Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

jrhwdw

Height balloons are up today at Tokyo DisneySea fantasy Springs.

or more like this area on what i can analyze in the photo, If true We might see a Disneyland Expansion on the Horizon might be replacing RIVERS OF AMERICA.
View attachment 456727

That(the black circle at least)looks very close to TDS! Maybe the first 2 Disney Parks to be joined together??? Maybe a Hogworts Express-like experence?

Timothy_Q

That(the black circle at least)looks very close to TDS! Maybe the first 2 Disney Parks to be joined together??? Maybe a Hogworts Express-like experence?
If they didn't connect the parks with Fantasy Springs, then they simply have no interest in connecting the parks

ThemeParkTraveller

better shots my guess is for a GE behind frontierland but thats my guess

I feel that Galaxy's Edge, if it happens, would utilize the parking lot next to Tomorrowland. Not only could it provide a thematic link to Star Tours, but that piece of land also involves substantially less work to develop than the area being discussed above.

SplashJacket

As much as I'd love to get behind TDL getting a new land in this location it definitely appears that that is not what would be going here.

The height test balloons are around 75 feet tall. Rise is 55 feet tall with extensions going 65 feet tall. This does not include the extensive, and very tall, rockwork which sits atop the whole structure.

TDL.png

The main thing that makes me believe it will not be a land is that it is shaped around the building. This tells me the area will be used for a similar purpose as that building.

Here is a photo of what an expansion would look like going around that specific building.
1584460408277.png

It's plausible, but my guess would be nothing particularly exciting will be going there. I hope I'm wrong though.

BrianLo

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.08.51 PM.png

Super crude... but could it be a gravity building for a "story coaster"?

It is strangely tall for a backstage support building. It will definitely be visible from the parks, whatever it is.

I hate to say it, but the Rivers of America is not long for this world in Tokyo. At least in a functional river, it might become a very small circle. Imagineers have already tried to remove it a few times in proposals.

BayouShack

View attachment 457009

Super crude... but could it be a gravity building for a "story coaster"?

It is strangely tall for a backstage support building. It will definitely be visible from the parks, whatever it is.

I hate to say it, but the Rivers of America is not long for this world in Tokyo. At least in a functional river, it might become a very small circle. Imagineers have already tried to remove it a few times in proposals.

step 1 could be relocated the support buildings standing in way of growth. the support buildings behind Critter Country (the forested section past Splash) could be relocated to a new building where the height balloon is that has higher capacity/square foot. The park would then be free to expand Critter Country beyond the berm.

...could just be projecting my desire to see a Critter Country 500 racing ride there, and the ROA maintained as is.

Animaniac93-98

Much like the extra big hub; the wide open, tree-lined RoA provides a nice visual contrast to densely built Tokyo proper.

It would be a shame to loose that in a park often criticized for its wide sidewalks and sometimes flat facades. Especially after 35 years of mature growth. I like riding the train around it, even if I haven't gotten the chance to visit the Island or ride the Mark Twain yet.

BrianLo

Much like the extra big hub; the wide open, tree-lined RoA provides a nice visual contrast to densely built Tokyo proper.

It would be a shame to loose that in a park often criticized for its wide sidewalks and sometimes flat facades. Especially after 35 years of mature growth. I like riding the train around it, even if I haven't gotten the chance to visit the Island or ride the Mark Twain yet.

I think so too. But land certainly comes at a premium and "the trees look pretty" is hard to justify the space it consumes to the pencil pushers.

Not saying its the right call, but it seems inevitable. Whether the look is maintained (without the functional boat/canoes) and the land is shoved behind a smaller island remains to be seen.

Timothy_Q

I think so too. But land certainly comes at a premium and "the trees look pretty" is hard to justify the space it consumes to the pencil pushers.

Not saying its the right call, but it seems inevitable. Whether the look is maintained (without the functional boat/canoes) and the land is shoved behind a smaller island remains to be seen.
I imagine they have ROA earmarked for future expansion, but I expect the plot behind Tomorrowland to be used first.

Tokyo is very keen of expanding before replacing

jrhwdw

Well...I've found some good news!! Seems like TDS has started rehearsing Tip Top Easter for Easter 2020!!! Seems strange since we don't have a Reopen date, let alone an Easter Start Date ....Maybe we're not far from one???

There are a few vids on YT but I'll post one here:

jrhwdw

This makes me very, very happy to see! Hopefully the closure is shorter than projected. Otherwise, why rehearse?
I HOPE!!! I would like AT LEAST 1 Disney complex open!!! It would give hope for the others! I hear things are a little better in China but still nothing yet for SDL's Actual Park and HKDL.

I still think Tip Top rehearsing is strange! This looks like the reg rehearse time in the morning getting ready for Easter before TDS opens...As if nothing is wrong with TDR... Are we supposed to expect cutbacks when TDR reopens? Tip Top doesn't look like a Corona cutback to me. Got a sneak peek at April's Cal. before TDR stayed closed for more time. Dreaming Up! was twice a day with the new Fantasyland! Hopefully that's still the case when New Fantasyland opens.

mharrington

Well...I've found some good news!! Seems like TDS has started rehearsing Tip Top Easter for Easter 2020!!! Seems strange since we don't have a Reopen date, let alone an Easter Start Date ....Maybe we're not far from one???

There are a few vids on YT but I'll post one here:

It could just be a televised thing (or filmed for online thing), like the performances of Minnie's show and for Fantasmic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom