Rumor Is Apple about to make the happiest acquisition on earth?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Apple buys Disney and Six Flags. Turns the Disney Parks and Six Flags into their own company. Disney parks continue with their current IPs, Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Avatar and Six Flags can use the millions of other IPs in their parks.
I can't see Apple investing in Six Flags. But the spinoff park company -- there's precedent for that.

donsullivan

Premium Member
If they buy the content and spin off the networks, publishers and theme parks... they're not getting away from their core competencies.
They'd also be destroying the integrated value of the Disney brand. Even though I know many people here hate it, Disney works because the movies create new characters that become merchandise and attractions in the parks. If that link is broken (and I know I'll regret saying this) the parks lose their influx of new content the general public want to see and experience.
At this stage in it's history a broken up Disney is worth less than a combined Disney.
Not to mention that Disney also owns Disney+ and Hulu as well as multiple TV channels and networks. This whole thing doesn't make any sense at all. It's just an analysts pipe dream to drum up traffic

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The also destroying the integrated value of the Disney brand. Even though I know many people here hate it, Disney works because the movies create new characters that become merchandise and attractions in the parks. If that link is broken (and I know I'll regret saying this) the parks lose their influx of new content the general public want to see and experience.
At this stage in it's history a broken up Disney is worth less than a combined Disney.
Not to mention that Disney also owns Disney+ and Hulu as well as multiple TV channels and networks. This whole thing doesn't make any sense at all. It's just an analysts pipe dream to drum up traffic
I know it's complex. Some genius could figure out how to keep the studios working without direct Apple involvement.

jt04

Disney stopped shipping magic bands. No I don't think this means you have to switch to the Apple Watch. 😉

But I'll make a prediction. I think they could take this opportunity to switch everyone to the app. Just a guess.

PS- most likely this is to ease parcel movement due to reasons.

PSS- my prediction is not likely because I would be shocked if they gave up on magic band sales. But perhaps they have calculated that revenue would go to other merch. 🐰🐁🐈🐌

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney stopped shipping magic bands. No I don't think this means you have to switch to the Apple Watch. 😉

But I'll make a prediction. I think they could take this opportunity to switch everyone to the app. Just a guess.

PS- most likely this is to ease parcel movement due to reasons.

PSS- my prediction is not likely because I would be shocked if they have up on magic band sales. But perhaps they have calculated that revenue would go to other merch. 🐰🐁🐈🐌

Quoting for posterity.

jt04

Why? Do you think proving that a factless fantasy was wrong will stop such behavior in the future? It hasn't thus far.

This is the news and RUMOR section of the magical forums. I would have thought you would have noticed that by now. 😶

PS- looks like I nailed the BG rollout prediction. AKA a virtual queue. Your welcome. 😄

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is the news and RUMOR section of the magical forums. I would have thought you would have noticed that by now. 😶

PS- looks like I nailed the BG rollout prediction. AKA a virtual queue. Your welcome. 😄

So you're going to take credit for a prediction for something that hasn't actually happened yet, and may not happen, and may only happen because of an unprecedented global pandemic that has caused the closure of all theme parks worldwide and could crater the travel industry for months, if not years? You already had no credibility, but this is really stretching the limits of throwing 💩 against the wall and seeing what sticks.

BTW - It's "you're". Spell check and grammar is hard, I know.

jt04

So you're going to take credit for a prediction for something that hasn't actually happened yet, and may not happen, and may only happen because of an unprecedented global pandemic that has caused the closure of all theme parks worldwide and could crater the travel industry for months, if not years? You already had no credibility, but this is really stretching the limits of throwing 💩 against the wall and seeing what sticks.

BTW - It's "you're". Spell check and grammar is hard, I know.

I only would consider mentioning it because it is from a reliable source here. Yes, I'm out on the limb but that is as usual. You are welcome to remind me if I get it wrong. 🙀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom