News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

hokielutz

The already painted turrets look awesome now... but sadly it shows the contrast of what they coloring was before and how much it faded over time.
How many years since the last paint job on the Castle? 10-12 years??

IveBeenJack

I don't know if you'd call that "Rose Pink" yet. To me it looks like they're re-applying the same paint as before. The overcast weather conditions make it look darker than it is. What's everyone else thinking?

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought Disney said no scaffolding or “obstructions” during the makeover?
This was the comment they made..

"While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot."

TTA94

This was the comment they made..

"While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot."

Ah so they will be taking the scaffolding down during the day perhaps?

I personally would like them to cover the whole thing, complete the makeover and then do a big grand reveal, instead of just in sections that’s visible to guests.

JoeCamel

That's what it looked like to me, but in the video by Blog Mickey, workers are painting the area behind the balcony where some declared their were rose pink hues were within the concept art.
Might have been the art but they have been known to put on 5 or more coats of glaze to get the blockwork in FL and the lower parts of the castle to get the desired effect. Might be a several step process for the rose gold effect and this is just the undercoat.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ah so they will be taking the scaffolding down during the day perhaps?

I personally would like them to cover the whole thing, complete the makeover and then do a big grand reveal, instead of just in sections that’s visible to guests.
I dont think the scaffolding will be everywhere, just in some hard to reach areas. I'd expect it to remain in place as they need it.

Delgado

My niece is getting married Memorial Day weekend and as of now is paying extra to have pictures done in front of the castle. When she asked she was told "the pictures will be made to look like they are supposed to look" whatever that means. We think they will photo-shop the castle. Epcot is her favorite park so she already booked a morning session there but thought how when will she ever be able to take pictures in her wedding dress in front of the castle so put up another $1,000 to book it. She has until 4/24 to cancel and get her money back.
They will probably photoshop the cranes out.

IveBeenJack

Might have been the art but they have been known to put on 5 or more coats of glaze to get the blockwork in FL and the lower parts of the castle to get the desired effect. Might be a several step process for the rose gold effect and this is just the undercoat.

I see what you mean, but you'd think that a two tone castle being painted without scrims would be a pretty bad sight. Also painting the whole thing via cranes, for 5 coats of paint will take ages. Disneyland's castle had a scrim fro the overall repainting and that is half its size. I just think that they are giving the white part of the castle a fresh coat before they add the gold and blue embellishments. But that's just my opinion.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Serious question, is it not possible to paint the cranes a grey color so as not to stick out so much? Is the orange for safety reasons?? I mean, if they were a grey of sorts they wouldn’t be so obvious in pictures or even in person. (If this has been asked before I apologize, I only skim the threads every now and again)

raymusiccity

Scaffolding is coming
These are the strangest scaffolds I've ever seen ! :joyfull:
IMG_0104.JPG

Disney Analyst

Serious question, is it not possible to paint the cranes a grey color so as not to stick out so much? Is the orange for safety reasons?? I mean, if they were a grey of sorts they wouldn’t be so obvious in pictures or even in person. (If this has been asked before I apologize, I only skim the threads every now and again)

I mean, they may be Disney vehicles.... but I'd suspect they are rented equipment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's being painted now is definitely not pink.

So... that means nothing really at this point since it could be primer.

So, AFAIC, it may still get a rose hue, or, it might not.

Rteetz

What's being painted now is definitely not pink.

So... that means nothing really at this point since it could be primer.

So, AFAIC, it may still get a rose hue, or, it might not.
In some photos and video it looked more like a primer or cleaner so I definitely don’t think this first day is the final coat by any means especially if this will take until the end of summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom