Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Curious Constance

I’m pretty sure that it was a mistake to build the version of Star Wars Land that they built. I don’t think they’ll see a return on their investment for a long time to come. They could have built some fancy ROTR ride somewhere on its own to appease the Star Wars demand, but the rest of the land is a literal waste.

On one hand it’s a shame that they used all that space and spent all that money to no avail, but on the other hand it’s really satisfying that they used all that space and wasted all that money to no avail.

I think this lesson should teach them that they better start hiring people to help them with theme park direction that actually know what they’re doing.

TP2000

I’m pretty sure that it was a mistake to build the version of Star Wars Land that they built. I don’t think they’ll see a return on their investment for a long time to come....

I think this lesson should teach them that they better start hiring people to help them with theme park direction that actually know what they’re doing.

Cue the Coronavirus, and Millennium Falcon: Target Run is closing this Friday night with no AP blockouts and currently a 15 minute posted wait time. It's like June, 2019 all over again when they posted a 15 minute wait but it was more like 6 minutes each time I rode.

This was definitely not how Star Wars Land was supposed to go. If you had told any of us five years ago that Disneyland would open it's first new mega-land since New Orleans Square with two major new E Tickets and the Millennium Falcon E Ticket would rarely get more than a 45 minute wait and close a Friday night 8 months after it opens with only a 15 minute wait, we would all think you were crazy, or drunk, or both.

But that's exactly what happened, and continues to happen. That certainly can't have been the business plan they proposed in Burbank five years ago to spend a Billion dollars on this land. But hey, Bob Jr. obviously knows theme parks better than we do. We're Immersed!

While Millennium Falcon: Target Run closes tonight with a 15 minute posted wait, Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn had a rather unspectacular day. It opened two and a half hours late at 10:30am, and then had a few long break downs throughout the day. The thrill-data graph seems to have some glitches in it where it drops out entirely, but they ended the night by closing at 7:30pm at Boarding Group #120.

Because, you know, the park was open for another four and a half hours tonight so why not close the ride at 7:30pm? :rolleyes:

With the glitchy graph info it's hard to tell exactly how many hours of break downs they had today. But just the 10:30am opening, the 7:30pm closing, plus at least three hours of breakdowns (likely more) equals at least 9 hours of closure. It could be more, but let's just pretend. Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight today.

Friday 3/6: Open 10:30am, Close 7:30pm at Boarding Group #120, 9 Hours Closed, 7 Hours Open

bokeh_plot (96).png

Last edited:

Atomicmickey

Cue the Coronavirus, and Millennium Falcon: Target Run is closing this Friday night with no AP blockouts and currently a 15 minute posted wait time. It's like June, 2019 all over again when they posted a 15 minute wait but it was more like 6 minutes each time I rode.

This was definitely not how Star Wars Land was supposed to go. If you had told any of us five years ago that Disneyland would open it's first new mega-land since New Orleans Square with two major new E Tickets and the Millennium Falcon E Ticket would rarely get more than a 45 minute wait and close a Friday night 8 months after it opens with only a 15 minute wait, we would all think you were crazy, or drunk, or both.

But that's exactly what happened, and continues to happen. That certainly can't have been the business plan they proposed in Burbank five years ago to spend a Billion dollars on this land. But hey, Bob Jr. obviously knows theme parks better than we do. We're Immersed!

While Millennium Falcon: Target Run closes tonight with a 15 minute posted wait, Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn had a rather unspectacular day. It opened two and a half hours late at 10:30am, and then had a few long break downs throughout the day. The thrill-data graph seems to have some glitches in it where it drops out entirely, but they ended the night by closing at 7:30pm at Boarding Group #120.

Because, you know, the park was open for another four and a half hours tonight so why not close the ride at 7:30pm? :rolleyes:

With the glitchy graph info it's hard to tell exactly how many hours of break downs they had today. But just the 10:30am opening, the 7:30pm closing, plus at least three hours of breakdowns (likely more) equals at least 9 hours of closure. It could be more, but let's just pretend. Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight today.

Friday 3/6: Open 10:30am, Close 7:30pm at Boarding Group #120, 9 Hours Closed, 7 Hours Open

View attachment 454445

Side question: How in the heck do people get the data for graphs like this? Post someone in the park all day and night?

flutas

Side question: How in the heck do people get the data for graphs like this? Post someone in the park all day and night?

It's easy to pull the currently posted wait times from the app. I have my own (non glitchy graph ;) ) setup for this.

Yesterdays graph on ThrillData is glitchy because DLR had 2 queues active, but one was a test queue. If the guys from ThrillData are reading this, the primary queue will always have an externalDefinitionId of 1.

PTmOPp7.png

DrAlice

I’m pretty sure that it was a mistake to build the version of Star Wars Land that they built. I don’t think they’ll see a return on their investment for a long time to come. They could have built some fancy ROTR ride somewhere on its own to appease the Star Wars demand, but the rest of the land is a literal waste.

On one hand it’s a shame that they used all that space and spent all that money to no avail, but on the other hand it’s really satisfying that they used all that space and wasted all that money to no avail.

I don't know.... you're looking at it from the GUEST perspective. You have to factor in the non-stop cantina patrons, the number of $100 droids, the $200 light sabers, the "creatures" for purchase, and now the cartloads of baby yoda merchandise. Maybe from the balance sheet it doesn't matter that guests are bored. For now......

Curious Constance

I don't know.... you're looking at it from the GUEST perspective. You have to factor in the non-stop cantina patrons, the number of $100 droids, the $200 light sabers, the "creatures" for purchase, and now the cartloads of baby yoda merchandise. Maybe from the balance sheet it doesn't matter that guests are bored. For now......

Good point, but since attendance has been stagnant or even in decline since the land opened, I’m assuming a lot of the money spent there would have been spent elsewhere in the park anyway on food and merchandise. I don’t see that this is attracting NEW money above and beyond what they would have already been making before.

IMixHits

This. Very similar to the music business. An artist takes years and spends a bundle to make their new album. Album finally comes out, has mediocre sales. Artist makes next to nothing on album but hits the road for the tour and makes tons of money on touring and merchandise.

The ride broke down last night at 7:30pm and never reopened. And still nothing today.

But they did distribute Boarding Groups this morning at 8am.

Here with family and got group 18 right at 8am. They were all gone by 8:30. Glad we didn't count on it being like the last few days or we wouldn't have gotten a group at all. Wouldn't have expected to be eating lunch before our group got called!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom