Least rainy months?

mdcpr

We're thinking about travelling by end of August/Early September. How's the weather rain-wise? I know it can go up to 90s, that doesn't bother us much, but how is the rain situation?

NYwdwfan

We're thinking about travelling by end of August/Early September. How's the weather rain-wise? I know it can go up to 90s, that doesn't bother us much, but how is the rain situation?
The forecast will say thunderstorms every afternoon. Sometimes you get a monsoon, sometimes you get nothing. We have gone late August the past 3 years. Trust me - rain is the best thing that can happen on a Florida afternoon! We had one year we got NO rain. And one year it was particularly rainy. It’s really just hit or miss.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We've had August and Sept trips with little to no rain and others with the typical rain storm each day...as well as one Sept trip I remember with a day that was just one giant torrential downpour. I'm not saying it's the most pleasant thing, but there are benefits to being willing to poncho up and press on while so many others are fleeing the parks. I'd be more concerned about hurricane season; however, I've never let that keep us from going at that time of year. I just have a game plan in the back of my mind if a storm becomes a potential issue, since we're also in a region that could be impacted.

Upvote 0

Dave B

We went last year in August and don't remember it raining at all, I think it is hit or miss, like others said it is hurricane season, but we were lucky last year

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

Orlando doesn't see much rain compared to the east coast, west coast, south florida. Central Florida temps are very warm all year long except in the winter. Move until early feb can be cold. It has dropped to 35 degrees in the past during these month. August is warm, sometimes hot. Sept something but at night it get chilly like jeans, long sleeve shirt. September is very slow time at Disney. So is Feb. Not much is going during those two months. Disney does not shut down during the rain. They shut rides down if there is electric in the air. Don't worry about the rain. Most of the rides are enclosed except for a few.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Orlando doesn't see much rain compared to the east coast, west coast, south florida. Central Florida temps are very warm all year long except in the winter. Move until early feb can be cold. It has dropped to 35 degrees in the past during these month. August is warm, sometimes hot. Sept something but at night it get chilly like jeans, long sleeve shirt. September is very slow time at Disney. So is Feb. Not much is going during those two months. Disney does not shut down during the rain. They shut rides down if there is electric in the air. Don't worry about the rain. Most of the rides are enclosed except for a few.
The one that stands out and guests leave upset if the nightly Fantasmic show at DHS gets cancelled due to rain and lightning.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

The one that stands out and guests leave upset if the nightly Fantasmic show at DHS gets cancelled due to rain and lightning.
If it's raining it won't get cancelled. if it's lightning then it will. Every night at Disney is not the same. The weather can't be predicted to this day. Weather changes at the last minute down here. It can be rainy for 5 minus and stop. It can be 50 degrees in the morning and be 90 by the afternoon. Don't let a little rain ruin a fun time.

Upvote 0

macefamily

We were down last September and it surprised me how humid it was. We went to Universal Horror nights and it felt just as sticky at midnight as it did 12 hours prior. The air just stuck to you and no air was moving whatsoever. Would have enjoyed a little rain.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
October to February have the lowest precipitation per month. April and May or on par as well.

3-2-2020 10-28-54 AM.jpg

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can expect heavy downpours pretty much daily in August/September.
And the peak of hurricane season is September 10-15 ish.
Personally late August/early September is one of my favorite times to go.
I'll be going August 24-29 this year.
But your title says you want to know the least rainy months and that would be second half of November, December, January, February, March, first half of April.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

*Jules*

In the Parks
No
The thing is when a big storm rolls through WDW it usually rolls through really fast. I have experienced many heavy downpours during my vacations at WDW, but not many days that it just had a light steady rain.

Upvote 0

Leo!

Could be super rainy if there's a hurricane or tropical storm near. Maybe 1 or 2 full days of rain.

Anyway during that time, a normal day of summer is: sunny and hot in the morning, rain during afternoon & "sauna" night.

In my experience, the months with less rainy days are April, May or November.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

We were down last September and it surprised me how humid it was. We went to Universal Horror nights and it felt just as sticky at midnight as it did 12 hours prior. The air just stuck to you and no air was moving whatsoever. Would have enjoyed a little rain.
Central Florida during fall isn't like being in the midwest or even east coast. It can be warm to hot during the day and chilly at nigh or chilly/cold all day. It can be rainy or humid. Usually during the Christmas season until Jan sometimes Feb its chilly out. We don't get as much rain then. Usually May until October is the rainy season in central Florida. Every month every year is different. The weather is never consistent. So what. It's still a fun time if it's 80 degrees or 40's. Just have to dress for it or pack extra clothes. Ha ha

Upvote 0

ELG13

We have afternoon storms almost every day during summer. They are usually short lived but can be intense when they hit. I will say, when we did our trip in September, we didn't get any rain and I really think the Disney effect is a real thing (with lighter showers atleast). As long as you go prepared you'll be ok. On the plus side, if it's a decent storm, the crowds will thin out.

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

We have afternoon storms almost every day during summer. They are usually short lived but can be intense when they hit. I will say, when we did our trip in September, we didn't get any rain and I really think the Disney effect is a real thing (with lighter showers atleast). As long as you go prepared you'll be ok. On the plus side, if it's a decent storm, the crowds will thin out.
I live down in Florida. Since I was a kid Disney wasn't as crowded in Feb and Sept. If it's rainy so what. People scattered in the rain. They act like they are going to melt if they get rained on. Allot of rides, attractions don't have the long lines, and waits. When it rained we went on Splash mountain. No line and you are going to get wet anyway. Ha ha

Upvote 0

ELG13

I live down in Florida. Since I was a kid Disney wasn't as crowded in Feb and Sept. If it's rainy so what. People scattered in the rain. They act like they are going to melt if they get rained on. Allot of rides, attractions don't have the long lines, and waits. When it rained we went on Splash mountain. No line and you are going to get wet anyway. Ha ha
That's what we always did!! Gonna get soaked and we can ride to our hearts content! I don't mind the rain.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom