News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Glad to see some activity in this thread.

It's the wrong kind of activity. Buzzy has his own thread. This is the PLAY! Pavilion topic thread.

Here's Buzzy's thread...

DreamfinderGuy

It's the wrong kind of activity. Buzzy has his own thread. This is the PLAY! Pavilion topic thread.

Here's Buzzy's thread...

A permit was filed. That’s activity related to the topic.

kthomas105

Is the new backstage access road between mission space and play pavilion meant to be permanent after construction concludes on the front of GotG and play? Or will they remove the access and replant trees?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is the new backstage access road between mission space and play pavilion meant to be permanent after construction concludes on the front of GotG and play? Or will they remove the access and replant trees?

The permit for it called it a " construction access road", which sound to me like it is temporary, but I can't say for sure

jmuboy

Yeah, that would be like building a massive boxy show building that is visible from half the park. ;)

Agreed - sight lines are horrible. I’m hoping trees are replanted once work is completed. There are plenty other access points from that side of the park already

trainplane3

More stuff from today:
play-pavilion-exterior-epcot-03092020-4-5.jpg

DreamfinderGuy

So sad that they’re removing the skylights. I knew they wouldn’t be visible from inside anymore, but I always thought they would just be covered up from the inside and left as a remnant on the outside. Gonna be weird seeing the dome as a solid yellow.

trainplane3

Didn’t they just paint the whole roof?
Yep. I wonder if they did some basic waterproofing work as well when they did the painting and now the panel replacements are because some of the leaks still didn't stop.

Can someone confirm if they did waterproofing when they painted it last year?

It's still nice to see the dome getting all of this love after doing nothing for over a decade.

GordonR

Just look like temp ”PVC” panels, not going to be a long term solution. Maybe removing current ones sand sky light panels for full refurb?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom