Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Hubby and I have been trying to figure it out for the last week.
In case anyone is curious why this became the panic, it was started by the illusion of production scarcity. Because toilet paper is a bulky item that is not an every visit purchase, especially for those who shop in Warehouse stores, they seem to have a lot but they only ever carry a limited supply to conserve shelf space for bigger money.items and order more as the k centory calls for it. It is an easy isle to look barren, and that is why people had a run on it. Now that I think about it, toilet paper is usually the solution for the runs,not the start of one.

Shouldigo12

I read in an early article that a patient had complained of stomach trouble. I have since read that those who present vomiting and/or diarrhea are VERY few.
Yeah, there's no reason for people to think that they need more TP than they normally would. But if I had to guess people saw advice to stock up for two weeks, ignored it, and then when they saw everything closing decided they needed it now. And because everyone was getting supplies, they started hearing about empty shelves, making them panicked they wouldn't be able to get more in two weeks and sending them back into the stores for more.

And so the circle of life continues haha.

Shouldigo12

Lol how can you build it up slowly when nothing is in the shelf.

no wonder people grab everything when they see it otherwise you are going out there 20 times to get one loaf of bread.

these guidelines they put out are so contradictory and illogical
It was suggested a while back. I've been seeing advice to stock up for weeks now, the problem is people just now decided to listen.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah, there's no reason for people to think that they need more TP than they normally would. But if I had to guess people saw advice to stock up for two weeks, ignored it, and then when they saw everything closing decided they needed it now. And because everyone was getting supplies, they started hearing about empty shelves, making them panicked they wouldn't be able to get more in two weeks and sending them back into the stores for more.

And so the circle of life continues haha.
No. Because people will continue buying more than they need.
I'm really hoping what @TP2000 said is true and that it slows down soon...I've been watching the big town group page, and so far it's still the same...empty shelves and meat departments.

celluloid

It would be one thing if it was only a promblen in the US but the Toilet Paper Panic is a world wide phenomena

Not in every country, but every country that has Warehouse stores. Toilet paper is never stocked heavy in stores because of the large real estate it takes up from usual money makers. The visuals in wholesale stores began the panic and a run on toilet paper began from there.

Rich Brownn

Told ya face masks should be worn even though some say it doesn't have any effects. It's now mandatory in the other side of the world where majority of the population wears masks to begin with.

They don't work to protect you. They work if you have the virus from spreading it. So if everyone wears a mask, you're not taking chance. However if only people healthy wear the mask, it does nothing

ImperfectPixie

I can’t believe how bad this thread has gotten.

Anything actually relevant to WDW is buried by coronavirus discussions that sound like my crazy uncle and his crazy friends have on Facebook all day.

Any chance we could have two threads? One for discussion relevant to WDW, and for...whatever the heck the rest of these posts are about?
The parks are closed, and the resorts are closing tomorrow. Not much to talk about in regards to WDW at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom