COVID 19 impact on Disneyland Paris construction projects.

GoThemeparkswithDaniel

Original Poster
Hey guys.

‘What do you think how big the corona virus impact will be on construction projects, currently under way at Disneyland Paris?

Do we have to fear that they cancel Frozen Land and Star Wars Land?

I would like to read your opinions.

Daniel

ToTBellHop

Hey guys.

‘What do you think how big the corona virus impact will be on construction projects, currently under way at Disneyland Paris?

Do we have to fear that they cancel Frozen Land and Star Wars Land?

I would like to read your opinions.

Daniel
Depends on how long it goes on. If they can reopen for summer, I suspect minimal
impact.

cjkeating

I can see the studios expansion being phased. Frozen first. But I hope not.
The current plan is phased as follows as far as I know... Marvel 2021, Frozen 2023 and Star Wars 2025.

Obviously this could be pushed back based on a long period of no construction but are you thinking the phasing to be stretched out further? Or Star Wars (if it isn't swapped for another IP) pushed back?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The current plan is phased as follows as far as I know... Marvel 2021, Frozen 2023 and Star Wars 2025.

Obviously this could be pushed back based on a long period of no construction but are you thinking the phasing to be stretched out further? Or Star Wars (if it isn't swapped for another IP) pushed back?
Interesting. I heard Frozenstrom and RotR being built simultaneously

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Could we see a name change to the park?

It would be interesting if they changed the name of WDSP after the expansions are completed, but the park would have had that name for more than 20 years at that point. Then again, age didn't stop Disney to try and rename Disney's Hollywood Studios into something like Disney's CineMagine Park...

The Grand Inquisitor

It would be interesting if they changed the name of WDSP after the expansions are completed, but the park would have had that name for more than 20 years at that point. Then again, age didn't stop Disney to try and rename Disney's Hollywood Studios into something like Disney's CineMagine Park...
Yeah that name Disney CineMagine park is awful. I wonder if Disney would rename Walt Disney Studios Park to Disney Cinemagique park as a way to pay homage to the old Cinemagique show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Yeah that name Disney CineMagine park is awful. I wonder if Disney would rename Walt Disney Studios Park to Disney Cinemagique park as a way to pay homage to the old Cinemagique show.

Hm, good point, and it also ties into WDSP 1.0 and its old theme of "we're a working studio! (ish)". Only time will tell if Disney/TDP changes the park's name for marketing purposes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom