News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Surferboy567

No, since one was temporary, one was unobtrusive albeit misplaced, and the others are in amusement parks, not theme parks.

I can agree with you on two of them. That hat obstructed the view of the Chinese theater for years.

This is also from someone who grew up with the hat...so I don’t harbor any hate for it.

No Name

I can agree with you on two of them. That hat obstructed the view of the Chinese theater for years.

I said obtrusive not obstructive. Regardless, the hat obstructed a singular view, and love it or hate it, was intended to be a visually appealing and merchandisable structure. The GotG building is very visible from many key places yet is not intended to be seen.

Are you defending the GotG building by pointing out that they’ve made other mistakes?

Last edited:

michmousefan

Personally, I find the solar panels just insulting.

"Hey look, we're putting up solar panels just like the Universe of Energy had!!!! See, we get it!!! Even though that ride was about sources of power and this is about comic book characters and a roller coaster, it fits into Epcot because...um...see solar panels!!!"

So pandering.
Well, why don't you wait until the entire story of the attraction is known? At The Epcot Experience, the attraction is being promoted as a visit to an "embassy" from the Xandarians... perhaps part of the story is that they are operating their facility with power from our sun, maybe similar to how they operate on their own homeworld. Only after we get inside does it cease to be a visit to the embassy... and then Something Goes Horribly Wrong.

RobWDW1971

Well, why don't you wait until the entire story of the attraction is known? At The Epcot Experience, the attraction is being promoted as a visit to an "embassy" from the Xandarians... perhaps part of the story is that they are operating their facility with power from our sun, maybe similar to how they operate on their own homeworld. Only after we get inside does it cease to be a visit to the embassy... and then Something Goes Horribly Wrong.
Sure, why not. It's a perfect fit.

Surferboy567

I said obtrusive not obstructive. Regardless, the hat obstructed a singular view, and love it or hate it, was intended to be a visually appealing and merchandisable structure. The GotG building is very visible from many key places yet is not intended to be seen.

Are you defending the GotG building by pointing out that they’ve made other mistakes?

I’m not defending the building. I agree, however I think it’s a little extreme to call it the

most obtrusive structure ever built at a theme park.

Surferboy567

I said “arguably.” If you want to argue that, perhaps name something more obtrusive, and perhaps we’ll have a real discussion.

I’m sorry for misreading your comment. Admittedly, I’m having a hard time coming up with more visually obstructive structures.

Besides in Uni being able to see Simpsons from Diagon, and various other theming problems. But you can argue these aren't single structures.

Josh Hendy

Is it just me, or is there a distinct lack of GotG show building pictures in these bioreconstruct photos?

EDIT: the Rat show building also seems to rarely show up in his photos.

Last edited:

Josh Hendy

Wow. It's almost as tall as SSE. Nice theming guys. /sarc
Screenshot_20200316-154001_Samsung Internet.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom