Rumor Toy Story friends makeover

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
You got your wish. The new looks are SO much better.

Yeah. He'll actually look more like he does in the movie and be shorter than Jessie. ;) He'll still be heavily armored, though.

You also got your wish. Actually, one of the biggest concerns with the old (current) look is that Woody is too tall and intimidating for so many smaller children. Expect him to be closer to Tigger's height.

To back up @YodaMan , I would expect the new looks to debut about a month from the parks' reopening - two at most.
Can I ask where proof of this is? Also isn't Tigger like 6'2? Still a pretty tall...cowboy.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah. He'll actually look more like he does in the movie and be shorter than Jessie. ;) He'll still be heavily armored, though.

You also got your wish. Actually, one of the biggest concerns with the old (current) look is that Woody is too tall and intimidating for so many smaller children. Expect him to be closer to Tigger's height.

To back up @YodaMan , I would expect the new looks to debut about a month from the parks' reopening - two at most.

Will there be eye and mouth articulated Woody and Jessie for the Castle Shows? For the Christmas Castle Show, they stand out for being so static.

brb1006

Can they update the Tweedles and Chip and Dale while they're at it?

brb1006

I actually think his articulated look is really cute, but he hasn’t been updated elsewhere aside from the Christmas castle show, I don’t think.
I'm surprised they didn't use the articulate head design for Pluto since he looked more natural.

At least the articulated head for Dale added fur on his head.

brb1006

Disneyson

Clarabelle.jpg

I find it interesting that Clarabelle gets her eyes pushed together and Horace gets the separated look, though I believe in animation they've been drawn both ways. I think Goofy would benefit from Clarabelle's look, it's more consistent with Disney animation. Pluto has the same pushed-together eyes in animation, but the "Most Merriest" redesign is so cute I'm not sure if it needs to be accurate.

_caleb

View attachment 457527

I find it interesting that Clarabelle gets her eyes pushed together and Horace gets the separated look, though I believe in animation they've been drawn both ways. I think Goofy would benefit from Clarabelle's look, it's more consistent with Disney animation. Pluto has the same pushed-together eyes in animation, but the "Most Merriest" redesign is so cute I'm not sure if it needs to be accurate.
You're right! I never noticed it before, but Goofy's eyes ARE pushed-together!
26ee861fa3814dc7a51797daf67d0eff.jpg

champdisney

Good. The Toy Story gang does need a more updated and accurate look, with the exception of Bo Peep, Lotso and maybe Bullseye... do they even use Bullseye anymore? :(

If I’m not mistaken, I believe Woody and Buzz have had the same initial look since the very first Toy Story debuted, same with Jessie when the second was released. This is a really good thing and I can’t wait to see em’ in action when the parks reopen... whenever that is of course.

Cmdr_Crimson

If I’m not mistaken, I believe Woody and Buzz have had the same initial look since the very first Toy Story debuted, same with Jessie when the second was released. This is a really good thing and I can’t wait to see em’ in action when the parks reopen... whenever that is of course.
Yes, they haven't change too much except fixing the brim around Woody's hat..Best example is the 95 parade..

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't see a difference.
Eh, I guess it depends on the performer and how they want to fix said outfit...

However, I took some screengrabs from the 1995 WDW Very Merry Christmas Parade when they first premiered..And comparing them to their Present incarnations now..
Buzz..
1995 Vs Present
buzz.jpg
buzz2.jpg

Woody
1995 Vs Present
woody.jpg
woody2.jpg

IMO I think Woody's head in 95 was a bit thinner....

Archie123

However, I took some screengrabs from the 1995 WDW Very Merry Christmas Parade when they first premiered..And comparing them to their Present incarnations now..
Buzz..
1995 Vs Present
View attachment 459502 View attachment 459503

Woody
1995 Vs Present
View attachment 459505View attachment 459506
IMO I think Woody's head in 95 was a bit thinner....

To me both of the earlier iterations look a lot better than the current ones.

brb1006

Buzz..
1995 Vs Present
View attachment 459502 View attachment 459503

Woody
1995 Vs Present
View attachment 459505View attachment 459506
IMO I think Woody's head in 95 was a bit thinner...
The more notable difference is the eyes. The older Woody and Buzz facial features actually appeared to be looking at you compared to their current designs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom