Pre-Trip Bonjour, Good Day. A mini Disney fix in Paris

Bonjour!

Welcome to mypre-trip report for Paris!

I enjoyed doing a WDW report in December as it definitely made me take more pictures so thought I would do a smaller report for Paris!

Who:

M (my other half.... boyfriend seems a little informal after 15 years šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø) and me.

CD38787B-6001-448F-BEAA-18A0681E2D35.jpeg

Why?
M says no Florida until our 2021 trip for the 50th. So I need a mini Disney fix!
We go just after my birthday at the end of this month so thatā€™s another excuse šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m also not booking far in advance as I may have some medical appointments and procedures (for those that read my December trip report this would hopefully address my need for a DAS pass!)

Where?
We are doing this trip a little more budget then we do Florida so we are staying at hotel Santa Fe. I have low expectations but as long as itā€™s clean and thereā€™s a bed it will do! We arenā€™t there long enough for resort time anyway, but wanted to stay on resort for the extra magic hours.

Pic from the Disney app...
C44894D8-DE13-4DAD-8E7C-CDCC5BAEEE40.png

Oh bother!

Original Poster
The plan...

We have a 6am flight out of London Luton , which is just over an hours drive from here. Previously Iā€™ve always taken the Eurostar with the ability to bring huge suitcases for outfits and bringing back Disney treats but this allows us longer in park and was far lower cost for a late booking. We only booked this trip 3 1/2 weeks in advance.

We will dump the bags and head straight into the park.
Probably Disneyland Parc first day.
we have a ā€œdinnerā€ reservation at Argrabah cafe.... the last sitting is 4pm šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Next day we will hit EMH at studios and then see whatā€™s new for the Marvel season which will have just started.

Our final day will be a mop up of things we missed or want to do again.... if I have my way that will be in Disneyland parc.

We then have a late flight back to Luton leaving Paris around 9pm.

Already looking forward to my Nutella crepe....
06213A94-4333-41BC-84C4-3D9C33E384B6.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Santa Fe is the only hotel I havenā€™t stayed at yet there. Until I started running the DLP half marathon, both it and Cheyenne ā€œseemedā€ so far and I like not having to take the bus, but from running past them you quickly realize they are not that much further than the hotels around the lake - and even less so if the walkway to the Newport is shut down and you have to go all the way around.

I must admit, Iā€™m a bit jealous because my next scheduled ā€œfixā€ isnā€™t until the half marathon weekend in September.

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Santa Fe is the only hotel I havenā€™t stayed at yet there. Until I started running the DLP half marathon, both it and Cheyenne ā€œseemedā€ so far and I like not having to take the bus, but from running past them you quickly realize they are not that much further than the hotels around the lake - and even less so if the walkway to the Newport is shut down and you have to go all the way around.

I must admit, Iā€™m a bit jealous because my next scheduled ā€œfixā€ isnā€™t until the half marathon weekend in September.
Weā€™ve stayed at Cheyenne before and didnā€™t bother with the buses at all.
Compared to the walking at WDW all the way down the hallways at AKL, to the bus stops and from the bus stops we donā€™t find it all that bad! Typically we just grab a Starbucks to walk down with.

Are you thinking of doing a report for the half? Iā€™d be really interested in reading as Iā€™m trying to talk M and a friends husband in to doing it at some point so we have another excuse to go šŸ˜Š

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Weā€™ve stayed at Cheyenne before and didnā€™t bother with the buses at all.
Compared to the walking at WDW all the way down the hallways at AKL, to the bus stops and from the bus stops we donā€™t find it all that bad! Typically we just grab a Starbucks to walk down with.

Are you thinking of doing a report for the half? Iā€™d be really interested in reading as Iā€™m trying to talk M and a friends husband in to doing it at some point so we have another excuse to go šŸ˜Š

I hadn't really thought about it, but now that I have "dipped my toe in the water" with my first TR, maybe. They should definitely do the half - it is way less crowded than the WDW races, and the route is beautiful - after leaving the two parks, you run through the countryside until the route take you back through the Santa Fe and Cheyenne until you reach Disney Village and finish in the Studios. This year I am going to do the 10K + half, because my birthday is on the day of the 10K and it seems such a shame not to get a shiny medal on my actual birthday :joyfull:

Oh bother!

Original Poster
So we are closely watching DLP.....
So far no real concern over the princess pavilion being closed. I donā€™t think I would get M in there anyway!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So we are closely watching DLP.....
So far no real concern over the princess pavilion being closed. I donā€™t think I would get M in there anyway!!

As is a colleague of mine - I ran into her as I left the office this evening and the first thing she said to me was ā€œI hope I can still go to Paris at Easterā€. I have to be honest, iā€˜d been thinking of going for a couple days at the same time as a plan B because my work trip to Bangkok got cancelled.

Oh bother!

Original Poster
As is a colleague of mine - I ran into her as I left the office this evening and the first thing she said to me was ā€œI hope I can still go to Paris at Easterā€. I have to be honest, iā€˜d been thinking of going for a couple days at the same time as a plan B because my work trip to Bangkok got cancelled.
Itā€™s probably wrong but my current hope is low queues as a lot of people wonā€™t want to go šŸ˜¬

I figure Iā€™m as likely to catch it in the supermarket so I might as well still enjoy Disney magic!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Itā€™s probably wrong but my current hope is low queues as a lot of people wonā€™t want to go šŸ˜¬

I figure Iā€™m as likely to catch it in the supermarket so I might as well still enjoy Disney magic!

Provided borders stay open, it is certainly something Iā€™ll consider. I know if we have to cancel the vacation portion of my business trip (and it looks like we will), Iā€™ll most likely have to console my teen with letting her spend the week at the stables where she normally rides. But there is still Easter weekend, provided the borders stay open, and we could decide last minute and drive. Plus we have APs, and I doubt the hotels will be overbooked...

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Provided borders stay open, it is certainly something Iā€™ll consider. I know if we have to cancel the vacation portion of my business trip (and it looks like we will), Iā€™ll most likely have to console my teen with letting her spend the week at the stables where she normally rides. But there is still Easter weekend, provided the borders stay open, and we could decide last minute and drive. Plus we have APs, and I doubt the hotels will be overbooked...
Fingers crossed you are able to find an opportunity, would be a shame not to get more use from the AP!

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Theyā€™ve cancelled the fireworks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Not sure if we will have to cancel .... I am not concerned about going but do not want to spend a lot of money for a lot of attractions to be closed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom