WDW Haunted Mansion Graveyard Ghosts Getting New Paint Jobs

Imagineer999

Original Poster
If you've been visiting WDW's Haunted Mansion over the past year, you may have noticed that many of the graveyard ghosts have been receiving new coats of paint. Their 2007 green is being changed to blue, and the ghosts that have already been repainted look great! Ever since early 2019, a couple ghosts have been getting removed at a time, returning a few months later with their new coats. The lighting and scrims have also been getting adjusted.

Here are some screenshots I took from a YouTube video that was recorded by Attractions Tube in March, where you can see the work that's been done. You can see the ghosts that have been repainted and those that haven't, and how a couple are temporarily gone. The following ghosts have been repainted: headless knight, la-la singer, flute player, harp player, bagpipe player, king, queen, princess, and executioner. The following ghosts have been gone as of March 15: drummer and opera singers.

band.png
executioner and knight.png
medieval family.png
mummy.png
tea party.png

Screenshots are from this video:

The graveyard has really been in need of some TLC and I'm glad my beloved ghosts are getting the touch - ups they deserve. Now because of how construction projects have been halted during the parks' closure, I am assuming that mansion work has also been temporarily put to a stop.

999th Happy Haunt

If you've been visiting WDW's Haunted Mansion over the past year, you may have noticed that many of the graveyard ghosts have been receiving new coats of paint. Their 2007 green is being changed to blue, and the ghosts that have already been repainted look great! Ever since early 2019, a couple ghosts have been getting removed at a time, returning a few months later with their new coats. The lighting and scrims have also been getting adjusted.

Here are some screenshots I took from a YouTube video that was recorded by Attractions Tube in March, where you can see the work that's been done. You can see the ghosts that have been repainted and those that haven't, and how a couple are temporarily gone. The following ghosts have been repainted: headless knight, la-la singer, flute player, harp player, bagpipe player, king, queen, princess, and executioner. The following ghosts have been gone as of March 15: drummer and opera singers.

View attachment 462472View attachment 462473View attachment 462474View attachment 462475View attachment 462476

Screenshots are from this video:

The graveyard has really been in need of some TLC and I'm glad my beloved ghosts are getting the touch - ups they deserve. Now because of how construction projects have been halted during the parks' closure, I am assuming that mansion work has also been temporarily put to a stop.

Wonderful to hear, hope the closure doesn’t totally stop the work being done.

Imagineer999

Original Poster
If only they could bring back the pop up ghost’s screams.

Ikr? GGG is subtitled "The Screaming Song" for a reason, and the pop-up ghosts are synchronized pop up between each verse. They say "start to shriek and harmonize!" in the song! I believe their screaming was turned off in the late 70s or early 80s...because it was "too scary." You can hear them screaming in this 1973 recording of DL's mansion. https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-1973-ride-through-disneyland-haunted.html

Texas84

Ikr? GGG is subtitled "The Screaming Song" for a reason, and the pop-up ghosts are synchronized pop up between each verse. They say "start to shriek and harmonize!" in the song! I believe their screaming was turned off in the late 70s or early 80s...because it was "too scary." You can hear them screaming in this 1973 recording of DL's mansion. https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-1973-ride-through-disneyland-haunted.html
Those things terrorized me as a little kid. Now I wish they would come back.

Animaniac93-98

And they have the OG Bride too.
View attachment 462747
Credit:SoCalAttractions 360.

But the screams in the attic are not the same. Different sound and timing.

If you listen to older videos of the MK ride you can hear them even in the ballroom. Passport2Dreams actually did a really accurate representation of this in her Musical Souvenir program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom