Coronavirus impact on DVC

nickys

Premium Member
4 hours, 35 min. 11. I booked a reservation for other guests through David’s that starts 3/15. Trying to move them.

I’m in a similar position, my renters arrive today. But I haven’t heard yet if they want to continue with their trip, reschedule or cancel. Just got up now (UK time) and still nothing.

Problem is, if I don’t hear then I doubt I’ll get the points back and I won’t be able to reschedule obviously. At this point all I can do is wait.

Hcalvert

I contacted the person I rented 130 points from and they are being accomodating about it. I am going to have to rebook in July as I already have a 2 week June trip. Last I heard from her, the points were in holding. What can she do? Wait or call?

ryguy

If you borrowed points from 2020 and you are booked for a hotel stay the next two weeks you can cancel and your borrowed points will go back into 2020? I am understanding that correct? Do you have to call to do that or can you cancel online?

Hcalvert

I contacted the person I rented 130 points from and they are being accomodating about it. I am going to have to rebook in July as I already have a 2 week June trip. Last I heard from her, the points were in holding. What can she do? Wait or call?
Apparently, the reservation was cancelled the day before the announcement that they would not hold the points. She cancelled the morning after the 2 day stay I had CCV and got those points back. We're still waiting for the 96 Poly points to be returned. She cannot get through via the phone to get it sorted. It's annoying.

nickys

Premium Member
If you borrowed points from 2020 and you are booked for a hotel stay the next two weeks you can cancel and your borrowed points will go back into 2020? I am understanding that correct? Do you have to call to do that or can you cancel online?

From what Incan gather, yes the borrowed points will be returned to their original use year. It would probably be better to call to do it though.

nickys

Premium Member
So at about 2:30pm my time, 9:30am Canadian time, I got an email asking me if I was willing to cancel the reservation starting today and refund the money &/or rebook for the renter.

After around 75 minutes, I finally got through (couldn’t do it online b/c check-in was today). Points put back into this use year, expiring in November 2020. Didn’t even ask why I’d left it till today.

Now waiting to hear back from David’s to see if they want to rebook or a refund.

Obviously I’d prefer to rebook, as otherwise we’e going to have to find $1200 - which was used for last year’s trip. And I suspect it’ll be hard to re-rent them in time. But it is what it is, an unprecedented situation.

At least I didn’t have as long a wait as @MansionButler84! But I lost track of how many times I heard the spiel about points and also tickets:

”I booked tickets ..... what will happen to them?”

By the end I had some very specific suggestions, which are certainly not repeatable on the forum. 😁

correcaminos

1. No points to holding
2. All points returned to CURRENT Use year.
So no backpedaling on borrowing
Not all showed it instantly as they did not make the policy until the next day after closure happened. I am waiting. I also borrowed from 2020 and they are restoring to 2020. 2019 does me little good with the UY I have.

They are trying to help when they can. Honestly I started to ask about unborrowing to see if I could use them, and the CM was already double checking the UY and status and putting in the request to unhold the points as well as unborrow before I finished my question. I would've taken the hold over that, but she was so nice and I was so appreciative.

I didn't have to beg, she just put it in since Disney World had just announced closure

correcaminos

MS told me to call to rebook if I wanted to use the points before the exceptions group got to them to restore. I called Thursday night and at that point they were not overriding anything automatically. Many reports and friends said the same.

True for me, but I called.

Hcalvert

MS told me to call to rebook if I wanted to use the points before the exceptions group got to them to restore. I called Thursday night and at that point they were not overriding anything automatically. Many reports and friends said the same.

True for me, but I called.
Thank you. I was able to rebook yesterday for mid-July. At least we get to stay at Poly again (The reservation was 7 points less. Should I ask for a refund for those points?). I just had to make sure that my APs were going to be extended as they were supposed to expire July 8, but not until July 24 now. Now comes the issue to rearrange flights for my different trips.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Thank you. I was able to rebook yesterday for mid-July. At least we get to stay at Poly again (The reservation was 7 points less. Should I ask for a refund for those points?). I just had to make sure that my APs were going to be extended as they were supposed to expire July 8, but not until July 24 now. Now comes the issue to rearrange flights for my different trips.
I might email and ask. I would say calling at this point is not worth it time wise and for their sakes.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
While you might have a case for those 7 points, I personally would not push the issue, but that’s me. We have so many points that 7 really doesn’t make a difference to us, but we can certainly understand others that don’t have as many.

Hcalvert

While you might have a case for those 7 points, I personally would not push the issue, but that’s me. We have so many points that 7 really doesn’t make a difference to us, but we can certainly understand others that don’t have as many.
They are not my points. I am not a DVC member. I rented them and the seller told me no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom