Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

seascape

So the Love Simon spinoff series has been moved to Hulu, and people are not happy about it on Twitter.

Neither am I.

Pander and sell us rainbow merch but afraid our stories are too "adult" for Disney Plus suddenly?
Hulu also got Parasite. I think it's good for Hulu but I agree with you that Disney Plus needs more diversified content. Personally, I look at Disney Streaming Services as a package but that is me and not everyone. I want both services to grow and be 2 of the top 3 services.

Disney Analyst

Hulu also got Parasite. I think it's good for Hulu but I agree with you that Disney Plus needs more diversified content. Personally, I look at Disney Streaming Services as a package but that is me and not everyone. I want both services to grow and be 2 of the top 3 services.

It just feels off too me. What made it too “adult”? If it’s no worse then Simpson’s or Mandalorian then does that mean gay representation has no place on Disney+? Also, I’m Canadian. I can’t even get Hulu. Nor can anyone else outside the US.

Honestly Disney just needs to merge it into one system and just create a kid side and adult side.

seascape

It just feels off too me. What made it too “adult”? If it’s no worse then Simpson’s or Mandalorian then does that mean gay representation has no place on Disney+? Also, I’m Canadian. I can’t even get Hulu. Nor can anyone else outside the US.

Honestly Disney just needs to merge it into one system and just create a kid side and adult side.
I definitely agree Disney should include Live, Simon in Canada on Disney Plus least until Hulu is available. As a stockholder and a huge Disney fan, I don't want to see them offend any customer.

NateD1226

So the Love Simon spinoff series has been moved to Hulu, and people are not happy about it on Twitter.

Neither am I.

Pander and sell us rainbow merch but afraid our stories are too "adult" for Disney Plus suddenly?
Same here. Heck, the should've added Love, Simon to Disney+ as well. The content they have on Disney+ is very dry for me. I think that is my biggest problem with it. It needs more diversity. They need to just suck it up and put it out on Disney+

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Ultimately I don't think its something being "too adult". I think it more of spreading out the content amongst the two different services. If they pushed everything to D+ then Hulu suffers. If they push everything to Hulu then D+ suffers. So its a balancing act between the two services.

Disney Analyst

Ultimately I don't think its something being "too adult". I think it more of spreading out the content amongst the two different services. If they pushed everything to D+ then Hulu suffers. If they push everything to Hulu then D+ suffers. So its a balancing act between the two services.

I mean, it's the reasoning they've given.

I really think they are spreading themselves too much, they really should just put everything on Disney+ and create an adult full version, and a kids modified version,

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I mean, it's the reasoning they've given.

I really think they are spreading themselves too much, they really should just put everything on Disney+ and create an adult full version, and a kids modified version,
I wouldn't disagree with you other than I would have an issue with them losing their major investment in Hulu. Also I think a majority of Hulu content is contract based. So I don't know if they could legally just push all that content into D+ based on the contract. But I don't know that for sure, just a guess.

Disney Analyst

Disney announced plans for the Love, Simon TV series almost a year ago and finished filming the first season last December.

This last-minute cold feet is embarrassing, and I hope the negative publicity forces them to change their minds.

Me too. Honestly it’s just kind of hurtful. I really thought they were making a statement as a company here when they announced a show like that on Disney+.

caseybrn

I probably should have posted this here first than create a new thread,

But, is Disney + planning to release any more classic TV or film - like the Zorro TV Show, Johnny Tremain or Misadventures of Merlin Jones...

I like much of the original stuff but are they intending to add to Pollyanna, 20,000 Leagues.., Prince and Pauper kinda stuff....The full Disney catalog is enormous

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom