News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

1. I’m guessing you didn’t read my post(s) above 😢

2. 3/4 cup chilled coffee, 1/3 cup chilled black tea, 2oz bourbon, 1/4 milk (your choice, I used coconut almond mixture), 3 TBS chocolate syrup (use less or more depending upon sweetness desire), topped with whipped cream, served over crushed ice
Oh I read it, but I've never heard of the drink or even of them selling that! It sounds delicious.

KevinPage

I wonder if they closed the falcon ramp or left it open. They disney cats will run amok in the falcon with no people around.
06304D0F-D6D4-4B25-B4B7-B710937C4308.gif

Joel

Upon the reopening of the parks may the DMWKPT and Funky Fresh methods need to be revisited? Is the underlying code going to change? Mysteries to ponder...

Blog Mickey Expansion of VQ System
I wondered when we were going to start seeing this. The responses returned by the API made it obvious that they intended to eventually have multiple virtual queues.

I'll play around with the Disneyland app later and see if there's anything interesting I can find.

Joel

OK, so the Disney World app has also been updated, and except for not having a Virtual Queues listing in the menu, it appears to work the same as its Disneyland counterpart.

As the Blog Mickey article shows, the interface has definitely changed. In the new UI, you have to go to the new Join Boarding Group screen (last screenshot in the article) to actually... join a boarding group. The old Join Boarding Group buttons we're used to just take you to that screen.

The more interesting thing for the people who have been following my posts: the app no longer limits how often it can make BG API requests. I'm skeptical that this is a permanent change and not just done to make testing easier while the parks are closed. If I'm wrong, though, this would obviously be a game-changer. It would almost totally remove the frustration of seemingly random failures many guests experienced but also take away the advantage those of us in-the-know have enjoyed up to this point.

Nothing would make me laugh harder than knowing that the "super secret" info I uncovered was only of use for about a week. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

KevinPage

OK, so the Disney World app has also been updated, and except for not having a Virtual Queues listing in the menu, it appears to work the same as its Disneyland counterpart.

As the Blog Mickey article shows, the interface has definitely changed. In the new UI, you have to go to the new Join Boarding Group screen (last screenshot in the article) to actually... join a boarding group. The old Join Boarding Group buttons we're used to just take you to that screen.

The more interesting thing for the people who have been following my posts: the app no longer limits how often it can make BG API requests. I'm skeptical that this is a permanent change and not just done to make testing easier while the parks are closed. If I'm wrong, though, this would obviously be a game-changer. It would almost totally remove the frustration of seemingly random failures many guests experienced but also take away the advantage those of us in-the-know have enjoyed up to this point.

Nothing would make me laugh harder than knowing that the "super secret" info I uncovered was only of use for about a week. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
To think of all the time I spent understanding it and then vomiting that information to about five or six other people. What a potential glorious waste of time. 😂

While that is definitely the right move for usability during the fastest fingers lottery, I hope Disney's servers are up to the challenge. Without caching in the app, there are potentially going to be more requests hitting servers -- especially from 7:59 to 8:01.

They probably figure it's already happening because most figured out how it works. But I'm sure there will be a strategy to just constantly refresh starting at 7:59:30.

tecowdw

I give anything to go back to the hustle and bustle of an early morning voyage to get BG's and then mingling with the thousands of other people trying to get on the other rides at 7:02!!! I'd even be okay with a 180 minute wait for Slinky Dog about now!

It will interesting to see how different the WDW "normal" will become once the time comes to reopen.

Purduevian

What do people think about whether or not boarding groups will return once the parks are back open? I've seen a lot of predictions that the parks will be significantly slower once they reopen. However I assume a lot of the crowd that will be there will be locals and APs that will be willing to wait hours for RotR.

Movielover

What do people think about whether or not boarding groups will return once the parks are back open? I've seen a lot of predictions that the parks will be significantly slower once they reopen. However I assume a lot of the crowd that will be there will be locals and APs that will be willing to wait hours for RotR.

One would have hoped that WDI and Operations could have used this time to finish knocking out the bugs and get the ride up to full operation status and avoid having to use the BG ever again but alas it seems not the case...

Purduevian

One would have hoped that WDI and Operations could have used this time to finish knocking out the bugs and get the ride up to full operation status and avoid having to use the BG ever again but alas it seems not the case...

I don't think they are working on it. If Disney shut down construction, I assume they shut down de-bugging for now, but I could be wrong. Although I would hope they would try to de-bug once the worst of this is over but before the parks can open back up.

Movielover

I don't think they are working on it. If Disney shut down construction, I assume they shut down de-bugging for now, but I could be wrong. Although I would hope they would try to de-bug once the worst of this is over but before the parks can open back up.

Yeah Like I said, they aren't working on it which is a shame. Were they still running it at half capacity when it closed down or did they improve it at all beforehand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom