Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

One positive of Galaxy's Edge is we don't have the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters anymore. Because this would be absolutely terrifying šŸ˜‚
View attachment 461901

I thought the Disney characters as Star Wars characters that you could meet at Star Wars weekends were a lot of fun. Galaxies edge could learn a lot from the people that run Star Wars weekends.

The Grand Inquisitor

I thought the Disney characters as Star Wars characters that you could meet at Star Wars weekends were a lot of fun. Galaxies edge could learn a lot from the people that run Star Wars weekends.
I honestly miss Star Wars Weekends they were so much fun. I still believe Star Wars should have gotten its own park. So it could be divided by prequel era, original era, and sequel era planets.

TrainsOfDisney

I honestly miss Star Wars Weekends they were so much fun. I still believe Star Wars should have gotten its own park. So it could be divided by prequel era, original era, and sequel era planets.

Exactly... they were fun! Thatā€™s what Galaxies edge is missing. GE at its best is impressive. The only time it feels a little fun is when the storm troopers or Chewie are interacting with people.

Texas84

So much of Star Wars Weekends was pure cringe. The Hyperspace Hoopla is the epitome of lazy humor. What if stormtroopers... but they're DANCING!!!! I also hated seeing Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters. I'm so, so glad they stopped doing this stuff.
dd.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So much of Star Wars Weekends was pure cringe. The Hyperspace Hoopla is the epitome of lazy humor. What if stormtroopers... but they're DANCING!!!! I also hated seeing Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters. I'm so, so glad they stopped doing this stuff.

Yeah, all that Disney trivialization of SW was so cringey.

LucasFilm would never do that.

SplashJacket

The fact that was actually made is hilarious. Definitely agree with @Tom Morrow. It by no means fits the parks in any current form but it is still hilarious. However, if the dinner show was actually made, and an "ex-storm troop" came out and started jamming I wouldn't complain! šŸ˜‚

The main issue is it would have to be done right, and this sort of thing just comes off as cheap and lazy which translates to cringe. If it could be integrated in a non-cringe amusing way I don't think it is necessarily a negative.

Tom Morrow

I think any form of humor that boils down to "what if (thing) except ironically drastically different in tone than how it normally is!" is one of the laziest forms of comedy. See also: any sketch that takes something innocent and makes it graphically violent, such as 90% of Robot Chicken sketches.

Blech. Disney was right to buy Lucasfilm from George and begin to take it seriously when they did.

TrainsOfDisney

I wish they had built a people mover type attraction. It would add kinetic energy to the land and also could give a birds eye view of the attractions like the people mover in space mountain. Show off one of those massive show scenes in Rise for example!

The other big wish... a special effects show. The way I think of it... Yoda in AA form. Think Alien / stitch type theatre with Yoda demonstrating the use of the force and the ways of the Jedi. Imagine seeing Yoda levitate an object over your head!

The last wish... some physical thrill. Some sort of coaster was really needed. I donā€™t care what it was themed to... there is no physical thrill in the whole billion dollar land.

TrainsOfDisney

I think there is a "wow" factor to Galaxy edge though, agree it might need something more... A night time drone show Resistance vs First Order or something similar.

There is to an extent.... entering from toy story land / Frontierland side has a wow factor ... entering from Hyperion Park / Critter Country is a big ā€œthis is is it?ā€ for me.

Itā€™s like they built the set of Hamilton and just had a few soldiers walking around saying they were looking for Alexander. Ok... the set is impressive and the soldiers make me chuckle but otherwise.... Iā€™m just looking at a fancy set. Itā€™s not alive.

999th Happy Haunt

There is to an extent.... entering from toy story land / Frontierland side has a wow factor ... entering from Hyperion Park / Critter Country is a big ā€œthis is is it?ā€ for me.
I actually prefer the Grand Ave. entrance. I thought the slow burn reveal of walking through the forest and then seeing the outpost come into view was so cool.

The Grand Inquisitor

I wish they had built a people mover type attraction. It would add kinetic energy to the land and also could give a birds eye view of the attractions like the people mover in space mountain. Show off one of those massive show scenes in Rise for example!

The other big wish... a special effects show. The way I think of it... Yoda in AA form. Think Alien / stitch type theatre with Yoda demonstrating the use of the force and the ways of the Jedi. Imagine seeing Yoda levitate an object over your head!

The last wish... some physical thrill. Some sort of coaster was really needed. I donā€™t care what it was themed to... there is no physical thrill in the whole billion dollar land.
I would add a Yoda AA for the lightsaber building experience. Plus more walkaround characters and AA's in the land.

Tom Morrow

The original Star Wars films were not without humor, they just weren't WHAT IF STORMTROOPERS BUT DANCING. My Robot Chicken example is the hackiest form of humor, only the most basic people laugh at stuff like this. You guys... what if... (insert innocent character here)... only they murder people! LOL!!!

Also I can't stand being told "oh, you're no fun" for not laughing at humor that sucks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom