Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Cesar R M

There is one rumor that deals with this:

It‘s not the son of Soong, it’s Data’s evil twin brother Lore
makes sense he made...
the evil clone of Soji.
She has the "CONTROL" type behavior.

Makes you wonder, what if the federation of "AI" is actually CONTROL ?

Speaking of bad clones.. Its just me or the evil Soji got the romulan dude free, get one of the synths killed just they can convince the rest of the synths. So there is a good excuse for them to consider destroying all biological life.

In the other hand, Soji looks like she has reservations and is playing along but in reality sides with Picard.
Also, why would they need Soji to start the signal? wouldn't ANY other synth be able to do so? why is Soji the only key?

If she wasnt needed, then the evil Soji would have already called. There is something that is inside Soji that is special.
Perhaps if its Lore, he could not replicate Data's special thing, hence why he could not help Maddox finish the golem.

Wendy Pleakley

I don't know how I feel about the whole cheating death thing. The entire ending was just waiting to find out how they were going to make Picard not be dead. It wasn't suspenseful, just waiting on an inevitable Deus ex Machina.

Overall, good finale that felt true to classic Star Trek. The story was ultimately resolved by good people doing the moral thing, instead of a big space battle, which I appreciate.

mf1972

not a bad season 2 so far. De Lancie hasn’t missed a beat as Q. my only complaint is we need more of him in the episodes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i figured it’ll be nothing like TNG, but enjoyed it for what it offered. was it necessary? probably not. due to stewart’s age, i don’t know how much longer the show will go on.
They already announced one more season and done.

Just too long to wait for him. He couldn’t resemble the character he was

Very much Carrie Fisher

Wendy Pleakley

Season 2 is fun so far. Performances and production value are solid.

Feels sufficiently epic. Seems like something that could have been a big TNG movie had that series not faltered.

Say what you will about the Abrams Trek reboot, it did show that the Trek audience can be grown if they spend more money on the franchise. It's kind of crazy we're getting Trek TV shows that feel significantly more expensive than the movies ever did.

My concern is that the whole 'something bad happened to change history and now we have to fix this dark new timeline' has been done before on many an occasion. Time will tell to what degree they give us new and original elements, of a pretty common sci-fi trope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom