April trips canceled by Disney?

Bpmorley

The hospitals are very low capacity in philly now. Ers are not being over run. EMS calls are the lowest I've seen in a decade. Hopefully this isnt a calm before the storm. Philly was not proactive with this.

Texas84

What is your role in the hospital? Doesn't sound like you're in medicine. I have friends who are nurses who are reusing masks. Doctors are saying they don't have the proper PPE or enough of it. If you work in a hospital, you of all people should know better. The rate it's spreading will overwhelm the hospitals; THAT'S the issue. It's not about the capacity right now, but what it will be at in a month. The rate it's spreading must be slowed, which is why the majority of the country is shutting down.
No issues in my city. Yet.

Rob562

The hospitals are very low capacity in philly now. Ers are not being over run. EMS calls are the lowest I've seen in a decade. Hopefully this isnt a calm before the storm. Philly was not proactive with this.

I'd be curious how much decrease there's been in vehicle-related injuries with so many fewer cars on the road right now.

A friend is a supervisor at an ambulance company in the greater NYC area. In his 20 years on the job he said it's the first time they've ever had to deal with large-scale patient movements between hospitals from one part of the state to another because of hospital capacity issues.

-Rob

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I dont know if that some kind of insult or what.
My point is we weren't proactive and we're not in bad shape so far. It could always be worse
I live across the river and Philadelphia is the international capital city of self-deprecation...

And I’ve spent many years in all three “zones” of Pennsylvania.

‘‘Twas a Joke.

Goofnut1980

LOL no. I think it's just the expectation of Disney. But we have to remember, construction (maybe) some is not essential.

It's interesting though. I still see construction being completed on projects around the country. That includes new parking structures at our Columbus airport.. and a new area being opened in the Easton Towne Center shopping district. Construction crews there are still working and they have more than 10 people on the site at any given time.

disney4life2008

It's interesting though. I still see construction being completed on projects around the country. That includes new parking structures at our Columbus airport.. and a new area being opened in the Easton Towne Center shopping district. Construction crews there are still working and they have more than 10 people on the site at any given time.

I think here in Orlando construction has come 5a halt on most projects in general.

Bpmorley

I live across the river and Philadelphia is the international capital city of self-deprecation...

And I’ve spent many years in all three “zones” of Pennsylvania.

‘‘Twas a Joke.
I get it. Across the river in that communist country.
I dont know about self deprecating but definitely soooooooo liberal anymore. Cant wait to get out. Dont worry I won't be coming your way. I vowed years ago to never step foot in Jersey again. Been 7 good years.

Bpmorley

We have projects going here now 2. They may have more than 10, but they aren't all near each other.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get it. Across the river in that communist country.
I dont know about self deprecating but definitely soooooooo liberal anymore. Cant wait to get out. Dont worry I won't be coming your way. I vowed years ago to never step foot in Jersey again. Been 7 good years.
Well I’m originally from da BURGH...

So Philly “elitism” is a good source of laughs for me. They’ve been searching for the first confirmed warranted case of it in bucks county...like a unicorn in the forest 😉

Bpmorley

Well I’m originally from da BURGH...

So Philly “elitism” is a good source of laughs for me. They’ve been searching for the first confirmed warranted case of it in bucks county...like a unicorn in the forest 😉
No elitism here. That's reason I won't step foot in Jersey. Anyone I meet from, or owns a shore house, seems to have their nose in the air. And I know alot, at least 50% of kids I grew up with are among the ones i mean. That's neither here nor there, to each their own. I spend my 4 days off in the poconos and 12s in florida. I just hope they keep the airports when it's my turn to fly.

MattFrees71

Smaller to private projects, possibly. Roads and parks still have crews working. International Drive has active work right now.
Over here near MetroWest there was city work being done on Raleigh street that was continuing at first, but in the last week seems to have stopped.

ohioguy

Under the usual stipulations? I.e. full price room and tickets?

That’s a nice opening offer - but isn’t gonna cut it. Seems like they forget the recession in the short term to try and do a fast restart it. I get it...and it may work...but it’s a stopgap for now.

Considering Florida's government was late to the party with restrictions and stay-at-home declarations, my guess is that it may be August before you see the parks re-open.

America is due for a long summer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering Florida's government was late to the party with restrictions and stay-at-home declarations, my guess is that it may be August before you see the parks re-open.

America is due for a long summer.
...I wish wdw could be packed up by the Army Corps and relocated to another state...

They’ve been embarrassing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom