Disney to start Furloughs April 19th

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That math is somewhat inaccurate, as our MAX weekly unemployment rate here in FL (before the $600) is $275.

From our State website:
In Florida, your weekly benefit amount is calculated by dividing your total earnings for the highest paid quarter of the base period by 26, up to a current maximum of $275per week. You can receive benefits for anywhere between 12 to 23 weeks, depending on Florida's current unemployment rate.

so does it combine to make $875 a week then?

Lilofan

im curious how this will work too given that in FL unemployment requires the applicant to show good faith effort in becoming employed. Ain’t nobody hiring right now
One can always say they applied at Wal Mart. Last week more than 10K applied for a few hundred positions.

Dutch Inn '76

6.6 million this week...3.3 last.

10 mil...massive unemployment never seen in that kinda speed. Previous high in UE new claims was 680,000 in a week in 1982. Peak UE in 1933 was 23%

Some analysts predicting as high as 52% in the short term.

Again...all cold hard facts.

I saw a report by the Fed predicting 32% in June. If that happens, then shutting down everything will probably have been a mistake. 52%? Definitely a mistake.

Dutch Inn '76

So not shutting down everything , and we are looking on many more people dying and more infected.

Correct. What would have been better though? A repeat of the Spanish Flu? Or a repeat of the Great Depression? With the shutdown, we might be getting both.

Tavernacle12

This presumably doesn’t effect security teams, animal teams, and LWTL scientists, right? My understanding was they were all still working.

Nubs70

im curious how this will work too given that in FL unemployment requires the applicant to show good faith effort in becoming employed. Ain’t nobody hiring right now
Back 08-09 when I was on the 99 week plan. I had to apply and keep record of 3 applications per week.

Online application systems make this very easy. There is no requirement that you.must be qualified for the job to which you are applying. 20 minutes on the laptop and your application requirement van be completed.

lazyboy97o

Back 08-09 when I was on the 99 week plan. I had to apply and keep record of 3 applications per week.

Online application systems make this very easy. There is no requirement that you.must be qualified for the job to which you are applying. 20 minutes on the laptop and your application requirement van be completed.
Once upon a time I worked at a place that was across the street from the Unemployment Office. I never looked into the specific requirements for the location, but we'd get waves of people just wanting to fill out an application.

GymLeaderPhil

Does anyone have a list of unionized teams? Will the call centers stay open?
Most of the front line Cast Members are unionized.

None of the call centers (WDW, DLR, DCL, DVC) have unions as they are considered office and technical positions. The same applies to in-park Guest Relations and post-visit guest communications teams. All of those roles will be running at severely reduced capacity/hours of operation.

fngoofy

which hurts because I have a week booked in June....
I hear ya, we had a week in June planned but canceled it and the flights earlier this week.
They are offering free dining for a reschedule to later in the summer, fyi.

We are holding off until there is a vaccine. Just can't go to a magnet destination and have a good time while this lurks. I want to relax, not worry about everything I touch and every cough & sneeze.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom