Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19TH

I was up early to get ready for another day. I took @DisneyGigi's advice & got myself a travel size Downy wrinkle release spray. My shorts really needed it!!
IMG_5400.JPEG

I made 2 cups of coffee from the rations that mousekeeping left us.
IMG_5401.JPEG

I headed outside to see what the weather was like first hand & I came across this sad envelope.
IMG_5403.JPEG

This was the first glimpse I was able to get of Pop Century & the Skyliner station in the daylight hours.
IMG_5404.JPEG

IMG_5405.JPEG

IMG_5406.JPEG

It looked like it was going to be a nice day!!
IMG_5407.JPEG

I came back to the room & got ready to surprise E with popcorn bucket #2!! I had thought about doing it at the park but really did not feel like trying to get Santa Mickey in without her seeing it. Since I brought it I felt like we still had to have an unveiling of it.
IMG_5409.JPEG

R & J were plotting while E was getting ready!!
IMG_5410.JPEG

Haha!! We got her again!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19TH

After we got done teasing E we headed to Landscape of Flavors so R & J could get some breakfast.
IMG_5412.JPEG

Notice the receipt & pen still in J's hand!

J got waffles & R got his usual banana & apples.
IMG_5414.JPEG

I took this picture so I would remember to write about it in my notes. For some reason J was having an issue getting the milk in his mouth & it kept running down his face. After the third time he looks at us & says, "You would think I had a hole in my lip or something!!" :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: It was so darn funny!!
IMG_5415.JPEG

We headed to the bus stop to find 2 MK buses there!!
IMG_5417.JPEG

I do like the queue setup for the buses. I will say it is much more orderly than it is at POR.
IMG_5418.JPEG

We ended up on the 2nd bus which was nice b/c it was totally empty when we got on.
IMG_5419.JPEG

IMG_5420.JPEG

E & R stayed up front with the stroller.
IMG_5421.JPEG

While J & I headed to the back--as usual!!
IMG_5422.JPEG

krisri18

My stomach still gets queasy on the hills & truthfully if it wasn't for R wanting to go on I would have skipped it. But it is fun & I do like it. If no one in my group wanted to go on I wold be totally fine with staying off too!!

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!!

He was--it was so rude!!

Yes--it was my plate!! I get the same thing every time I go there!!

Some interactions are better than others but this one was absolutely great!! It's definitely his favorite show there now. Something tells me it will be a "must do" every time we're at HS! It was tough parting with that beer b/c it was a Safari Amber & it's a favorite of mine!!

He was great!! I tried getting a good look at his name tag but couldn't & sometimes I feel super creepy for trying to stare at it for too long!!
I tried zooming in but I can't read his nametag either. Lol
FB_IMG_1582413286441.jpg

MickeyCB

I love the innocence of the fun with the Santa popcorn bucket reveal. It's so fun to see kids belly laugh over something silly!

I do like the queue setup for the buses. I will say it is much more orderly than it is at POR.
IMG_5418.JPEG
It is absolutely one of my pet peeves when people act like complete nuts at other hotels when the buses pull up. I have always said I wish they would put simple queues in place. It has been my observation that almost everyone will patiently wait in line, as long as everyone is waiting patiently in line.

slipperalwaysfits

Okay, I just clicked "insert quotes" and then I accidentally :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :arghh::banghead::banghead: hit a button or something and LOST all the quotes!!!!

First, I'm glad you waited for ROTR, even if you missed some valuable POR time. I know next to nothing about STAR WARS but if you enjoyed it, then that will bode well for me...my hubby is sooo excited to go on ROTR! The hour long wait will be rough, but at least it's only an hour with a boarding group!!!

J is SOOOO Funny, I love his "milk" line and the floor thing. It looks so uncomfortable as an adult, but if the kid is happy, the floor it iS!!! :happy:

I am glad you got some POR time in, and YES, I absolutely agree with you that $2.60 is a relevant savings and the CM should have asked! Of course, I am the type that WOULD go back....but the cupcake thing was soooo sweet!
I always wonder how do CM's decide when and how to give "on Mickey?" It's such a nice thing to do!

LeighM

Glad you're back & I hope all is well with you!! A trip to Riverside--yay!! I hope you don't have to reschedule. Good discounts are few & far between!!

We listed our house the end of October and it sold within a few weeks of being on the market. The buyers originally told us we could rent back from them until the end of December so that we could have more time finding a new house but they changed their mind. So we had to rush the packing and finding a new house immediately. Luckily, we found one close to my husband's job that would allow us to rent from them until we could purchase after our house closed. I hate the house but it's a place to live LOL. So we moved into the new house the beginning of December and I caught the flu soon after, which triggered my asthma. I'm just now getting back to normal health wise.

Ears to Disney

Here for the fun! Can't believe I am just getting started. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family during these difficult times.

For anyone not familiar with Pittsburgh this is what it looks like more often than not. Overcast & gray.....
IMG_5049.JPEG

We are having the same kind of winter here in Buffalo...gloom and doom looking!

Of course everyone was grumbling & I suggested to my family that we "boo" her as she was heading back to her seat. I still couldn't believe that happened!! No regard for anyone but herself!!

UGH! I would have been with ya on he BOOing for sure! LOL!

NO RIVERSIDE?! Crazy!! We loved POR in December when we stayed there for the first time. Such a great feeling there. OMG the popcorn bucket!! Too funny! Muahahahaha!

lindawdw

I'm glad that you enjoyed ROTR so much being that you're not a big SW fan like myself! We never even attempted to get up early for a boarding pass last week when we were at WDW but I'll be back at the end of this month so I just might give it a try! How fun that you got to visit your beloved POR to have dinner and a bit of your favorite night time show there! J is just so adorable with that colored pen! It's the best feeling when you get a magical gift bestowed on you by a CM! I've had that happen once and I must have said thank you at least 5 times! :) The popcorn Santa bucket video was so funny and I love how J was so into surprising his mom! :) Looking forward to hearing about your day at MK!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you got to see a bit of Bob’s show. I do love it when all the kids get up and do all the actions to the song.
It would have been nice to stay a bit longer but I'm grateful for the time we were there & by that point I was beat since I was up so early that day to get the boarding group. I remember J being really nervous to do that a few years ago now he looks forward to it!! It is cute!!
I tried zooming in but I can't read his nametag either. Lol
Haha!! He was so much fun. I'm glad you got him too!!
I love the innocence of the fun with the Santa popcorn bucket reveal. It's so fun to see kids belly laugh over something silly!
He was so into it. That made it a lot of fun also!! He just told me yesterday that he can't wait until we can play another trick on her again!!
It is absolutely one of my pet peeves when people act like complete nuts at other hotels when the buses pull up. I have always said I wish they would put simple queues in place. It has been my observation that almost everyone will patiently wait in line, as long as everyone is waiting patiently in line.
I totally agree. But unfortunately there's always one in every bunch.....:cautious:
Sometimes, you just gotta stop and drop where you are. That is all.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That definitely is his new thing!!
That Downy travel size is a lifesaver for me! Sorry I am late, I don’t have much “Magic”time these days, :( but I am caught up now.
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you!! I'm really hoping to be able to get back to this soon!!
Okay, I just clicked "insert quotes" and then I accidentally :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :arghh::banghead::banghead: hit a button or something and LOST all the quotes!!!!

First, I'm glad you waited for ROTR, even if you missed some valuable POR time. I know next to nothing about STAR WARS but if you enjoyed it, then that will bode well for me...my hubby is sooo excited to go on ROTR! The hour long wait will be rough, but at least it's only an hour with a boarding group!!!

J is SOOOO Funny, I love his "milk" line and the floor thing. It looks so uncomfortable as an adult, but if the kid is happy, the floor it iS!!! :happy:

I am glad you got some POR time in, and YES, I absolutely agree with you that $2.60 is a relevant savings and the CM should have asked! Of course, I am the type that WOULD go back....but the cupcake thing was soooo sweet!
I always wonder how do CM's decide when and how to give "on Mickey?" It's such a nice thing to do!
I am glad I got to go on it. That hour was long though....

I was cracking up when he said that about the milk. He's too much sometimes!!

The thing was she asked me. I showed her my ID & my AP card & that quick she forgot!! The cupcake more than made up for it though!! I often wonder the same thing. What is the method behind it?? 🤔
We listed our house the end of October and it sold within a few weeks of being on the market. The buyers originally told us we could rent back from them until the end of December so that we could have more time finding a new house but they changed their mind. So we had to rush the packing and finding a new house immediately. Luckily, we found one close to my husband's job that would allow us to rent from them until we could purchase after our house closed. I hate the house but it's a place to live LOL. So we moved into the new house the beginning of December and I caught the flu soon after, which triggered my asthma. I'm just now getting back to normal health wise.
Oh my gosh!! What a whirlwind--my head was spinning just reading this!! I hope you're back to 100% now & found a house you like!!
I love R pointing at you and saying "for a laugh like that it's worth it" SO SWEET :inlove: . and true haha
He'll tell you I don't laugh all that much(he's right) so he's not used to that from me!!
Here for the fun! Can't believe I am just getting started. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family during these difficult times.
I'm glad you're here & I can't believe I never have a chance to continue this!! Thank you very much--it's really appreciated!!
We are having the same kind of winter here in Buffalo...gloom and doom looking!
That is soooo Pittsburgh!! Although, the sun it out now but it will be setting soon!!
UGH! I would have been with ya on he BOOing for sure! LOL!

NO RIVERSIDE?! Crazy!! We loved POR in December when we stayed there for the first time. Such a great feeling there. OMG the popcorn bucket!! Too funny! Muahahahaha!
That woman was so inconsiderate I just couldn't believe it!!

I love it there also!! I totally agree with you about the "feeling". I just can't explain it but I am so happy & relaxed when I'm there.
The popcorn bucket stuff was funny!!
I'm glad that you enjoyed ROTR so much being that you're not a big SW fan like myself! We never even attempted to get up early for a boarding pass last week when we were at WDW but I'll be back at the end of this month so I just might give it a try! How fun that you got to visit your beloved POR to have dinner and a bit of your favorite night time show there! J is just so adorable with that colored pen! It's the best feeling when you get a magical gift bestowed on you by a CM! I've had that happen once and I must have said thank you at least 5 times! :) The popcorn Santa bucket video was so funny and I love how J was so into surprising his mom! :) Looking forward to hearing about your day at MK!
I think it's worth it even if you're not a fan. At least to try it once!! We all were very happy to go to POR!! I was so thankful also--I couldn't believe it was happening!! I hope I can get around to our MK day soon!! 🤞🤞🤞

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
HI THERE!! REMEMBER ME?? IT'S BEEN AWHILE SO I GET IT IF YOU DON'T--HECK I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM HALF THE TIME!! I HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING HEALTHY & WE ALL GET THROUGH THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER--I NEED TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!!

Speaking of WDW it's time to get this TR back on track!! So, I'm the type of person that when reading a book if I don't pick it up for a few days I have to skim through to refresh my memory of what I last read. Considering I haven't posted in over a month I had to do the same thing with this TR!! I'll spare you from having to do the same & touch on a few things to trigger your memory as to what happened before I left off......
-We stayed at AoA instead of PORo_O
-There was the woman on the plane who got up to use the restroom while we were pulling into the gate which prompted the pilot to "pull the plane over":banghead:
-J had decided that AoA is now his favorite resort:oops:
-R was sick with a pretty good head cold🤒
-I had a margarita for breakfast:hungry:🍹
-This non Star Wars fan got up early to get a boarding group for RotR😲
-We made a trip to POR😍
-And last but not least--2 Popcorn Bucket Reveals!!:hilarious:🍿

In my last post we were on our way to MK!!.........

SUNDAY, JANUARY 19TH

We arrived at 9:35 to pretty low security lines.
IMG_5425.JPEG

My man with the double stroller was having some serious issues getting it between the tables. It really wouldn't fit & it was almost comical to watch. It made me think that they should really have a separate line for the double wides:hilarious:
IMG_5427.JPEG

I was appalled to see someone else still using the Christmas popcorn bucket!! Come on dude, it's MLK weekend, Christmas is long over!!
IMG_5428.JPEG

My favorite sight at MK!!😍
IMG_5429.JPEG

Close 2nd!!
IMG_5430.JPEG

We were entertained a bit while we walked up Main Street.
IMG_5431.JPEG

I just noticed that both of my castle pictures are crooked:arghh:
IMG_5432.JPEG

We headed towards Adventureland for our first FP. I was pushing the stroller & J was doing his best to aggravate me by walking in front of it & stopping all of a sudden for no reason at all.
IMG_5433.JPEG

Crowds were pretty light at that point which was nice!!
IMG_5434.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19TH

Our first FP was for the world famous Jungle Cruise but I suggested we go on the carpets since there was no wait. As she usually does, E rolled her eyes at my suggestion. I know I've mentioned in previous TR's that she's not a fan of this one.
IMG_5435.JPEG

IMG_5437.JPEG

I think deep down she likes it!!
IMG_3067.JPEG

We headed over to the Jungle Cruise & look what I spied yet again:jawdrop: What is wrong with people??
IMG_5442.JPEG

The FP line was a bit lengthy but we made it through in good time.
IMG_5443.JPEG

IMG_5444.JPEG

R was trying to take our picture but someone was trying to hide.
IMG_5445.JPEG

He was still clowning around for this one!
IMG_3072.JPEG

This was the first time I ever saw this!! It was so darn cute!!
IMG_5448.JPEG

IMG_5449.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19TH

We got the stroller & started to head to Frontierland. R suggested we fill up the popcorn bucket. Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see!!
IMG_5450.JPEG

They were still selling the Christmas popcorn buckets!!😲
IMG_5451.JPEG

So there I was thinking all these people were being cheap bringing back their Christmas ones, meanwhile.....
IMG_5452.JPEG

And of course, E really made fun of me for buying a new one when I would have had no problem using the Christmas one!!
IMG_5453.JPEG

I sent this picture & message to E's husband.
IMG_5980.jpeg

Then R was breaking the rules by feeding the birds.
IMG_5454.JPEG

All of a sudden he had a fan club.
IMG_5455.JPEG

I kept hollering that not only was he wrong for doing that but he was wasting my money by feeding it to the birds. Of course, J jumped right in & was following in his uncles footsteps:banghead:
IMG_5456.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom