Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

I'm supposed to move to Tokyo March 20 and this is starting to freak me out. No idea what I'm gonna do if flights start getting cancelled.
You don’t need to freak out, Just relax and just keep yourself healthy just dont get your throat dry,
and always wash your hands when going outside,
and always bring your own mini towel or handkerchief oh and drink lots of water, It’s just the news are over exaggerating.

BasiltheBatLord

You don’t need to freak out, Just relax and just keep yourself healthy just dont get your throat dry,
and always wash your hands when going outside,
and always bring your own mini towel or handkerchief oh and drink lots of water, It’s just the news are over exaggerating.
Yeah I'm not worried about catching the virus (it's just the flu, no need to worry about it unless you're old or have health issues)

Just worried about the impact this could and is having on infrastructure etc.

SplashJacket

The primary difference is the Flu has drugs that help fight against its effects.

Coronavirus has proven to spread exponentially faster than the yearly flu which has an R0 value of around 1.6. (One infected person infects 1.6 healthy people.) COVID-19 has an estimated R0 value of around 2.6-3 which is why it has blown up so quickly. Additionally, the disease has a long incubation period in addition to asymptomatic spread.

China has been able to decrease the rate of spread, however, China is an authoritarian regime that can do what has to be done. For comparison, countries like Iran which have very limited medical infrastructure cannot do what China has done. The U.S. government is neither known for effective or rapid responses. Iran has suffered greatly from religious blindness, which has already worsened the spread and death rates dramatically. The success in the decline of the disease spread achieved in China is not capable of nearly any other nation.

While it is correct that young people will probably not lose their lives fighting the disease, it is also true that the disease is very capable of spreading fast enough to overwhelm huge health infrastructures. The only way to fight the disease is by keeping your body stable through an oxygen supply and other various means. Without proper medical care, which would be a product of excessive numbers of patients or poor medical care in the first place (as seen in Iran), the death rate is exponentially higher.

The main worry for COVID-19 is not the disease in a medical environment, but its insanely rapid spread which would lead to insufficient medical attention for each patient. If the virus was spreading slowly it would not be much of an issue, it would have already been isolated. Systematic negligence of government officials will only lead to further spread. As an American, I can currently board a plane to Japan, Korea, Italy or Iran, a gross oversight.

The world is very simply not prepared for COVID-19.

That is not a media exaggeration, it is a fact.

I am not suggesting a fear of the apocalypse but underestimating the severity of the situation will have dire consequences. No need to build a doomsday shelter, but making preparations and being aware of the situation is crucial, something the U.S. government has yet to do at any significant scale.

jrhwdw

Tokyo Disney Resort To be remain closer until early april with expansion Opening Mid may 2020.
We all know that Safety is most important but this is not good news!! There goes the finale of Very Minnie, Pixar and more importantly, TDS's F! Any way F! can be extended a little bit after the parks open back up? I wonder how TDR can come up with dates when HKDL and SDL(the actual park) have no dates in mind. Wonder who thought March 15th would be the end of Cornoa around TDR?

SweetDuffy101

We all know that Safety is most important but this is not good news!! There goes the finale of Very Minnie, Pixar and more importantly, TDS's F! Any way F! can be extended a little bit after the parks open back up? I wonder how TDR can come up with dates when HKDL and SDL(the actual park) have no dates in mind. Wonder who thought March 15th would be the end of Cornoa around TDR?
I hate to break the bad news but Tokyo Disney Resort can't extend shows because of logistical issues and there are alot of things in place like an annual slate of entertainment for the year, Rehearsals are already in place for seasonal shows, And there's the contract for shows on performers.
and in addition OLC has announced that current Merchandise for events would be available even after the seasonal events ends which is unusual for the parks. But OLC needs money since they get full profits on Food and Merch.

its impossible.

OLC didn't give an exact date because they are carefully monitoring the government's advisory,
Even though they gave a 10 days extension we all know its gonna get extended anyways its just that OLC want to make sure that when they open to public guests, That the COVID19 has calmed down in Japan.
Those are one of the reasons that they've extended the closure for both parks.

SweetDuffy101

So to switch things off, It looks like Tokyo DisneySea has started working on some 20th anniversary preparations as Today some pics of Moana and new Mickey mouse costume being tested at the entrance the pathway through mediterranean harbor.
Moana

Mickey Mouse.

jrhwdw

So to switch things off, It looks like Tokyo DisneySea has started working on some 20th anniversary preparations as Today some pics of Moana and new Mickey mouse costume being tested at the entrance the pathway through mediterranean harbor.
Moana

Mickey Mouse.

Looking closely at Mickey...Isn't that his Dreaming Up Outfit???

lazyboy97o

Is it just me or is this very early for finishing set pieces to arrive on-site? The land is not slated to open for another two years. Could we see a tiered opening?
^I recall during Shanghai construction something similar happened... a mock-up of a section of finished castle and several types of rockwork were photographed on site ~2 years prior to opening. Think it was for testing color schemes, training local hires, etc.
Mockups are done to understand the final product at a true scale and ensure the contractor is capable of delivering on the design intent. It is a very common practices even outside of Disney and theme parks. You don't want to wait until you have an entire building done to realize things are not working.

SweetDuffy101

Height balloons are up today at Tokyo DisneySea fantasy Springs.

or more like this area on what i can analyze in the photo, If true We might see a Disneyland Expansion on the Horizon might be replacing RIVERS OF AMERICA.
0331E669-CA64-4C8C-9EBF-3B98DC5EABD9.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom