this will be the only medal awarding race in the US before Wine & Dine in November.

If you've not done so, sign up for the notifications.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
I've done them. Decide if you want to do the entire series or just a month or two. They may go fast as this will be the only medal awarding race in the US before Wine & Dine in November.

If you've not done so, sign up for the notifications.
Thanks! We are hoping to do the series. I’ve signed up for email and everything else, but I’ll also just keep an eye on it. It seemed like a low-stress way for kiddo to try out running races and he’ll get medals!

dreamfinder

No crowds, but they may be holding back for the medals. Even if they can still get them from their suppliers, they may not be able to package & ship them out to runners. No way of knowing how their supply chain will be impacted by closures around the world.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Anyone have any update? Still can’t sign up
Nothing yet. I emailed and got a canned “due to the unprecedented... blah blah... updates on the website when... blah blah... please check back”
So, I keep checking. I’ll be bummed if it’s cancelled.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Are we expecting these to sell out quickly?
I’m making that assumption, though I’ve never done the virtual races before. We were toying with the 5k at food and wine, and that sold out super fast. Might be some folks who had the Star Wars run canceled might want to do the summer virtual series. I don’t really know. But I’m hoping to be able to register.

Surferboy567

I’m making that assumption, though I’ve never done the virtual races before. We were toying with the 5k at food and wine, and that sold out super fast. Might be some folks who had the Star Wars run canceled might want to do the summer virtual series. I don’t really know. But I’m hoping to be able to register.

I’ll be ready the minute it goes up as I want the entire series. This theme is definitely appealing to a lot of people, who knows how the pandemic will also have an effect on signups as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom